View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread 
Hall of Famer

Post Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread
halfgiz wrote:
@CourtneyRCronin
37m
Vikings departed free agents (updated) Keenum - Denver Bradford - Arizona Bridgewater - Jets McKinnon - San Francisco
Sirles - Carolina Johnson - Seattle Lamur - Oakland Brock - Denver

@christomasson
19m
Remaining #Vikings unrestricted free agents are CBs Terence Newman and Marcus Sherels, DT Shamar Stephen, WR Michael Floyd and RB Bishop Sankey. Vikings hoping to keep Newman and Sherels, Stephen is making the visiting rounds, Floyd and Sankey not expected back.

I'm surprised they arent keeping Stephen as a depth piece. Although, Zim mentioned in his presser after they signed Richardson that he's been watching a lot of tape on 3 tech DTs in the draft. My guess is they are still going to draft one even though we have Richardson this year. Hopefully Jaleel makes a jump as well. I'm guessing he is going to have Jaleel back up Linval and whatever 3 tech we draft back up Richardson. This DL is going to be DEEP :shock:

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Commissioner

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
@CourtneyRCronin
37m
Vikings departed free agents (updated) Keenum - Denver Bradford - Arizona Bridgewater - Jets McKinnon - San Francisco
Sirles - Carolina Johnson - Seattle Lamur - Oakland Brock - Denver

@christomasson
19m
Remaining #Vikings unrestricted free agents are CBs Terence Newman and Marcus Sherels, DT Shamar Stephen, WR Michael Floyd and RB Bishop Sankey. Vikings hoping to keep Newman and Sherels, Stephen is making the visiting rounds, Floyd and Sankey not expected back.

I'm surprised they arent keeping Stephen as a depth piece. Although, Zim mentioned in his presser after they signed Richardson that he's been watching a lot of tape on 3 tech DTs in the draft. My guess is they are still going to draft one even though we have Richardson this year. Hopefully Jaleel makes a jump as well. I'm guessing he is going to have Jaleel back up Linval and whatever 3 tech we draft back up Richardson. This DL is going to be DEEP :shock:

We absolutely still need to draft s DT, especially if Stephen signs elsewhere. Hurst is the dream but he's looking cleared from a medicals standpoint and will likely be long gone. Richardson is a one-year rental. Hopefully Johnson gets after it this year and we can put him in at DT next year and get some good play. I still like him a lot.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:20 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

They really better sign Sherels. There is no reason not to.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starter

I am a little disappointed that we have not signed another couple linemen.. There has to be some cheap roster flyers left out there or even mid price starter material left?

Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:47 pm
Commissioner

Stephen joins Johnson in Seattle

Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:00 pm
Hall of Famer

Bigwehrm wrote:
I am a little disappointed that we have not signed another couple linemen.. There has to be some cheap roster flyers left out there or even mid price starter material left?

I'm sure there are. And I wouldnt be surprised if we have our eye on some. But at the same time, I'm sure we have a lot we are looking at in the draft.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:23 am
Site Admin

I really hope they get Sherels resigned soon. He's vital on special teams, in my opinion, and is fine in the backup CB role.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:16 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Bigwehrm wrote:

Yeah, but who?

I get people want them to fill all their needs, I'm pretty sure Rick and Zim want to do that to. The question is who is out there right now to sign?? Free Agency can be a salary cap minefield, we have to recognize that the fact they have so much cap space available right now is because they have done a good job of consistently navigating that minefield. Let's not get bent out of shape just yet because there is currently a hole on the roster. We still have the draft, trades, etc.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 pm
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:
Bigwehrm wrote:

Yeah, but who?

I get people want them to fill all their needs, I'm pretty sure Rick and Zim want to do that to. The question is who is out there right now to sign?? Free Agency can be a salary cap minefield, we have to recognize that the fact they have so much cap space available right now is because they have done a good job of consistently navigating that minefield. Let's not get bent out of shape just yet because there is currently a hole on the roster. We still have the draft, trades, etc.

Agreed. Still have plenty of avenues we can take to fill any remaining holes. From what I can remember, the Vikings have never been in cap hell since Spielman took over in 2012. We already invested a ton in Kirk, signed a stud in Richardson and dabbled with some lower end players like Seimien and Compton. Time to continue to build through the draft now.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 pm
Fenrir

Cliff wrote:
I really hope they get Sherels resigned soon. He's vital on special teams, in my opinion, and is fine in the backup CB role.

