Time to move on from Waynes

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by YikesVikes » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:35 am

Slick Rick wrote:He's only 25 years old and he's actually improved over the years from being an absolute liability in coverage to being pretty solid this year. He hasn't been great and he has been beaten his fair share of times, he's not as good as Rhodes, but Rhodes wasn't as good as he is today for quite some time and he really didn't become the force that it he now until last year when he was 26. I think we have to give him at least another year because of how high his ceiling is and make a decision then. CB is a tough position to play, and probably explains why the Vikings have for the longest time until the Zimmer era struggled with having good CBs.
This actually isn't true. Rhodes had a poor 2016 but a fantastic 2015. I think that was his breakout season because he was dominant but unknown that season. 2016 or 17 was not the best we saw this young man play. He got a lot of fame for the OBD game but in 2015, the gambit of WRs he dismantled was way better.
0 x

YikesVikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by YikesVikes » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:37 am

tzinc wrote:The fact that he improved and played great all season is meaningless to you?
No. I hope that he takes another leap next season. I'm not willing to risk our championship window on the fact that he does.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5700
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:54 am

YikesVikes wrote:
tzinc wrote:The fact that he improved and played great all season is meaningless to you?
No. I hope that he takes another leap next season. I'm not willing to risk our championship window on the fact that he does.
Well you clearly didn’t watch the Vikings this season. Because Waynes made a huge jump and played better than Rhodes by seasons end. There’s no debating that. Nor will they move on from him. It’s a move that makes zero sense. Period
0 x
Image

fasteddy
Waterboy
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by fasteddy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:43 pm

He got destroyed in the playoffs as did that trash Terrance Newman .
0 x

YikesVikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by YikesVikes » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
tzinc wrote:The fact that he improved and played great all season is meaningless to you?
No. I hope that he takes another leap next season. I'm not willing to risk our championship window on the fact that he does.
Well you clearly didn’t watch the Vikings this season. Because Waynes made a huge jump and played better than Rhodes by seasons end. There’s no debating that. Nor will they move on from him. It’s a move that makes zero sense. Period
He didn't but we will do this dance all day. Rhodes didn't play great. He lost his cool against Thomas but remind me, who did Ginn go 8 of 11 on in the playoff game?
0 x

kidfozzy.
Practice Squad
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by kidfozzy. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:07 pm

fasteddy wrote:He got destroyed in the playoffs as did that trash Terrance Newman .
The entire defense was trash, even Harry Hitman made terrible early cuts during Nick Foles’ bombs. No excuse there.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5700
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:49 pm

YikesVikes wrote:
He didn't but we will do this dance all day. Rhodes didn't play great. He lost his cool against Thomas but remind me, who did Ginn go 8 of 11 on in the playoff game?
https://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/t ... ae-waynes/

Try reading this and actually seeing the break down of everything instead of nitpicking stats. Nobody will go all day with you on this topic. Look at how the board has reacted since you posted this. Pretty much nobody agrees with you. Nor are the Vikings stupid enough to move on from Trae Waynes. It might be time for you to move on from this thread.
0 x
Image

fasteddy
Waterboy
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by fasteddy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Now the Eagles are trading for Michael Bennett ,the Vikes should have been on that or another good end .
0 x

YikesVikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by YikesVikes » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
He didn't but we will do this dance all day. Rhodes didn't play great. He lost his cool against Thomas but remind me, who did Ginn go 8 of 11 on in the playoff game?
https://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/t ... ae-waynes/

Try reading this and actually seeing the break down of everything instead of nitpicking stats. Nobody will go all day with you on this topic. Look at how the board has reacted since you posted this. Pretty much nobody agrees with you. Nor are the Vikings stupid enough to move on from Trae Waynes. It might be time for you to move on from this thread.
"As a result of this recent improvement in play, his cumulative yards per snap on the season is creeping closer to the league-average of 1.08. Currently, his season average is 1.5 yards, but since Week 8 he’s averaged 1.18 yards given up per snap in coverage."

Holy reading comprehension Batman. No one has to agree with me to make me correct. The two are not dependent on each other. I know I'm right despite you attempt to show that he is turning into an average CB.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5700
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:30 am

YikesVikes wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
He didn't but we will do this dance all day. Rhodes didn't play great. He lost his cool against Thomas but remind me, who did Ginn go 8 of 11 on in the playoff game?
https://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/t ... ae-waynes/

Try reading this and actually seeing the break down of everything instead of nitpicking stats. Nobody will go all day with you on this topic. Look at how the board has reacted since you posted this. Pretty much nobody agrees with you. Nor are the Vikings stupid enough to move on from Trae Waynes. It might be time for you to move on from this thread.
"As a result of this recent improvement in play, his cumulative yards per snap on the season is creeping closer to the league-average of 1.08. Currently, his season average is 1.5 yards, but since Week 8 he’s averaged 1.18 yards given up per snap in coverage."

