PHP's "Run to the SB" Mock

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: PHP's "Run to the SB" Mock

Post by Dmizzle0 »

So you want Cousins and keep Sloter as the backup?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Dmizzle0 wrote:So you want Cousins and keep Sloter as the backup?
No....I have is drafting Falk in the 4th
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Husker Vike wrote:Thank's for taking the time to put this together PHP! My draft crush would be Quenton Nelson,OG Notre Dame,I know we have no chance to get him unless we trade up, but watch his tape and you will see maybe the best O line prospect in years.
Yeah Nelson is a stud but we would have to give up the farm to get him because he’s going top 10 and we pick at 30
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:If Cousins is smart, he takes less and tells the FO to spend the savings on building a stout o-line. It baffles me that hardly anyone other than Brady has figured this out. I can understand wanting to get paid after your rookie contract but some of these guys just keep going back to the trough. Stafford is a perfect example, he already made $100M BEFORE he took his $50M pay day last year. It's like, hey dumb dumb maybe stop bleeding your team dry and you'll make it to the playoffs before you retire.
This couldn’t be more true. When you drive a mini van around after you’ve made millions in two years it goes to show it’s not about the money for him. Trust me, Cousins is different than many others in this league. He wants to win. It’s not like he’s gonna get paid $2 mill a year. No matter who gets him, he going to get paid. So why not get paid $25 mill a year AND be an immediate contender for a SB. What would you do? I know that if had that much money saved up, I would take the best of both worlds and get paid along with being an immediate contender. And not wait for my front office to build a good enough team to help bring me there. And I’m not just saying this because I’m a vikings fan. It’s a no brainer
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I’m actually going to redo this mock soon. Mainly because we just received 2 compensatory picks and it’s going to change some things up. I’ll let you guys know when I get it revamped
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I always enjoy your mock. Really gets me thinking.
Lots to ponder here
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

The mock is now updated because of the compensatory picks. Given that we got those two picks, I opted to NOT trade Treadwell and hold onto him for another year. In turn, I dont have us signing Torrey Smith anymore. We also gained an extra pick in the 7th with a trade with Seattle. Hope you guys enjoy
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Thanks PHP. Always look forward to this yearly thread.

Any sleeper TE's this year? Wouldn't mind the Vikings pick one up in the higher rounds if there is.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Crazy that the LB is missing his entire hand and can be that successful.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

S197 wrote:Crazy that the LB is missing his entire hand and can be that successful.

I wonder what his stats are on holding penalties? Seriously. He would have to get good at just hitting and wrapping up!
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:Crazy that the LB is missing his entire hand and can be that successful.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6PfGB6eA

Kid is a stud. He’s deadly when blitzing. But he’d be a steal IMO in the 6th. At WORST he’s a stud special team IMO
-Chazz Palminteri
PhillyVike
Practice Squad

Post by PhillyVike »

I look forward to this post, thanks PHP. I was really hoping for one of your choices last year, Ricky Wagner. There are always a lot of "I didn't think about that!" moments when I read these.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PhillyVike wrote:I look forward to this post, thanks PHP. I was really hoping for one of your choices last year, Ricky Wagner. There are always a lot of "I didn't think about that!" moments when I read these.
haha well I appreciate it. Thanks man!
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... s-trade-up

Well Reuter just posted this mock. He has us landing Bryan in the 2nd round like I did. But somehow has Billy Price falling all the way to the Jets in the 2nd round and has us taking a CB in the 1st which makes no sense to me. If he had us take Price like he should have our first two rounds would have been practically identical. I dont see any possible way we pass on Price if he's there at 30. Makes too much sense with Elflein already there and us needing a guard.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6PfGB6eA

Kid is a stud. He’s deadly when blitzing. But he’d be a steal IMO in the 6th. At WORST he’s a stud special team IMO
I can see him being the "feel good" story on day 3 of the draft. There's always one guy and it seems like his journey is as good as anyone's.