2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Jet to SF, reportedly 4-year, $30 million ($7.5 million average). Wow. Good for Her.

Also, watch out for SF this year.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

dead_poet wrote:Jet to SF, reportedly 4-year, $30 million ($7.5 million average). Wow. Good for Her.

Love the guy but that's a lot for him imo. He may just be the next Darren Sproles in that offense though.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Maelstrom88 wrote:
dead_poet wrote:Jet to SF, reportedly 4-year, $30 million ($7.5 million average). Wow. Good for Her.

Love the guy but that's a lot for him imo. He may just be the next Darren Sproles in that offense though.
I agree.
SF is on the rise.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Jet is now the 4th highest paid RB in the nfl. And we’re saying Murray was overpaid :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

SF is fashionable, but we'll see how well Garroppolo plays after DCs have multiple games of tape on him. Have to believe he'll go through a re-adjustment period. I hope Jet can do well for himself, he always played hard for the Vikings.

Then agian... I think SF overpaid. Jet has never been able to hold up to a full season of work in the NFL as a legit starter. He has always been at his best as the change of pace back. They just paid a lot of money to a guy who in all liklihood will miss 25% of the season if he is the primary starter.

SF is definitely making a splash, but are they this year's cap disaster in the making. Given what they paid Garroppolo, they might be the next explosion...
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I agree, they still have holes to fill and have spent a big part of their cap.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Good for him. And our compensatory picks.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Berger has offers from Vikings and Lions but weighing retirement. Decision to come in the coming few days.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Vikings acquired QB Trevor Siemian and a 2018 seventh-round draft pick from the Broncos in exchange for a fifth-round pick in 2019.
The Broncos were in a hurry to get rid of Siemian even though he was easily their second-best quarterback behind Case Keenum and costs only $705,000 this season. In Minnesota, Siemian will provide a formidable backup to Kirk Cousins. Mar 14 - 5:49 PM
Figured I'd add the full details of this
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Richardson is aiming for $15 million a year, so the sides obviously have significant ground to make up. The 27-year-old is meeting with Vikings brass on Thursday, though it's unclear how much Minnesota is willing to spend after investing $84 million in Kirk Cousins. The former Defensive Rookie of the Year impressed last season, earning PFF's No. 21 grade among 79 qualifiers at defensive tackle.
Looks like we are meeting with Richardson today
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Richardson is aiming for $15 million a year, so the sides obviously have significant ground to make up. The 27-year-old is meeting with Vikings brass on Thursday, though it's unclear how much Minnesota is willing to spend after investing $84 million in Kirk Cousins. The former Defensive Rookie of the Year impressed last season, earning PFF's No. 21 grade among 79 qualifiers at defensive tackle.
$15 million/year?!

But dang would he look good next to Linval.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
$15 million/year?!

But dang would he look good next to Linval.
I would think we can get him down from that
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Richardson has a $11 million offer from Seattle. Sounds like Rick is up next. Let's get it done.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Richardson has a $11 million offer from Seattle. Sounds like Rick is up next. Let's get it done.
Its been definitely confirmed that Seattle does not have an 11 million dollar offer to Richardson. that was an erroneous report.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins