2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I figured I would start this now. We can use it for updates and discussion regarding in-house and outside free agents coming in
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Vikings re-signed S Anthony Harris to a one-year, $705,000 contract.

Harris was an exclusive rights free agent. A 2015 UDFA, Harris has been a valuable special teamer and reserve defensive back. He turns 27 in October.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Vikings re-signed RB Mack Brown to a one-year, $630,000 contract.

Brown was claimed off waivers from the Redskins in October. A 2015 UDFA, Brown has 18 career touches.
-Chazz Palminteri
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Glad to see they resigned Harris. Solid backup and a great guy.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

I havent a clue who Mark Brown is but that seems like a #### of money for 18 carries. More then I will ever see in my life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

I havent a clue who Mark Brown is but that seems like a #### of money for 18 carries. More then I will ever see in my life.
Brown was the leagues leading rusher in the preseason of 2016. He also showed flashes in his first legit game for Washington in week 16 vs the bears in 2016 taking 8 carries for 82 yards and a TD. Could be our 3rd string RB
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

No other team could sign Harris.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:

No other team could sign Harris.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah he was an RFA
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

My buddy owns a house in AZ and rents it occasionally to Jarius Wright and Anthony Harris. Harris is a nice guy and likes playing here.
Who is Smiths backup? Can Harris back up both positions?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:My buddy owns a house in AZ and rents it occasionally to Jarius Wright and Anthony Harris. Harris is a nice guy and likes playing here.

Yes he’s filled in for both before. Kearse is the other backup who I’ve always liked as well. That’s pretty sweet your buddy does that!
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:My buddy owns a house in AZ and rents it occasionally to Jarius Wright and Anthony Harris. Harris is a nice guy and likes playing here.

Yes he’s filled in for both before. Kearse is the other backup who I’ve always liked as well. That’s pretty sweet your buddy does that!
He's also had Sherels there before I think. If Barr ever goes there I'm pushing old ladies out of the way to get there.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm a litttle surprised S. Floyd hasn't been released yet. Doesn't the dead cap number go up after the league season starts?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:I'm a litttle surprised S. Floyd hasn't been released yet. Doesn't the dead cap number go up after the league season starts?
Yeah supposedly there is some kind of grievance hold up
-Chazz Palminteri
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

For the off-season Id like to see the Vikings work on solidifying our defense.I thought "Our next man up" game on Defense was kinda weak and we saw it against the Eagles because nobody really stepped up we our secondary got banged up.

As for the QB situation, Ill admit I'm on the skeptical side of adding Cousin's. I think he'll do a decent job with us I'm just not sure if he can take us all the way.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Dmizzle0 wrote:For the off-season Id like to see the Vikings work on solidifying our defense.I thought "Our next man up" game on Defense was kinda weak and we saw it against the Eagles because nobody really stepped up we our secondary got banged up.

As for the QB situation, Ill admit I'm on the skeptical side of adding Cousin's. I think he'll do a decent job with us I'm just not sure if he can take us all the way.
It’s not necessarily if Cousins “will” or “won’t” take us all the way. It’s who is the best option out there to do it. And no doubt the best option at QB is cousins IMO. Case is second for sure. Bradford would be up there if he could stay healthy. Teddy I just don’t see it. The 3 QBs we have hold big risks. With case being the one with the least amount of risk. I don’t see a big risk in Cousins given the consistency of his play and the consistency of his health. Not only do I believe he is the best QB of all 4 but he’s also the only one that doesn’t come with injury concerns or performance concerns. And if he had any, they would be minuscule compared to the other 3
-Chazz Palminteri