View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread 
Hall of Famer

Post 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

I figured I would start this now. We can use it for updates and discussion regarding in-house and outside free agents coming in

Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm
Hall of Famer

Post Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread
Quote:
Vikings re-signed S Anthony Harris to a one-year, $705,000 contract.

Harris was an exclusive rights free agent. A 2015 UDFA, Harris has been a valuable special teamer and reserve defensive back. He turns 27 in October.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:38 pm
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Vikings re-signed RB Mack Brown to a one-year, $630,000 contract.

Brown was claimed off waivers from the Redskins in October. A 2015 UDFA, Brown has 18 career touches.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:28 pm
Starter

Glad to see they resigned Harris. Solid backup and a great guy.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:20 pm
Hall of Famer

Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

I havent a clue who Mark Brown is but that seems like a #### of money for 18 carries. More then I will ever see in my life.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:43 am
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

I havent a clue who Mark Brown is but that seems like a #### of money for 18 carries. More then I will ever see in my life.

Brown was the leagues leading rusher in the preseason of 2016. He also showed flashes in his first legit game for Washington in week 16 vs the bears in 2016 taking 8 carries for 82 yards and a TD. Could be our 3rd string RB

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:55 am
Fenrir

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

No other team could sign Harris.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:20 pm
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

No other team could sign Harris.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah he was an RFA

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:24 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

My buddy owns a house in AZ and rents it occasionally to Jarius Wright and Anthony Harris. Harris is a nice guy and likes playing here.
Who is Smiths backup? Can Harris back up both positions?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
My buddy owns a house in AZ and rents it occasionally to Jarius Wright and Anthony Harris. Harris is a nice guy and likes playing here.

Yes he’s filled in for both before. Kearse is the other backup who I’ve always liked as well. That’s pretty sweet your buddy does that!

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Yes he’s filled in for both before. Kearse is the other backup who I’ve always liked as well. That’s pretty sweet your buddy does that!
He's also had Sherels there before I think. If Barr ever goes there I'm pushing old ladies out of the way to get there.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir

I'm a litttle surprised S. Floyd hasn't been released yet. Doesn't the dead cap number go up after the league season starts?

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:17 pm
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:
I'm a litttle surprised S. Floyd hasn't been released yet. Doesn't the dead cap number go up after the league season starts?

Yeah supposedly there is some kind of grievance hold up

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:22 am
Transition Player

For the off-season Id like to see the Vikings work on solidifying our defense.I thought "Our next man up" game on Defense was kinda weak and we saw it against the Eagles because nobody really stepped up we our secondary got banged up.

As for the QB situation, Ill admit I'm on the skeptical side of adding Cousin's. I think he'll do a decent job with us I'm just not sure if he can take us all the way.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:48 am
Hall of Famer

Dmizzle0 wrote:
For the off-season Id like to see the Vikings work on solidifying our defense.I thought "Our next man up" game on Defense was kinda weak and we saw it against the Eagles because nobody really stepped up we our secondary got banged up.

As for the QB situation, Ill admit I'm on the skeptical side of adding Cousin's. I think he'll do a decent job with us I'm just not sure if he can take us all the way.

It’s not necessarily if Cousins “will” or “won’t” take us all the way. It’s who is the best option out there to do it. And no doubt the best option at QB is cousins IMO. Case is second for sure. Bradford would be up there if he could stay healthy. Teddy I just don’t see it. The 3 QBs we have hold big risks. With case being the one with the least amount of risk. I don’t see a big risk in Cousins given the consistency of his play and the consistency of his health. Not only do I believe he is the best QB of all 4 but he’s also the only one that doesn’t come with injury concerns or performance concerns. And if he had any, they would be minuscule compared to the other 3

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Transition Player

Yea I know you're a strong advocate for Cousins PHP and youre right, he doesn't come with injury concerns but it only takes one unfortunate situation for that to go out the window. As for as Performance, going off of the stats you've posted and a little research myself, he's been way more efficient than our current QBs(Though I believe Bradford could've surpass him in 17' season) but Im skeptical because with all his great stat's, Washington still had mediocre records.

