A Philadelphian Apology

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: A Philadelphian Apology

Post by Rhodes Closed »

PineBarrenDave wrote:
SkolVikings69 wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:The whole problem with these apologies is with one simple question: "What is the 'majority' going to do to curb the violence and egregious behaviour of the 'minority'?"

And that answer is more than likely going to be nothing. Your team is not going to implement rules or regulations to cut off the head of the snake, and the more it grows, the worse the Philadelphian reputation becomes. The city of Philadelphia needs to do something to tell sports fans they are no longer tolerating this kind of behavior. The first step is for the "majority" of good fans, as you'd call them, to show that they too, won't tolerate this ####.
That’s it in a nutshell. At best this stuff is tolerated by the majority. At worst it’s endorsed.
That simple eh?
Certainly seems like it, since you're dodging the question. What are fans and the team going to do to prevent things like this from happening again? It's a simple question, seriously.
Last edited by Rhodes Closed on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

You idiots need to get off our board and stop looking for sympathy. We don't like you and neither does anyone else in sports. When players have to be wary of their own family member's safety in the stands there is a major problem there. Don't you clowns understand that? I seriously hope you lose and wish you the worst in general. Philadelphia is a disgrace of a city to behave like that (year after year). This isn't anything new. Maybe with some luck you can get another dumb statue of a fictional person that can operate as the root core of your sad, pathetic city.
PineBarrenDave
Practice Squad

Post by PineBarrenDave »

Certainly seems like it, since you're dodging the question. What are fans and the team going to do to prevent things like this from happening again? It's a simple question, seriously.
I am honored that you respect me enough to grant me the task of game-planning a fix to the state of the Philadelphian gameday experience. I will start with the Eagles tailgate then will move on to inner cities like Chicago, Detroit, and our very own Filthadelphia. Then I will maybe even bring my efforts overseas.

But yes there are certainly (how I see it) some easy fixes.

1. Police do not ID anyone at the tailgates. This leads to a large amounts of annoying immature idiots yelling and screaming. Police should, maybe, start, you know, IDing clear underage drinkers?

2. For a 6:30 NFC championship game, how about, say not open the parking lots at like 9 AM?

3. Via social media, newspapers, and radio the city should issue a WARNING in advance.
Violence of any kind will not be tolerated. And yes throwing a plastic cup with 1/2 a beer in it will be considered "violence".

Those are some of the simpler fixers.

But friendly and even drunken verbal abuse and "F*** Y**s!" is common at every tailgate. The beer throwing and other nonsense that happened during the NFC championship game is not.
PineBarrenDave
Practice Squad

Post by PineBarrenDave »

mosscarter wrote:You idiots need to get off our board and stop looking for sympathy. We don't like you and neither does anyone else in sports. When players have to be wary of their own family member's safety in the stands there is a major problem there. Don't you clowns understand that? I seriously hope you lose and wish you the worst in general. Philadelphia is a disgrace of a city to behave like that (year after year). This isn't anything new. Maybe with some luck you can get another dumb statue of a fictional person that can operate as the root core of your sad, pathetic city.
1. You seem like you'd fit in well with the idiot pigs in South Philly.

2. The whole Rocky thing isn't about "Rocky" it's about the story and theme of the underdog. Kinda like how the Buddha is a fictional character but him ever really existing is unimportant.

3. I never wanted symphony, I just wanted to add some perspective. Some perspective that apparently is nowhere close to wanted. I felt bad about the fan experience two Sundays ago, but sounds to me like some of you (you) just want to feel bad for yourselves. So there's that.

I'm gonna head out, good luck next season, and I expect the Vikings and that defense to be contenders again.
Last edited by PineBarrenDave on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhillyVike
Practice Squad

Post by PhillyVike »

PineBarrenDave wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:The whole problem with these apologies is with one simple question: "What is the 'majority' going to do to curb the violence and egregious behaviour of the 'minority'?"

And that answer is more than likely going to be nothing. Your team is not going to implement rules or regulations to cut off the head of the snake, and the more it grows, the worse the Philadelphian reputation becomes. The city of Philadelphia needs to do something to tell sports fans they are no longer tolerating this kind of behavior. The first step is for the "majority" of good fans, as you'd call them, to show that they too, won't tolerate this ####.
Holy smug quotations.
This is your problem, Dave. Rhodes Closed just gave you a rough plan for the team, police and decent people in/around Philly for cleaning up this city's reputation and you respond like a child.

Have you lived in any other area than the tri-state area for longer than 5 years? You might not know what it's like to live in a community that self-regulates and sets value standards for it's young and impressionable. It may not be your fault you lack perspective and can't understand what every other community already knows about this place and the people in it. It is your fault for opening your mouth and showing the internet how narrow you are.

You should probably leave and go pre-maturely celebrate your Super Bowl win like everyone else around here is and when you lose I'll be there to help you up.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

PineBarrenDave wrote:
mosscarter wrote:You idiots need to get off our board and stop looking for sympathy. We don't like you and neither does anyone else in sports. When players have to be wary of their own family member's safety in the stands there is a major problem there. Don't you clowns understand that? I seriously hope you lose and wish you the worst in general. Philadelphia is a disgrace of a city to behave like that (year after year). This isn't anything new. Maybe with some luck you can get another dumb statue of a fictional person that can operate as the root core of your sad, pathetic city.

2. The whole Rocky thing isn't about "Rocky" it's about the story and theme of the underdog. Kinda like how the Buddha is a fictional character but him ever really existing is unimportant.

3. I never wanted symphony, I just wanted to add some perspective. Some perspective that apparently is nowhere close to wanted. I felt bad about the fan experience two Sundays ago, but sounds to me like some of you (you) just want to feel bad for yourselves. So there's that.

I'm gonna head out, good luck next season, and I expect the Vikings and that defense to be contenders again.
No... Siddharta Gautama was pretty real. I mean, he did live from c. 540 to c. 400 BCE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

EDIT: Not really arguing any of your points... just sayin'.

EDIT EDIT: And don't read that as a smug reply either... I was just pointing out the... flaw in the logic... :| I'll shut up now.
PineBarrenDave
Practice Squad

Post by PineBarrenDave »

Rhodes Closed wrote:
PineBarrenDave wrote:

No... Siddharta Gautama was pretty real. I mean, he did live from c. 540 to c. 400 BCE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

EDIT: Not really arguing any of your points... just sayin'.

EDIT EDIT: And don't read that as a smug reply either... I was just pointing out the... flaw in the logic... :| I'll shut up now.
You are definitely not wrong but "the Buddha" as we know him is based on Siddhartha Guatama just as much as the movie "Captain Phillips" is based on the real Captain Phillips.

But yeah this is all really really besides the point.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

PineBarrenDave wrote:
You are definitely not wrong but "the Buddha" as we know him is based on Siddhartha Guatama just as much as the movie "Captain Phillips" is based on the real Captain Phillips.

But yeah this is all really really besides the point.
PS, thanks for giving me the chance to look up stuff on Buddhism, it's always a treat to get to know more about it. :lol:
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I was there along with four other family members, three were women that will never go to an away game again. Maybe it will take people to not attend these events to get the message out that paying customers will not put up with this crap,In my opinion,unless the NFL gets involved and penalizes teams that can't control the fan situation,nothing will change.My daughter lives in Philadelphia and was sick over how bad we were treated, we could not even get on the subway on game day because we were wearing Vikings gear, they blocked the doors and said that no F ing Vikings fans were getting on .I asked a transit cop if it was always like this and he said we were crazy to even think about getting on the train,so as long as that is the attitude of police and security ,I have no hope of anything changing .
PineBarrenDave
Practice Squad

Post by PineBarrenDave »

PhillyVike wrote:
PineBarrenDave wrote:

Holy smug quotations.
This is your problem, Dave. Rhodes Closed just gave you a rough plan for the team, police and decent people in/around Philly for cleaning up this city's reputation and you respond like a child.

Have you lived in any other area than the tri-state area for longer than 5 years? You might not know what it's like to live in a community that self-regulates and sets value standards for it's young and impressionable. It may not be your fault you lack perspective and can't understand what every other community already knows about this place and the people in it. It is your fault for opening your mouth and showing the internet how narrow you are.

You should probably leave and go pre-maturely celebrate your Super Bowl win like everyone else around here is and when you lose I'll be there to help you up.
This world where communities all across the country live sustainable and virtuous existences and then there's the tri-state jungle where it's 100% dog-eat-dog with no signs of heart or morality just doesn't exist.

And you are entitled to your opinion on me, so a narrow-minded child it is.

And PhillyVike, I say this knowing that you are probably a great dude, but you seem to have the mentality that would mimmick a 1930s racist. :?
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

PineBarrenDave wrote:
This world where communities all across the country live sustainable and virtuous existences and then there's the tri-state jungle where it's 100% dog-eat-dog with no signs of heart or morality just doesn't exist.

And you are entitled to your opinion on me, so a narrow-minded child it is.

And PhillyVike, I say this knowing that you are probably a great dude, but you seem to have the mentality that would mimmick a 1930s racist. :?
Now why would you bring my favorite author into this? :(
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

This has run its course