I saw a report he signed with Carolina but that seems to have been a mistake. I wonder if we are making a strong push that made him change his mind at the last minute.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:22 pm
Backup

S197 wrote:
Cliff wrote:

I saw a report he signed with Carolina but that seems to have been a mistake. I wonder if we are making a strong push that made him change his mind at the last minute.

With these second tier players, there's a lot of wait and see until after the draft. I want him back strictly for special teams. He's one of the only guys that hasn't made me extremely nervous on punt returns (i.e. he actually catches the ball, doesn't fumble and occasionally rips off a long return).

Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:33 pm
Starter

mansquatch wrote:
Bigwehrm wrote:

Yeah, but who?

A late round pick for Veldheer would have been a good deal. I would rather have a line with only 1 rookie on it I stead of hoping g that you hit on 2 rookies to start. Berger gone, sires gone and we have signed one replacement. They better be drafting linemen this year.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:58 am
Waterboy

I like what the Vikes have done so far. They dealt with the #1 off-season question QB. Starter and backup... They also got an established dominant 3 tech DT to put next to Linval. Nothing in the draft couldve taken care of this need. We got a depth guy on the OL and shored up contractually on a K. If the brass like some udfa camp kicker better... Then so be it.
I like the thought of OL in the draft... There's not much FA help we can attain on the OL keeping our contract leverage. There may be some help for veteran minimum after the draft if there's a need to push for roster spots.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:13 pm
Commissioner

Sherels is back.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:27 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
Sherels is back.

This is a quality signing IMO. He provides great help on ST and as a backup in the secondary. Bravo!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:53 pm
Fenrir

dead_poet wrote:
Sherels is back.

:thumbsup:

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:50 pm
Backup

Great to hear. He's the only punt returner we've had in a long time that doesn't make me nervous.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:27 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Good, my odlffseaskn is complete.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

PurpleMustReign wrote:

Go home. You are drunk.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:34 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Go home. You are drunk.

:lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:58 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Texas Vike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Go home. You are drunk.

[emoji38]
Lmao. dump phone.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

IPA time until draft day. Fire up the BBQ.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:30 am
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:
IPA time until draft day. Fire up the BBQ.

Same here. I’ll actually be in key west during the draft. I’ll see day 1 but we leave Friday and of course the flight is right when the draft will be on. Not happy about that! Day 1 is always dragged out. Day 3 can be boring. Day 2 is the best one IMO and I’ll have to miss it. I’ve never missed draft coverage in 15+ years :steamed:

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:34 am
All Pro Elite Player

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
51m51 minutes ago

Source said the #Vikings have inquired about punter Marquette King, released today by Oakland. Vikings punter Ryan Quigley is under contract in 2018 for a nonguaranteed $790,000.

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:01 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

I don't like King but I bet he would break records in US Bank.

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player

halfgiz wrote:
Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
51m51 minutes ago

Source said the #Vikings have inquired about punter Marquette King, released today by Oakland. Vikings punter Ryan Quigley is under contract in 2018 for a nonguaranteed $790,000.

Marquette King in a dome ?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:46 pm
Fenrir

Quote:
Marcus Sherels’ new deal with the Vikings is worth $1.4 million for the 2018 season. Sherels gets a $250K signing bonus, and a total of $500K guaranteed. Base salary is $1.05 million, with a $100K workout bonus.

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:10 pm
Site Admin

Hurray! I don't have to change my image! lol

Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:38 am
Starting Wide Receiver

S197 wrote:
Quote:
Marcus Sherels’ new deal with the Vikings is worth $1.4 million for the 2018 season. Sherels gets a $250K signing bonus, and a total of $500K guaranteed. Base salary is $1.05 million, with a $100K workout bonus.
I think he's at the point where punters kick away from him or short to eliminate his returns. Someone mentioned that he had an off year, but he still had some very good returns.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rookie

Compton Cousins Richardson Wright and they got their punt returner back that is an awesome Free Agency they filled every hole more or less

they are free to draft BPA

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next