But hey if we get him I'm I wont be mad just skeptical. And even if he plays bad, I promise I wont be one of those I told you so guys. I completely understand that the Vikings front office ultimate goal is to win and any QB decision they make will be a tough one.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Hall of Famer

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Yea I know you're a strong advocate for Cousins PHP and youre right, he doesn't come with injury concerns but it only takes one unfortunate situation for that to go out the window. As for as Performance, going off of the stats you've posted and a little research myself, he's been way more efficient than our current QBs(Though I believe Bradford could've surpass him in 17' season) but Im skeptical because with all his great stat's, Washington still had mediocre records.

But hey if we get him I'm I wont be mad just skeptical. And even if he plays bad, I promise I wont be one of those I told you so guys. I completely understand that the Vikings front office ultimate goal is to win and any QB decision they make will be a tough one.

Well you definitely make some valid points. But again, don’t let the records fool you. Without Kirk cousins, the Redksins are a very bad team. Like 4 win max team. Look at the Texans. Outside of those few games with Watson they had very bad QB play on a fairly talented team and win 4 games. Houston has a better overall team than Washington does. The records mean nothing to me to be honest. Especially when you’re surrounded by a terrible defense, below average WRs and RBs and a bad offensive line like cousins had this year

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:41 pm
Commissioner

Sam Bradford - QB - Free Agent
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Bills are a "team to watch" for free agent Sam Bradford.

Pelissero adds the Vikings have "stayed in touch" with the impending free agent, but Bradford "may have options, provided he can pass a physical." How Bradford's troublesome knee, which coach Mike Zimmer described as "degenerative," fares in medical testing will likely decide how strong his market actually is. If the Bills are comfortable with his health, this marriage makes a lot of sense.
Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:16 am
Backup

Vikings put second-round tender on Nick Easton

"That will pay him $2.914 million for the year, and effectively take him off what has become a lucrative guard market"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/vikings-put-second-round-tender-on-nick-easton/

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:15 pm
Commissioner

Per Schefter, Keenum to Denver in the morning

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:26 am
Transition Player

Well that can only mean one thing....

I guess it could mean another thing too..

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:33 am
Hall of Famer

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Eagles-TE-Trey-Burton-Says-Vikings-Lions-and-Rams-Have-Reached-Out/c81648f1-0d07-46ba-9583-670e1aa5a4fd

TE- Trey Burton confirms we have reached out to him

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:28 am
Hall of Famer

Nevermind he just went to the Bears. Bears have made some big moves!

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:30 am
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Vikings signed Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Redskins, to a three-year contract.

The deal is believed to be for around $86 million, and ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it will be fully-guaranteed, a landmark for an NFL free agent. The contract is expected to be finalized after Cousins visits the Vikings' facility on Thursday. It always made sense for Cousins to land in Minnesota, an organization with a strong roster and good coaching which gives him a chance to win right away. This is also an ideal spot for Cousins from a fantasy perspective. With Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, and Kyle Rudolph to target and Dalvin Cook in the backfield, Cousins looks like a locked-in QB1.

Our new QB-1 !!!!

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:08 pm
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The Star Tribune's Ben Goessling reports the Vikings are interested in Bears restricted free agent CB Bryce Callahan.

Chicago only placed an original-round tender on Callahan, meaning they will not be owed any compensation if they decline to match an offer sheet. It was an odd decision for a player who was always likely to draw interest -- it would have only cost the Bears $1 million more to give him a second-round tender. Chicago might end up having to match an offer sheet to retain Callahan.

Like this idea. Good depth right here. Wasting no time

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:08 pm
Commissioner

Sam to Arizona soon

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:41 pm
Commissioner

Teddy close to signing in New York (Jets).

Sigh.

Godspeed, Teddy. You have your work cut out for you.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm
Transition Player

Last edited by Dmizzle0 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 pm
Transition Player

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Im gotta say, Im really nervous I was hoping we'd keep at least one of our previous QBs.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:15 pm
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
Teddy close to signing in New York (Jets).

Sigh.

Godspeed, Teddy. You have your work cut out for you.

OMG, poor Teddy :( Heck of a way to see Teddy go, we have to find a way to strengthen players knees.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next