Karma's a ####

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

EagleRob
Practice Squad

Re: Karma's a ####

Post by EagleRob »

I want to apologize for the behavior of some of my friends fans. But I warned you guys in SEVERAL threads "Do not wear your colors." Some of you were like" You just don't don't want us there.". What I said was only out of concern for what ultimately happened.

Also, singing the SKOL chant on one of our most iconic landmarks and then dressing Rocky up in purple definitely did NOT endear you guys to the fanbase. That's still I'm saying.

Good luck to you guys next season. I definitely understand why you guys will be Patriot fans come next week.
When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

EagleRob wrote:I want to apologize for the behavior of some of my friends fans. But I warned you guys in SEVERAL threads "Do not wear your colors." Some of you were like" You just don't don't want us there.". What I said was only out of concern for what ultimately happened.

Also, singing the SKOL chant on one of our most iconic landmarks and then dressing Rocky up in purple definitely did NOT endear you guys to the fanbase. That's still I'm saying.

Good luck to you guys next season. I definitely understand why you guys will be Patriot fans come next week.
Well I have to say, the infatuation with the "Rocky" Statue says all I need to know about a lot of Eagle fans. A fictional character in a movie. Okay than. That would be like people from MN being upset that you put Eagles colors on a statue of Paul Bunyan. I could understand it if Rocky had been a player for the Eagles. But wow. "The city of Brotherly love" is absolutely an oxymoron for Philadelphia.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

EagleRob wrote:I want to apologize for the behavior of some of my friends fans. But I warned you guys in SEVERAL threads "Do not wear your colors." Some of you were like" You just don't don't want us there.". What I said was only out of concern for what ultimately happened.

People should be free to wear their team colors without worrying about their safety.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

Raptorman wrote:

Well I have to say, the infatuation with the "Rocky" Statue says all I need to know about a lot of Eagle fans. A fictional character in a movie. Okay than. That would be like people from MN being upset that you put Eagles colors on a statue of Paul Bunyan. I could understand it if Rocky had been a player for the Eagles. But wow. "The city of Brotherly love" is absolutely an oxymoron for Philadelphia.
Have you seen the movies... especially the first couple?

You don't have to be from Philly to understand and relate the point the movie makes. Regular folks can step up and exceed their normal boundaries

Our SB win... want it not look Rocky (we lost to the Patriots first time) Rocky II (we beat them in the rematch). So yes Rocky is fictional... but the sentiment behind the character isn't.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

Dmizzle0 wrote:

People should be free to wear their team colors without worrying about their safety.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. But there's a small segment of our fanbase that unfortunately are idiots. They exist in ALL fanbases, but it's become synonymous with ours...but it's an easier cliche. Hence why they bring up Santa Clause and batteries that happened almost 50 years ago and her was drunk.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

EagleRob wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with you. But there's a small segment of our fanbase that unfortunately are idiots.
They exist in ALL fanbases
, but it's become synonymous with ours...but it's an easier cliche. Hence why they bring up Santa Clause and batteries that happened almost 50 years ago and her was drunk.
Idiots exist everywhere, sure ... but the Philly fan base is the worst. Not downing you personally as you seem like a good guy but this isn't just something happening in the media nor is it the first time I've personally heard (not through a media outlet) of Philly fans treating other fans poorly. There have been fans on this board in seasons past who were hassled in similar ways going to a game - just a regular season games, mind you. They have a reputation because it's been earned over time, not because they're being picked on by the media out of ease.

If you do a google search for "worst fans" the Eagles show up in every front page search result aside from one. Google Search Here.

Here are some of them.

Eagles fans are the absolute worst, and here are 9 times they proved it

Cities with the Worst Sports Fans (voted for by at least 2000 people)
#1 Philadelphia
Eagles, Phillies top GQ list of 'Worst Fans in America'
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

EagleRob wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Have you seen the movies... especially the first couple?

You don't have to be from Philly to understand and relate the point the movie makes. Regular folks can step up and exceed their normal boundaries

Our SB win... want it not look Rocky (we lost to the Patriots first time) Rocky II (we beat them in the rematch). So yes Rocky is fictional... but the sentiment behind the character isn't.
I've seen all the movies, and aside from IV being so ridiculous it's easily my favorite, I get your sentiment. Here's the thing. It's still a statue of a fictional character that's probably endeared far too much than it should. It's ridiculous how much you guys treat the Rocky films like the #### Bible/Quran/etc. just because it takes place in Philly. Even the most diehard Minnesota fan (myself), would never treat the message behind Paul Bunyan ("it sometimes takes big men to do big things") as so literally as you guys do Rocky's. It's a feelgood story, get over it, move on. A statue of a fictional character shouldn't define your city.