Most hated teams?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

packerbacker
Practice Squad

Most hated teams?

Post by packerbacker »

Who are your most hated teams?
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Most hated teams?

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Easily Philadelphia, and not because they beat us.

Every year there's at least something going on with their fans. This year's complete and utter harassment of Vikings fans and players was probably the boiling point. Hell, last year their Flyers fans completely disrupted and acted petulant on the MEMORIAL GAME OF THEIR OWNER. As a city, Philadelphia is #1 on my ####, because everybody there just seems so damn angry and drunk.

Another hated team of mine would have to be Carolina. Cam Newton is an awful role model for anybody and the ownership, front office, and coaching is a joke for letting him continue to play despite all the #### he's done.

Probably the most egregious disliked team is the Steelers though. Never has a team been so damn hypocritical. They let Big Ben play despite being a terrible person in real life and an incredibly famous drink and dash (he's banned from several bars inside Pitts because he doesn't seem to know what a f***ing bar tab is). Le'Veon Bell believes so much of his own damn hype that he considers a Franchise Tag offensive and is willing to either flat-out retire or sit out the season because of it. Antonio Brown is a well known scumbag who has had domestic disputes many a times and yet never gets suspended, but when a 5th-string WR does the exact same thing, he's cut from the team because "it's the Steeler Way"; that mantra is a total sack of #### and stuff like this only highlights the hypocrisy. Did I also mention the assistant coach that got arrested for being a dick to a bouncer? He's still with the team.

Ironically, the Patriots aren't even that high on my hated teams list, I just wish they'd stop winning so damn much.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

The packers, but their fan base is at least nonviolent, besides a few idiots. As far as dumbass fan bases, philly(all teams), ravens, dodgers, Pittsburgh, and the raiders.

As far as enemy fan friendly towns, maybe New York? I’ve never experienced problems going to yankee, giants, knicks, or jet games wearing Minnesota jerseys.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Rams because they left STL. Dallas because Jerry pleaded with other owners for the Rams to be in L.A. Saints because that's my friend's team. Pats because they cheated the Rams in 01 and cheat/win/The refs favor them too much.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Packers are the only team I hate. The only other team that comes close to my level of hate for them is the White Sox.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Vikes Guy
Waterboy

Post by Vikes Guy »

Philly hands down! A bunch of drunken tools. Not like I'm against booze, only people who can't handle it. They all think they are Rocky.
Met some great people in Cleveland and also some fools, one who stabbed my blow up Viking sword. You generally get treated good if they know you're from Canada.
Nothing better then having your team win a Championship like my Toronto Argonauts so please Vikings get it together. 48 years as a fan is way too long to wait. Win or lose I'm a Viking fan for LIFE.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Philly just made my list. And just like someone else said, not because they beat us but the fact that they have a-hole fans that carried a sign down the street that said "f*** Milly" pertaining to the 100 year old fan that was at the Saints game. Friggen pathetic.

Also on that list:

Packers (obviously)
Saints
Cowboys
Panthers (primarily because of Newton)
Patriots (I guess but I dont really bother with them because we hardly ever play them)
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PhillyVike
Practice Squad

Post by PhillyVike »

Just going down the list of NFC Championship games...

Falcons - I hate them a lot less, took me 10 years to get over the dirty birds.
Giants - Didn't care about this game for some reason, I think I took a break from the Vikings for a few years after '98.
Saints - BountyGate
Eagles - This one digs deep for me since I live in this place of Philth and have to listen to the local scum gloat. The way we won the week prior, the way we lost the NFC Championship game, how awful I know these Philthadelphians can be in sports, how they treated Vikings players and fans, the fact that they get to go to our stadium. I saw this coming about mid-way into the season and I knew I would resent this city and the people in it if it played out exactly how it did.

Not a fan of due to birthright
Packers - though, the nice packer fellow that's been posting here recently changes my opinion slightly

Not a fan of due to exorbitant amount of arrogance
Cowboys

Hatred most down on the year
Saints - beating them in the fashion we did gave us a heck of a silver lining on the year. Also, the way our fans reached out to Morstead and the way he and their fan base responded really healed my wounds from '09.

Right now I have a very raw nerve towards the Eagles. Everyone else is ok at this point.
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

Other than the obvious Packers mine are as follows:

Bears - An old friend supports them and he is a pure snake so yeah cannot stand anything to do with them.
Philly - Trash fans always disliked them but this year cemented it for me.
49ers - We have alot of them over here due to their previous greatness, found their fans arrogant and live in the past. When they played over here also their fans (Uk based and travelling) made zero effort to actually make some noise.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I don't think I have it in me to "hate" a team at this point. There are games wherein I want the Vikings to win more than others because of the rivalry (NFC North Teams, NO, ATL, PHI). I guess it's partly because the players and coaches tend to shuffle around so much it's hard to focus that kind of energy on one team.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

In no particular order:

1) Packers
2) Packers
3) Packers
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Packers have always been on my sh!tlist.

The Eagles have been since around the early 90's. I was dating a girl from Philly, when I was living in DC. Her family were avid fans. Ive never seen a family like that. I hated the Eagles fans. We all got a taste of them this year in the NFCC game. They have been like that forever. And they have had the Vikings number for as long as I can remember. Some things never change, the Vikings will ALWAYS disappoint, and the Eagles will always beat us in games that matter. And please no 'go find another team' or horse-#### talk like that. Its not so easy for some of us to jump ship because our team runs our of gas at the end.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

After going to the NFC Championship game ,and witnessing first hand the deplorable fans of Philadelphia, I hope they never win anything and on top of that they don't deserve a player of Carson Wentz class and caliber. I can take them taunting and yelling at me , but making fun of kids and elderly fans walking on our way to the stadium, was my breaking point, shoving and throwing full cans of beer was common, Even the few good fans that I met ,not once told any of the hooligans to knock it off, I guess they were too intimidated to stand up. I was actually scared for my families safety ,my wife and daughter never again want to go to an away game . I do now have a new respect for opposing fans in the NFC North.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Husker Vike wrote:After going to the NFC Championship game ,and witnessing first hand the deplorable fans of Philadelphia, I hope they never win anything and on top of that they don't deserve a player of Carson Wentz class and caliber. I can take them taunting and yelling at me , but making fun of kids and elderly fans walking on our way to the stadium, was my breaking point, shoving and throwing full cans of beer was common, Even the few good fans that I met ,not once told any of the hooligans to knock it off, I guess they were too intimidated to stand up. I was actually scared for my families safety ,my wife and daughter never again want to go to an away game . I do now have a new respect for opposing fans in the NFC North.
So sorry to hear this. I don't understand how they can continue to do this without repercussions. It's an NFL game not a gang war. Trash talking is one thing but physical attacks is way over the line.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Husker Vike wrote:After going to the NFC Championship game ,and witnessing first hand the deplorable fans of Philadelphia, I hope they never win anything and on top of that they don't deserve a player of Carson Wentz class and caliber. I can take them taunting and yelling at me , but making fun of kids and elderly fans walking on our way to the stadium, was my breaking point, shoving and throwing full cans of beer was common, Even the few good fans that I met ,not once told any of the hooligans to knock it off, I guess they were too intimidated to stand up. I was actually scared for my families safety ,my wife and daughter never again want to go to an away game . I do now have a new respect for opposing fans in the NFC North.
That's pretty disgusting. Will be rooting for the pats to stomp them now. Not that the Pats will need any help.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.