View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Karma's a #### 
Fenrir

Post Karma's a ####
Quote:
Minnesota Vikings fans won’t let their Philadelphia Eagles counterparts pass through town unscathed.

Eagles fans are expected to descend on Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minn., next weekend ahead of Super Bowl LII, which will take place Feb. 4 at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis between the Eagles and New England Patriots.

Some Vikings supporters are organizing a mass revenge mission against Eagles fans for Super Bowl weekend, with the plots representing payback for the rude welcome they received last Sunday in the City of Brotherly Love before, during and after the NFC Championship Game.

One plan involves Vikings fans signing up as Uber drivers and dropping off Eagles fans at the wrong locations.

https://nesn.com/2018/01/vikings-fans-plot-revenge-on-eagles-fans-during-super-bowl-weekend/

Don't wear your "colors" Philly fans.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 pm
Transition Player

Post Re: Karma's a ####
I honestly think the Vikings fans shouldn't stoop to that level. They should do the opposite and show them and the rest of the NFL that we are a classy fan base.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:36 pm
Fenrir

Dmizzle0 wrote:
I honestly think the Vikings fans shouldn't stoop to that level. They should do the opposite and show them and the rest of the NFL that we are a classy fan base.

I agree on the throwing stuff part, that's not acceptable. I just thought the Uber idea was pretty funny, you have to admit that's pretty clever.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 pm
All Pro Elite Player

S197 wrote:
Dmizzle0 wrote:

I agree on the throwing stuff part, that's not acceptable. I just thought the Uber idea was pretty funny, you have to admit that's pretty clever.

Uber probably won't think it is so funny when they get sued. :wink:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:41 pm
Fenrir

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/viki ... -fans/amp/

And this

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lelflein/sta ... 31457?s=09

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 am
Site Admin

Purple Reign wrote:
S197 wrote:
Dmizzle0 wrote:

And the damages the people would be seeking in said lawsuit? lol

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:12 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Anyone here go to the game in Philly?

What were your experiences?

Edit to add: I had seen the headline on ESPN about Philly fans making donations to say sorry about some of their fans' behavior. In one of the links up thread it specified the amount, which obviously isn't clear in a headline. The total was $7K. :lol: I guess they weren't THAT sorry.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Texas Vike wrote:

Edit to add: I had seen the headline on ESPN about Philly fans making donations to say sorry about some of their fans' behavior. In one of the links up thread it specified the amount, which obviously isn't clear in a headline. The total was $7K. [emoji38] I guess they weren't THAT sorry.
I saw that too. We donate $250k to the Saint's punter for pushing through his pain, etc, and Philly donated only $7k after torturing fans there.
What pisses me off even more is the Eagles have said nothing about it (to my knowledge). I would hope if that happened here (which thankfully it never will) that the Vikings would publicly say something about it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
Transition Player

I didn't mean to sound like a dud. Im totally okay with Vikings fans trolling the Eagles fans, just not causing cause any immediate harm.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:37 am
Veteran

Texas Vike wrote:

I was at the game, and Eagles' fans were about 80-90% boorish. It was definitely the majority. Not just a few making the rest of them look bad as Eagles fans seem to say. I was in a suite with a group of 20 Vikings fans from around the country, and the vast majority of the section in front of us (perhaps 1,000 fans) seemed to spend more time turning to face us and make obscene/rude gestures and comments than they did watching the actual game. It was the section in front of us that started doing the mocking Skol chant that soon the entire stadium was doing, replacing Skol with "Foles." Not bad, but it started early in the game in mocking derision of us in the suite. That was the tamest thing they did, so if it was just that, I would have chalked it up to a half-clever mocking of our Skol chant. It was the abusive language and gestures that really revealed the lack of class of these fans. I understand getting excited about your team, but cheer for your team, don't spend all your time mocking opposing fans around you. I am also a Vikings season ticket holder, and we regularly have opposing fans around us. To the extent I have engaged with them at all, it has always been friendly banter and offering to buy them beers. At the Eagles game, there were three Eagles fans right in front of us who kept turning to apologize for the other a$$holes in the section. We handed them down beers. Other than a few interactions, it was really a truly miserable experience from a classless bunch.

In the two days before the game, I spent some time walking around the city and going out with my brother, who was wearing purple. Just walking on the sidewalk wearing purple resulted in many drive-by and passer-by insults, including "Get the F*#$ out of our city, you f$*#ing Vikings a$$holes!" and "What the f*$k are you doing here? Get the f*#k out of here!" and multiple variations of that. Even the fans who were polite were saying things like, "You're really brave to be here," and "You really need to be careful to not get hurt," etc. It was an ugly experience.

Before I went out to the game, I had assumed if we lost I would cheer for Philly to beat New England. I know I am just sinking to their level, but now I think I will just cheer for both teams to come away so decimated with injuries that they will be unable to compete next year. Those fans don't deserve good things to happen to them.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:01 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Wow.

Thanks for that write up, ChicagoViking. Thing only thing that makes me even KIND of want to watch the SB is the fact that it is being held in my home city. I couldn't care less about the two teams playing.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:19 pm
Veteran

Texas Vike, I was there with four family members, It was the worst sports experience I have had in my 55 years on this earth. My wife ,daughter and daughter in law never want to go to an away game ever again. My son and I were told that we probably provoked some of our problems by wearing our jerseys to the game, by a cop of all people, just sad.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:36 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Cliff wrote:
Purple Reign wrote:
S197 wrote:

And the damages the people would be seeking in said lawsuit? lol

Emotional distress / breech of contract? People sue over a lot less things. I'm pretty sure Uber wouldn't want the negative publicity.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:18 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

@ Husker: Sorry to hear that. I've lived in countries where you can't trust the police. Sounds like Philly is no better off. How ironic that it is the "city of brotherly love" and home of the Liberty Bell.

RE: Uber revenge.

When we flew in for the Saints game we took an Uber from the airport. The driver was a huge Vikings fan and made us show our Vikings gear (underneath winter jackets) before he'd give us a ride! I can only imagine where he'd leave Eagles fans. :v):

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 am
Site Admin

Purple Reign wrote:

Emotional distress / breech of contract? People sue over a lot less things. I'm pretty sure Uber wouldn't want the negative publicity.

I'm sure Uber doesn't want the negative publicity but that won't necessarily stop it's employees from acting out. If they miss the game I suppose they could sue for the price of the tickets but sometimes people get lost, it's not illegal ;)

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:29 am
Practice Squad

I want to apologize for the behavior of some of my friends fans. But I warned you guys in SEVERAL threads "Do not wear your colors." Some of you were like" You just don't don't want us there.". What I said was only out of concern for what ultimately happened.

Also, singing the SKOL chant on one of our most iconic landmarks and then dressing Rocky up in purple definitely did NOT endear you guys to the fanbase. That's still I'm saying.

Good luck to you guys next season. I definitely understand why you guys will be Patriot fans come next week.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:44 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

EagleRob wrote:
I want to apologize for the behavior of some of my friends fans. But I warned you guys in SEVERAL threads "Do not wear your colors." Some of you were like" You just don't don't want us there.". What I said was only out of concern for what ultimately happened.

Also, singing the SKOL chant on one of our most iconic landmarks and then dressing Rocky up in purple definitely did NOT endear you guys to the fanbase. That's still I'm saying.

Good luck to you guys next season. I definitely understand why you guys will be Patriot fans come next week.

Well I have to say, the infatuation with the "Rocky" Statue says all I need to know about a lot of Eagle fans. A fictional character in a movie. Okay than. That would be like people from MN being upset that you put Eagles colors on a statue of Paul Bunyan. I could understand it if Rocky had been a player for the Eagles. But wow. "The city of Brotherly love" is absolutely an oxymoron for Philadelphia.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:20 pm
Transition Player

EagleRob wrote:

People should be free to wear their team colors without worrying about their safety.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:20 pm
Practice Squad

Raptorman wrote:
EagleRob wrote:

Well I have to say, the infatuation with the "Rocky" Statue says all I need to know about a lot of Eagle fans. A fictional character in a movie. Okay than. That would be like people from MN being upset that you put Eagles colors on a statue of Paul Bunyan. I could understand it if Rocky had been a player for the Eagles. But wow. "The city of Brotherly love" is absolutely an oxymoron for Philadelphia.

Have you seen the movies... especially the first couple?

You don't have to be from Philly to understand and relate the point the movie makes. Regular folks can step up and exceed their normal boundaries

Our SB win... want it not look Rocky (we lost to the Patriots first time) Rocky II (we beat them in the rematch). So yes Rocky is fictional... but the sentiment behind the character isn't.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:04 pm
Practice Squad

Dmizzle0 wrote:
EagleRob wrote:

People should be free to wear their team colors without worrying about their safety.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. But there's a small segment of our fanbase that unfortunately are idiots. They exist in ALL fanbases, but it's become synonymous with ours...but it's an easier cliche. Hence why they bring up Santa Clause and batteries that happened almost 50 years ago and her was drunk.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm
Site Admin

EagleRob wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree with you. But there's a small segment of our fanbase that unfortunately are idiots.
Quote:
They exist in ALL fanbases
, but it's become synonymous with ours...but it's an easier cliche. Hence why they bring up Santa Clause and batteries that happened almost 50 years ago and her was drunk.

Idiots exist everywhere, sure ... but the Philly fan base is the worst. Not downing you personally as you seem like a good guy but this isn't just something happening in the media nor is it the first time I've personally heard (not through a media outlet) of Philly fans treating other fans poorly. There have been fans on this board in seasons past who were hassled in similar ways going to a game - just a regular season games, mind you. They have a reputation because it's been earned over time, not because they're being picked on by the media out of ease.

If you do a google search for "worst fans" the Eagles show up in every front page search result aside from one. Google Search Here.

Here are some of them.

Eagles fans are the absolute worst, and here are 9 times they proved it

Cities with the Worst Sports Fans (voted for by at least 2000 people)
Quote:
#1 Philadelphia

Eagles, Phillies top GQ list of 'Worst Fans in America'

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:20 am
Backup

EagleRob wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
EagleRob wrote:

Have you seen the movies... especially the first couple?

You don't have to be from Philly to understand and relate the point the movie makes. Regular folks can step up and exceed their normal boundaries

Our SB win... want it not look Rocky (we lost to the Patriots first time) Rocky II (we beat them in the rematch). So yes Rocky is fictional... but the sentiment behind the character isn't.

I've seen all the movies, and aside from IV being so ridiculous it's easily my favorite, I get your sentiment. Here's the thing. It's still a statue of a fictional character that's probably endeared far too much than it should. It's ridiculous how much you guys treat the Rocky films like the #### Bible/Quran/etc. just because it takes place in Philly. Even the most diehard Minnesota fan (myself), would never treat the message behind Paul Bunyan ("it sometimes takes big men to do big things") as so literally as you guys do Rocky's. It's a feelgood story, get over it, move on. A statue of a fictional character shouldn't define your city.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]