View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2017 Vikings Exceeded Expectations 
Site Admin

Post 2017 Vikings Exceeded Expectations
In the wake of a beat down in the NFCC game it's easy to feel "let down" by the team but in reality, they exceeded every expectation compared to when the season started. The polling on this message board had them at 9-7 (and we're a bunch of homers!). Maybe a wildcard win or at least near loss. Before the season began 10-6 was a best case scenario and that was before Bradford went out ...

ESPN's Prediction

Quote:
The Vikings will finish 2017 exactly how they finished 2016, by beating the Bears at home to end the year at .500. They've got a better roster than the Bears and they'll have enough veteran pride to finish without a losing record. Record: 8-8

CBS's Experts

The Vikings weren't the best team in the NFL this year but they were much better than we thought and they deserve a lot of credit. Not only for the improvement from year to year but also for how they handled the adversity thrown their way.

I had fun following them all season.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:04 pm
Hall of Famer

Post Re: 2017 Vikings Exceeded Expectations
I was expecting a little better than those "experts"... I had them at 9-7 or 10-6, fighting for a Wild Card.

One is left to wonder what would have happened with a healthy Bradford all season... and a healthy Dalvin Cook all season.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:07 pm
Practice Squad

Yes they did. My expectations were 9 or 10 wins. 2nd place and hopefully a wild card shot. With this beat down still fresh in our minds many won't want to hear they had a great year. Yes in fact they did. Hopefully Cook returns and stays healthy. Need to settle on a QB. I hope it's Case. He's not perfect but he's a gamer and I like his attitude. We need to find a good OC to replace Pat. We have to focus on the positive. This team has finished with 11 or more wins in 2 of 4 years under Zimmer. With 2 different OC's . Lets believe we can do it again under another different offensive playcaller. Lets do something this team hasn't done since 2009. Lets make back to back playoff appearances. I believe we can.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm
Hall of Famer

Cliff wrote:
In the wake of a beat down in the NFCC game it's easy to feel "let down" by the team but in reality, they exceeded every expectation of this when the season started. The polling on this message board had them at 9-7 (and we're a bunch of homers!). Maybe a wildcard win or at least near loss. Before the season began 10-6 was a best case scenario and that was before Bradford went out ...

ESPN's Prediction

Quote:
The Vikings will finish 2017 exactly how they finished 2016, by beating the Bears at home to end the year at .500. They've got a better roster than the Bears and they'll have enough veteran pride to finish without a losing record. Record: 8-8

CBS's Experts

The Vikings weren't the best team in the NFL this year but they were much better than we thought and they deserve a lot of credit. Not only for the improvement from year to year but also for how they handled the adversity thrown their way.

I had fun following them all season.

That's what I want to take away from this, as well.

It's been the most fun I've had in a long, long time watching these guys. From the very first game -- Sean McDonough's "Bradford can't miss!" call, and watching Dalvin Cook bust loose for 127 yards. Picking off Jameis Winston 3 times. Keenum lighting up the Redskins. Thielen's long TD against the Rams. Holding Atlanta without a touchdown. Beating the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. Shutting out the Packers at Lambeau. And of course, The Miracle.

It's been such an amazing season. It sucks beyond measure that it ended the way it did, but the ending doesn't diminish the great memories. I've said it a number of times -- this is the most "together" a Vikings team I've seen since the "40 for 60" days of Bud Grant. This team made me proud. They exceeded the expectations of most people by a wide margin.

I know the M.O. of most Vikings fans is to expect the worst next year, but I'm the opposite. I think we're going to repeat in the North. I don't know who the quarterback is going to be, and I don't know how we're going to do it, but I believe we're going to host another playoff game next year. Call me crazy.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 pm
Defensive Tackle

They definitely exceeded my expectations this season. It's a shame the season ended the way it did but they had a good year full of good stories.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:29 pm
Transition Player

It was a great season and a lot of fun. I am very proud of the entire Vikings organization.

What I didn't realize until it was over was how invested I was into this season. Yesterday's game felt like a surreal nightmare and I have honestly felt empty all day today. Needless to say, there are much more important things in life than a football game, but it does make me realize how emotionally invested I become.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:34 pm
Hall of Famer

Purple Domination wrote:
It was a great season and a lot of fun. I am very proud of the entire Vikings organization.

What I didn't realize until it was over was how invested I was into this season. Yesterday's game felt like a surreal nightmare and I have honestly felt empty all day today. Needless to say, there are much more important things in life than a football game, but it does make me realize how emotionally invested I become.

Don't you think part of it, too, is simply that the fun of the season is over?

Yes, we lost, and yes, we got embarrassed. But we lost 3 other games, and it didn't seem as empty.

We had a great season and won a playoff game. Now it's just suddenly over, and there's no more football until September. That's what sucks the most, at least to me. This year was a blast!

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:40 pm
Transition Player

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Don't you think part of it, too, is simply that the fun of the season is over?

Yes, we lost, and yes, we got embarrassed. But we lost 3 other games, and it didn't seem as empty.

