Most hated teams?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

suncoastvike
Practice Squad

Re: Most hated teams?

Post by suncoastvike »

1a) Packers - from 92 thru present
1b) Bears. - pre 1992 easily most hated
2) Cowboys - always have always will
3) Raiders - garbage persona they embrace
4) New England - sick of them and their fans
5) Philadelphia - god awfulest fans ever

For the record while I say hated the pre-92 Bears it was actually a fun rivalry then. Just Ditka had to both make it and ruin it.
''A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and a great quarterback ~ and not necessarily in that order''
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

1. Cowboys
2. Saints
3. Panthers
4. Packers
5. Broncos
From the Fjords of ValHalla
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Really nobody has said Seahawks yet?
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

In no particular order I hate the Saints because of bountygate and Sean Payton being a whiny little ####. I strongly dislike the Seahawks because Pete Carroll is a whiner, and he said MN jerked around Tarvaris Jackson and said he didn't get a fair chance in MN, plus everything about Blair Walsh. I don't particularly care for the Panthers because Cam Newton is a drama queen, but if Newton ever left, I would feel indifferent about them.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Husker Vike wrote:After going to the NFC Championship game ,and witnessing first hand the deplorable fans of Philadelphia, I hope they never win anything and on top of that they don't deserve a player of Carson Wentz class and caliber. I can take them taunting and yelling at me , but making fun of kids and elderly fans walking on our way to the stadium, was my breaking point, shoving and throwing full cans of beer was common, Even the few good fans that I met ,not once told any of the hooligans to knock it off, I guess they were too intimidated to stand up. I was actually scared for my families safety ,my wife and daughter never again want to go to an away game . I do now have a new respect for opposing fans in the NFC North.
What you describe here supports the video we've all seen.

They're disgusting bottom-feeders. I hope they lose to the Patriots worse than we did.

Beyond that, the Packers make me pretty sick. Especially Rodgers and Matthews. And McCarthy. OK, all of them.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

720pete wrote:Really nobody has said Seahawks yet?
What have the Seahawks done? We stole Hutch away several years back with the poison pill contract thing. That was them, right? We lost that playoff game to them but they didn't play dirty or anything. Am I forgetting something?
Beardown
Waterboy

Post by Beardown »

I know it's MLB baseball but how about Chicago Cub fans??!! Then again they actually win!
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

Hate
1 - Packers, exactly where a rival deserves to be. Chicago and Detroit, while division rivals, don't rise anywhere near Packer level.
2 - Steelers. See the 70s, and way too many of their fans live down here. The GB v Pit SB sucked.
3 - Saints. Always considered harmless until Payton got there. Bounty Bowl elevates them to this status.

Dislike
It varies from season to season based upon play and standings.
Some are higher than others . A few that are always near the top ... or is it bottom?
* - Patriot fans are obnoxious, but sadly their team has earned them some right to that. When they drop back to pre Brady levels, the number of their fans will drop, and the obnoxiousness will diminish.
* - never really liked the Raiders. Most likely Super Bowl related.
* - Panthers are rising on this list each year. I live in "Panther Country" and it annoys me. When they were introduced as our team it sickened me. I've always pulled for the Jags over them as a new team. Jax is my favorite AFC team. It annoys the locals too. A loss at the Panthers in '09 hurt our chance at the #1 seed, and again this year, same thing.
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
USMNT & Die Nationalmannschaft
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

saints, Philly, Seattle, tampa bay, atlanta
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

In order:

Packers
Saints
Eagles
Seahawks
Cowboys

However, I will ALWAYS cheer for any of the bottom four teams on the list when they play the Packers. ALWAYS.

The Cowboys used to be #2 on the list, but they have been supplanted in recent years. Mostly I detest them because of their over-hyped media darling status. The Saints were starting to fall off the list as well until Michael Thomas proved to be such a cheap shot artist in the game 2 weeks ago. Seahawks are mostly because of Pete Carrol. Eagles are due to their obnoxious fan base.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Maelstrom88 wrote:Rams because they left STL. Dallas because Jerry pleaded with other owners for the Rams to be in L.A. Saints because that's my friend's team. Pats because they cheated the Rams in 01 and cheat/win/The refs favor them too much.
I'm still ticked the Rams left Cleveland. :D
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Patriots - i hate that they win every year and by ellegedly cheating.

Dont hate the Eagles but Philly fans are always notorious for being rowdy.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

joe h wrote: As far as enemy fan friendly towns, maybe New York? I’ve never experienced problems going to yankee, giants, knicks, or jet games wearing Minnesota jerseys.
Ever heard of the bleacher creatures they heck the mess out of the opposing teams outfield. New york is a cesspool.
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

In no paticular order :

Patriots
Patriots
Patriots

In the old days :

Dallas
Dallas
Dallas
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Easy, and in order:

1) Packers. NFC North Rival. More of a sibling type hate though, but because we see them twice a year they're my most hated.
2) Eagles. Pricks. Can't stand their fans. Hate their city. Hate everything about them.
3) Saints. Didn't have a problem with them until '09. But since then they have been on my list of hated teams.