Holy reading comprehension Batman. No one has to agree with me to make me correct. The two are not dependent on each other. I know I'm right despite you attempt to show that he is turning into an average CB.
Lol you aren’t right. Yeah he’s an average CB right now that’s an elite run defender. But according to you we should “move on from him”. Good business decision Rick? He’s not a shut down but he’s not bad by any means and is elite vs the run. He’s gotten better every year. But yeah let’s get rid of a guy right when he starts to get better. Trust me, when nobody agrees with you, you are not correct. As much as you think you are. Moving on from him wont happen. It’s not gonna happen. So you talking about it is pointless. Period. You’re arguing something that won’t happen and nobody agrees with you on. So what are you trying to prove? Throw the towel in and move on
0 x
Image

YikesVikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by YikesVikes » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:58 am

Lol. Improving from being horrible and a walking completion in 2016 to being below average isn't something you clap on. His replacement needs to be addressed and groomed. As for discussing it, I thought this was a discussion board. There are a lot of things the Vikes should do and don't. Us fans can see it but they for what ever reasons cannot act on it ( financial, long term goals, relationship, team moral etc). As for being the lone voice of reason, it happens. I know the game, I've played the game and I can tell you that Wayne's will be serviceable at best. He simply isn't good and he should be replaced in the starting line up. Not saying he will be but he should be. I'll see you next season when you're eatting crow. I'll bookbookmark this to get a.... you were right but I doubt you're classy enough to admit being wrong.
0 x

YikesVikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by YikesVikes » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 am

I remember the Ponder and Khalil apologists. "He's improving, look at stat X, it shows growth"

Lol
0 x

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Starter
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by Rhodes Closed » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:05 am

Because being average but great on the run is a bad thing?

Holy Toledo fellas, we gotta get rid of everybody not named Rhodes at the Cornerback position if that's the case!!!
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5700
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:59 am

YikesVikes wrote:Lol. Improving from being horrible and a walking completion in 2016 to being below average isn't something you clap on. His replacement needs to be addressed and groomed. As for discussing it, I thought this was a discussion board. There are a lot of things the Vikes should do and don't. Us fans can see it but they for what ever reasons cannot act on it ( financial, long term goals, relationship, team moral etc). As for being the lone voice of reason, it happens. I know the game, I've played the game and I can tell you that Wayne's will be serviceable at best. He simply isn't good and he should be replaced in the starting line up. Not saying he will be but he should be. I'll see you next season when you're eatting crow. I'll bookbookmark this to get a.... you were right but I doubt you're classy enough to admit being wrong.
Showing how he played towards the end of the year wasnt "below average" first of all. That is just your opinion.

Us fans see a lot of things but wouldnt you think that scouts, coaches and front office know a little more than we do?? I would think so. If you were such a good judgement of talent then maybe you chose the wrong profession in life.

Listen, I know the game, I've played the game. In high school and in college. Just because you've played the game doesnt mean you're a better judgement of talent than everyone on here disagreeing with you. It means nothing. Most fans on this board have played football in their life I would imagine. So stop acting like you're above guys commenting on this thread because "you know and have played the game". It makes you sound arrogant.

And thats what you're shooting for? That much pride in your own opinion that you cant wait for me to tell you "you're right". Well you've got high hopes pal. Because everyone else on here can see the improvement that Waynes made except you. And that improvement is going to continue. And when it does, I can tell that just by the way you're acting, you'll be absent from this board when it all happens. He was the #3 most targeted CB in the NFL and still held his own. Weird. You're drawing dead at this point man. Nothing you say is going to prove something. We all know what he did and what he showed. And we all believe he made a huge jump and will continue that. So you continuing to argue this is just you beating a dead horse. You're getting nowhere. Understand that, and let his play do the talking.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5700
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:02 am

Rhodes Closed wrote:Because being average but great on the run is a bad thing?

Holy Toledo fellas, we gotta get rid of everybody not named Rhodes at the Cornerback position if that's the case!!!
Yeah supposedly! We had the #2 pass defense in the NFL but Waynes is terrible and is a huge liability :roll: Yup makes total sense. It must be Rhodes that covers both sides of the field at the same time because I dont know how else we would've gotten that ranking. Hmmmm....
0 x
Image