Help with SBL purchase

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

brigian
Waterboy

Help with SBL purchase

Post by brigian »

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, Cool site. I'm looking to purchase an SBL but haven't been to USBS yet. I may only make it to 2-3 games a year just looking for some input on seat locations. I'm pretty sure I want upper sideline, center 5 sections, any pros or cons to which side ? Are rows 10-15 a good view ? Is there a big difference in the loge rows A- E ? Worth the extra money ?

Thanks in advance.
PhillyVike
Practice Squad

Re: Help with SBL purchase

Post by PhillyVike »

Hi Brigian,
I traveled to the bank for a Vikings game in 2015 and used a couple of tools to pick my seats.

https://cloud.panono.com/u/Vikings/all/overview - Nice zoom-able panoramic shots

https://seatgeek.com/venues/u-s-bank-st ... hart/views - Views of sections from the perspective of people who were there for a game/event

I haven't been to more than one US Bank event so I can't offer an informed opinion on the specific sections you mentioned but I thought the Home side was a more desirable experience. They put more investments into that side of the building. Low level sections being F5, F4, F3 and F2 for reference.

Either way, you're going to have an awesome experience. Both the venue and the event are going to be world class.

Enjoy!!
brigian
Waterboy

Post by brigian »

Thanks for the reply, I've seen those. Just wondering if there was any input that pictures don't show. Any tips that would help choosing the right section /row .
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

I’m a season ticket holder. I would suggest you go to a game before you buy. Go early and scout out seats. It’s going to be a balance of how much you want to spend vs what you want to see.

I bought late but still got great seats. Bar and bathroom are close and I’m right inside the big glass doors so I can make a reasonably quick escape.

When I inquired about possible purchase, they sent me a picture looking at the field from the actual seat.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
brigian
Waterboy

Post by brigian »

Thanks for the advise. I'm not from the area and won't make it any time soon for a tour. I guess I'm asking if my budget is upper sidelines, what would be considered too high ? nosebleeds ? Are the loge rows worth the extra money ? I suppose I need people with similar seats to answer. Thanks
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The cheap seats sell the fastest and easiest so you should be able to unload them easier than other spots. The stadium has a few quirky areas with blind spots but if you're in the center, nothing to really worry about. If price is equal, try to get an aisle seat.
brigian
Waterboy

Post by brigian »

Huh , personally I like sitting in the middle of the row so people aren't climbing and spilling over you all game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's not quite as bad in an indoor stadium but it sucks being in the middle and having to climb over people who are all bundled up. Much easier to just be able to get up whenever you please. IMO of course.
brigian
Waterboy

Post by brigian »

Ok thanks. so question : Would you rather sit in sec 338 row 5 ( for example ) or 341 row 16 ? Lower row or closer to center ?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I've never been that high up so take it with a grain of salt but I'd rather be more center.