2018 Vikings Free Agents

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agents

Post by S197 »

The problem with Teddy is how can anyone really know if he's 100%? I mean, he almost had his leg amputated from a non-contact injury. I just don't see anyone paying him a great deal of money, there's just too much risk he's another Greg Childs. Best case scenario, Vikings sign Brees/Cousins and are able to get Teddy back as a cheap backup. Anyone paying him starter money is crazy.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:The problem with Teddy is how can anyone really know if he's 100%? I mean, he almost had his leg amputated from a non-contact injury. I just don't see anyone paying him a great deal of money, there's just too much risk he's another Greg Childs. Best case scenario, Vikings sign Brees/Cousins and are able to get Teddy back as a cheap backup. Anyone paying him starter money is crazy.
I agree. My fear is the Vikings will owe out jn Case, Sam, and Kirk and have to roll with teddy.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:The problem with Teddy is how can anyone really know if he's 100%? I mean, he almost had his leg amputated from a non-contact injury. I just don't see anyone paying him a great deal of money, there's just too much risk he's another Greg Childs. Best case scenario, Vikings sign Brees/Cousins and are able to get Teddy back as a cheap backup. Anyone paying him starter money is crazy.
I would think if there's anyone that knows where Bridgewater is, it'd be the coaching staff. If they feel good about Teddy, sign him for cheap, then they'll have room to sign Sheldon Richardson and some OG help.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Brees is out of the equation. I think we should keep Teddy regardless because we have the preseason to see what he has. But no way should we rely on him being our starter
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Pipe dream but if we could both sign Teddy and Sam Bradford with their combined cap space taking 20 million or under we would be in great shape. Not sure what to think about Case Keenum, but I don't want us franchising him for 23 million. I wouldn't mind Case and Teddy next season. Honestly, as long as we keep Teddy around cheaply - I don't care if we sign Case or Sam (or neither).

I would love Kirk Cousins here, but is he really worth more than 25 million in cap space? If we could get him without hindering our depth and core - then we need to do it.

I doubt Brees leaves NO. Not sure I would him here either.

Other than that, I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting a QB in round one (it won't happen, so don't send hate my way haha). We need to draft one at some point regardless.

We blew our chance this year. Our team can make the postseason again next year, but this felt like the year. This offseason is one of the most important in the team's history.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

You aren't sure you would want Drew Brees here? Well, I'm sure one of the top 5 passers to ever live would be elated to know that several fans were skeptical of him coming to Minnesota. Are you kidding me? The fact of the matter is he isn't coming here and we have a major, not minor, quarterback situation. And I've said all along Teddy Bridgewater is not the answer, but that is who we will go with for financial reasons.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mosscarter wrote:You aren't sure you would want Drew Brees here? Well, I'm sure one of the top 5 passers to ever live would be elated to know that several fans were skeptical of him coming to Minnesota. Are you kidding me? The fact of the matter is he isn't coming here and we have a major, not minor, quarterback situation. And I've said all along Teddy Bridgewater is not the answer, but that is who we will go with for financial reasons.
Nobody is really saying they "dont want Drew Brees". Bottom line is, he isnt leaving New Orleans. I can just about guarantee that. And "financial reasons" should not be the case given we have over $50 million in cap space. Spielman has came out and said it many times that they plan ahead, not just for this year. I highly, highly doubt they settle with just Teddy. If they pass on Cousins and Case (and even Bradford) and kept Teddy, they are definitely drafting someone. But given that we pick 30th, I dont see that situation happening. Spielman and Zim have done an excellent job the past couple years. I trust they will make the right decision here.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri