Karma's a ####

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Karma's a ####

Post by S197 »

Minnesota Vikings fans won’t let their Philadelphia Eagles counterparts pass through town unscathed.

Eagles fans are expected to descend on Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minn., next weekend ahead of Super Bowl LII, which will take place Feb. 4 at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis between the Eagles and New England Patriots.

Some Vikings supporters are organizing a mass revenge mission against Eagles fans for Super Bowl weekend, with the plots representing payback for the rude welcome they received last Sunday in the City of Brotherly Love before, during and after the NFC Championship Game.

One plan involves Vikings fans signing up as Uber drivers and dropping off Eagles fans at the wrong locations.
https://nesn.com/2018/01/vikings-fans-p ... l-weekend/

Don't wear your "colors" Philly fans.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Karma's a ####

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I honestly think the Vikings fans shouldn't stoop to that level. They should do the opposite and show them and the rest of the NFL that we are a classy fan base.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Dmizzle0 wrote:I honestly think the Vikings fans shouldn't stoop to that level. They should do the opposite and show them and the rest of the NFL that we are a classy fan base.
I agree on the throwing stuff part, that's not acceptable. I just thought the Uber idea was pretty funny, you have to admit that's pretty clever.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

S197 wrote:
Dmizzle0 wrote:I honestly think the Vikings fans shouldn't stoop to that level. They should do the opposite and show them and the rest of the NFL that we are a classy fan base.
I agree on the throwing stuff part, that's not acceptable. I just thought the Uber idea was pretty funny, you have to admit that's pretty clever.
Uber probably won't think it is so funny when they get sued. :wink:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Purple Reign wrote:
S197 wrote:
And the damages the people would be seeking in said lawsuit? lol
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Anyone here go to the game in Philly?

What were your experiences?

Edit to add: I had seen the headline on ESPN about Philly fans making donations to say sorry about some of their fans' behavior. In one of the links up thread it specified the amount, which obviously isn't clear in a headline. The total was $7K. :lol: I guess they weren't THAT sorry.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Texas Vike wrote:Anyone here go to the game in Philly?

Edit to add: I had seen the headline on ESPN about Philly fans making donations to say sorry about some of their fans' behavior. In one of the links up thread it specified the amount, which obviously isn't clear in a headline. The total was $7K. [emoji38] I guess they weren't THAT sorry.
I saw that too. We donate $250k to the Saint's punter for pushing through his pain, etc, and Philly donated only $7k after torturing fans there.
What pisses me off even more is the Eagles have said nothing about it (to my knowledge). I would hope if that happened here (which thankfully it never will) that the Vikings would publicly say something about it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I didn't mean to sound like a dud. Im totally okay with Vikings fans trolling the Eagles fans, just not causing cause any immediate harm.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

Texas Vike wrote:Anyone here go to the game in Philly?

I was at the game, and Eagles' fans were about 80-90% boorish. It was definitely the majority. Not just a few making the rest of them look bad as Eagles fans seem to say. I was in a suite with a group of 20 Vikings fans from around the country, and the vast majority of the section in front of us (perhaps 1,000 fans) seemed to spend more time turning to face us and make obscene/rude gestures and comments than they did watching the actual game. It was the section in front of us that started doing the mocking Skol chant that soon the entire stadium was doing, replacing Skol with "Foles." Not bad, but it started early in the game in mocking derision of us in the suite. That was the tamest thing they did, so if it was just that, I would have chalked it up to a half-clever mocking of our Skol chant. It was the abusive language and gestures that really revealed the lack of class of these fans. I understand getting excited about your team, but cheer for your team, don't spend all your time mocking opposing fans around you. I am also a Vikings season ticket holder, and we regularly have opposing fans around us. To the extent I have engaged with them at all, it has always been friendly banter and offering to buy them beers. At the Eagles game, there were three Eagles fans right in front of us who kept turning to apologize for the other a$$holes in the section. We handed them down beers. Other than a few interactions, it was really a truly miserable experience from a classless bunch.

In the two days before the game, I spent some time walking around the city and going out with my brother, who was wearing purple. Just walking on the sidewalk wearing purple resulted in many drive-by and passer-by insults, including "Get the F*#$ out of our city, you f$*#ing Vikings a$$holes!" and "What the f*$k are you doing here? Get the f*#k out of here!" and multiple variations of that. Even the fans who were polite were saying things like, "You're really brave to be here," and "You really need to be careful to not get hurt," etc. It was an ugly experience.

Before I went out to the game, I had assumed if we lost I would cheer for Philly to beat New England. I know I am just sinking to their level, but now I think I will just cheer for both teams to come away so decimated with injuries that they will be unable to compete next year. Those fans don't deserve good things to happen to them.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Wow.

Thanks for that write up, ChicagoViking. Thing only thing that makes me even KIND of want to watch the SB is the fact that it is being held in my home city. I couldn't care less about the two teams playing.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Texas Vike, I was there with four family members, It was the worst sports experience I have had in my 55 years on this earth. My wife ,daughter and daughter in law never want to go to an away game ever again. My son and I were told that we probably provoked some of our problems by wearing our jerseys to the game, by a cop of all people, just sad.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Cliff wrote:
Purple Reign wrote:
S197 wrote:I agree on the throwing stuff part, that's not acceptable. I just thought the Uber idea was pretty funny, you have to admit that's pretty clever.
And the damages the people would be seeking in said lawsuit? lol
Emotional distress / breech of contract? People sue over a lot less things. I'm pretty sure Uber wouldn't want the negative publicity.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

@ Husker: Sorry to hear that. I've lived in countries where you can't trust the police. Sounds like Philly is no better off. How ironic that it is the "city of brotherly love" and home of the Liberty Bell.

RE: Uber revenge.

When we flew in for the Saints game we took an Uber from the airport. The driver was a huge Vikings fan and made us show our Vikings gear (underneath winter jackets) before he'd give us a ride! I can only imagine where he'd leave Eagles fans. :v):
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Purple Reign wrote:
Emotional distress / breech of contract? People sue over a lot less things. I'm pretty sure Uber wouldn't want the negative publicity.
I'm sure Uber doesn't want the negative publicity but that won't necessarily stop it's employees from acting out. If they miss the game I suppose they could sue for the price of the tickets but sometimes people get lost, it's not illegal ;)