2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I am kinda interested in Richie incognito who was just released. I know he is a headcase. But I don't think anyone can deny that he has been a good guard in the NFL.
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

I know, me too. First thought I had when I heard is was released was I hope we go out and sign him to a one year deal. He's a veteran pro bowler who's a beast in the run game. L. McCoy is an amazing talent but there's a reason he was begging Richie to return. I seriously doubt we get him but I would be all for it.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

Dakotavike wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:12 am I know, me too. First thought I had when I heard is was released was I hope we go out and sign him to a one year deal. He's a veteran pro bowler who's a beast in the run game. L. McCoy is an amazing talent but there's a reason he was begging Richie to return. I seriously doubt we get him but I would be all for it.
A 1 year deal for him would be great. Next draft O-line. Protect Kirk and Cook back = big offense.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Richie Is a fricking beast ..he is also
does a lot really stupid things. I would
thrilled if we picked him and he kept
out of trouble.

Will either of those happen.. ??

Maybe I know our OL coach and
him had history from Miami
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Not only incognito but Kendrick’s was just released too. Both would be great options
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleTears
Practice Squad

Post by PurpleTears »

I know things always look better than what you have this time of year...but could Kendricks be an opportunity? Trade Barr for a Starting guard and mid-round pick, pick up Kendricks for a 5M/year 3 year contract might make a better overall team. Kendricks strengths and weakness similar to Barr BUT a high motor on every play.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Kendricks is interesting.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleTears wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:51 am I know things always look better than what you have this time of year...but could Kendricks be an opportunity? Trade Barr for a Starting guard and mid-round pick, pick up Kendricks for a 5M/year 3 year contract might make a better overall team. Kendricks strengths and weakness similar to Barr BUT a high motor on every play.
I think this is the only way we could afford him. While it's a nice story to have brothers playing together, I like what Barr brings to this team. He has crazy lateral speed. It's rare to see a guy lined up in the A-gap who can move out and sprint across the field to cover a RB in the flat. I don't know that M Kendricks can provide that sort of flexibility.

I guess it would depend on who the guard is, the contract, etc.but on the surface I would pass.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Nothing serious reported yet on
Richie, I can't imagine some team
won't sign him. The guy flats owns
people on the line.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Hmm ... I'm thinking he won't be signed soon.

Richie Incognito being held for psych eval after incident
Former Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Richie Incognito was being held for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation Wednesday after an altercation at a Florida gym, according to multiple reports.

WKBW-TV in Buffalo reported that it was told by the Boca Raton (Florida) Police Department that officers were called to investigate a disturbance at a fitness center. According to the police, Incognito was not arrested, but was being held for the evaluation under the provisions of Florida's mental health laws.
At the time of his retirement, Incognito remained under investigation by the NFL for an allegation made by Jacksonville Jaguars defensive lineman Yannick Ngakoue that Incognito used racial slurs during the Bills' AFC wild-card playoff loss to the Jaguars in January.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

This was tweeted by Arif Hasan, not sure what the source is, but if true.... :shock:

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Yup sounds like Incognito is a complete nutjob. As a person who has done lots of drugs in my past I bet he took.some mushrooms or psilicilblen in pill form, got paranoid and freaked out. Happens to the best of us. Haha hope he gets the help.he needs.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

He could also have an onset of CTE, who knows? Does he have a history of concussions perchance?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:41 pm He could also have an onset of CTE, who knows? Does he have a history of concussions perchance?
I thought that too but there doesn't seem to be any concussions on his injury reports.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:41 pm He could also have an onset of CTE, who knows? Does he have a history of concussions perchance?
That's what I worry about. I read where favre failed a tryout for an analyst for mnf, and some people were asking fun of it, but it's really sad to me. I hated playing against him bit respected the hell out of home and hid enthusiasm for the game. It's really sad to see that kind of stuff.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018