2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7071
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 261

2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Image

I figured I would start this now. We can use it for updates and discussion regarding in-house and outside free agents coming in
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7071
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 261

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Vikings re-signed S Anthony Harris to a one-year, $705,000 contract.

Harris was an exclusive rights free agent. A 2015 UDFA, Harris has been a valuable special teamer and reserve defensive back. He turns 27 in October.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7071
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 261

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Vikings re-signed RB Mack Brown to a one-year, $630,000 contract.

Brown was claimed off waivers from the Redskins in October. A 2015 UDFA, Brown has 18 career touches.
0 x

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Veteran
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
x 28

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Rhodes Closed » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Glad to see they resigned Harris. Solid backup and a great guy.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8641
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
x 28

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:43 am

Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

I havent a clue who Mark Brown is but that seems like a #### of money for 18 carries. More then I will ever see in my life.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7071
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 261

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:55 am

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

I havent a clue who Mark Brown is but that seems like a #### of money for 18 carries. More then I will ever see in my life.
Brown was the leagues leading rusher in the preseason of 2016. He also showed flashes in his first legit game for Washington in week 16 vs the bears in 2016 taking 8 carries for 82 yards and a TD. Could be our 3rd string RB
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 210

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by S197 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:20 pm

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

I havent a clue who Mark Brown is but that seems like a #### of money for 18 carries. More then I will ever see in my life.
No other team could sign Harris.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7071
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 261

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:24 pm

S197 wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:Harris is a really good sign imo. He is a decent safety, and a good backup. The way Sendejo makes some of those weird tackles and gets hurt. I bet we see Harris quite a bit this year. Im really surprised a team didnt sign him for their starting safety, but I admit, I dont know a lot about the safety position, except Harrison is the best safety in the world. Ever.

I havent a clue who Mark Brown is but that seems like a #### of money for 18 carries. More then I will ever see in my life.
No other team could sign Harris.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah he was an RFA
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 19149
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
x 113

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:07 pm

My buddy owns a house in AZ and rents it occasionally to Jarius Wright and Anthony Harris. Harris is a nice guy and likes playing here.
Who is Smiths backup? Can Harris back up both positions?


Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7071
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 261

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:My buddy owns a house in AZ and rents it occasionally to Jarius Wright and Anthony Harris. Harris is a nice guy and likes playing here.
Who is Smiths backup? Can Harris back up both positions?


Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yes he’s filled in for both before. Kearse is the other backup who I’ve always liked as well. That’s pretty sweet your buddy does that!
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 19149
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
x 113

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:My buddy owns a house in AZ and rents it occasionally to Jarius Wright and Anthony Harris. Harris is a nice guy and likes playing here.
Who is Smiths backup? Can Harris back up both positions?


Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yes he’s filled in for both before. Kearse is the other backup who I’ve always liked as well. That’s pretty sweet your buddy does that!
He's also had Sherels there before I think. If Barr ever goes there I'm pushing old ladies out of the way to get there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11824
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 210

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by S197 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:17 pm

I'm a litttle surprised S. Floyd hasn't been released yet. Doesn't the dead cap number go up after the league season starts?
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7071
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 261

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:22 am

S197 wrote:I'm a litttle surprised S. Floyd hasn't been released yet. Doesn't the dead cap number go up after the league season starts?
Yeah supposedly there is some kind of grievance hold up
0 x

Dmizzle0
Franchise Player
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm
x 12

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Dmizzle0 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:48 am

For the off-season Id like to see the Vikings work on solidifying our defense.I thought "Our next man up" game on Defense was kinda weak and we saw it against the Eagles because nobody really stepped up we our secondary got banged up.


As for the QB situation, Ill admit I'm on the skeptical side of adding Cousin's. I think he'll do a decent job with us I'm just not sure if he can take us all the way.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7071
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 261

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Dmizzle0 wrote:For the off-season Id like to see the Vikings work on solidifying our defense.I thought "Our next man up" game on Defense was kinda weak and we saw it against the Eagles because nobody really stepped up we our secondary got banged up.


As for the QB situation, Ill admit I'm on the skeptical side of adding Cousin's. I think he'll do a decent job with us I'm just not sure if he can take us all the way.
It’s not necessarily if Cousins “will” or “won’t” take us all the way. It’s who is the best option out there to do it. And no doubt the best option at QB is cousins IMO. Case is second for sure. Bradford would be up there if he could stay healthy. Teddy I just don’t see it. The 3 QBs we have hold big risks. With case being the one with the least amount of risk. I don’t see a big risk in Cousins given the consistency of his play and the consistency of his health. Not only do I believe he is the best QB of all 4 but he’s also the only one that doesn’t come with injury concerns or performance concerns. And if he had any, they would be minuscule compared to the other 3
0 x