We had a great season and won a playoff game. Now it's just suddenly over, and there's no more football until September. That's what sucks the most, at least to me. This year was a blast!

You are a wise man, J Kapp. Now that you mention it, I realize that's exactly why I have been feeling this way I just couldn't put my finger on it. I just hope we won't have to wait a decade for another special season.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:52 pm
Hall of Famer

I'm tired of moral victories at this point, especially given how it ended. It's one thing for them to go down to the wire swinging. Quite another to be put down like that and embarrassed.

So yeah, they had a great season and exceeded expectations, but the end result is the same old same old.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 am
Starting Wide Receiver

To me, the entire season is a failure because of the ending, just like 1998,2009, etc. Winning 13 games means nothing if you can't finish the season with a win.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Starter

PurpleMustReign wrote:
To me, the entire season is a failure because of the ending, just like 1998,2009, etc. Winning 13 games means nothing if you can't finish the season with a win.

In life you have to learn to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. The destination is just one brief stopping point in life. Even if you get what you want, sometimes you don't feel the way you'd imagine. Even the destination is one stop as a part of a larger journey.
Skol

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:01 am
Site Admin

PurpleMustReign wrote:
To me, the entire season is a failure because of the ending, just like 1998,2009, etc.

This post isn't about whether or not you're happy the Vikings didn't make it to and win the super bowl. None of us are happy with the result. The real question here is; when the season started how did you feel about the team? If you expected them to win the super bowl then I understand your position.

If you thought they'd be a 9-7/10-6 slightly above average team that you just hoped to see some improvement from (like most did) then you can see the season as a success as it's a step in the right direction towards a super bowl. A pretty huge step compared to what most of us thought. In that regard, the season was a success.

Quote:
Winning 13 games means nothing if you can't finish the season with a win.

If you're telling me in a month or two you're going to look back at the season and feel the same as a Browns fan who didn't get to experience a single moment of glory the entire season I think you're wrong. This is the most fun I've had in a season as a Vikings fan in nearly a decade. That means something to me - especially considering that I watch football to have fun.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Cliff wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
To me, the entire season is a failure because of the ending, just like 1998,2009, etc.

This post isn't about whether or not you're happy the Vikings didn't make it to and win the super bowl. None of us are happy with the result. The real question here is; when the season started how did you feel about the team? If you expected them to win the super bowl then I understand your position.

If you thought they'd be a 9-7/10-6 slightly above average team that you just hoped to see some improvement from (like most did) then you can see the season as a success as it's a step in the right direction towards a super bowl. A pretty huge step compared to what most of us thought. In that regard, the season was a success.

Quote:

If you're telling me in a month or two you're going to look back at the season and feel the same as a Browns fan who didn't get to experience a single moment of glory the entire season I think you're wrong. This is the most fun I've had in a season as a Vikings fan in nearly a decade. That means something to me - especially considering that I watch football to have fun.

It's all just so exhausting. I mean, I can see both sides. You can start a season with low expectations but then to get that close and have it end the way it did is pretty crushing.

If someone is happy we exceeded expectations and had a fun regular season and is able to look back on it fondly, I get that. Conversely, if the fun of the regular season was ruined by the manner in which we lost Sunday night, and one is unable to reflect positively.... Well, that I understand too.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I know in 2009 I couldn't (still can't) even go back and watch the Greg Lewis TD or anything from that season because EVERYTHING was soured by that Saints game (as well as the Bears game that cost us homefield). This year is slightly different for me, but I'm just exhausted. We have had a million chances at Super Bowls in this franchise's lifetime. A freaking million. And we've somehow squandered them all. I'm actually a younger fan, but knowing we lost 4 of 4 in the 70s is exhausting. Knowing we are 0-6 in conference title games since then, having lost them in ways ranging from unfathomable choke jobs to historic blowouts, is exhausting. Knowing we've been to the playoffs 29 times (5th most in the entire damn league) and never won the big one is exhausting.

Long story short, any regular season success we have kind of has an inevitable doom hanging over it, because we all know every year that we aren't going to win the Super Bowl. That was me this year. I enjoyed it all as it happened, but never allowed myself to truly believe we could win it all. So it still hurt when we lost to the Eagles, but I felt at least somewhat prepared for it. It's really a terrible way to be a fan, but alas.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:35 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Cliff wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Quote:

When the vikings get that close, its superbowl or nothing to many "happy seasons" and no rings for me. I was happy with this season and remember my mother asking me before the game if id be upset after the game and my honest reply was "If they play a good game, dont get blown and prove to everyone there not the same old Vikings. I didn't need a win I just wanted a competitive team". The way this season ended leaves nothing but a bad taste about the season and this one to come. I thought this team never gave up and fought through advisary, totally wrong and not happy about it.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:26 pm
Fenrir

I thought this was a playoff team, even more so after watching the first game. I think I mentioned the comparisons to the Falcons as both teams started out red hot (talking about 2016 Vikings/2015 Falcons) then basically fell on their face. Falcons made the Super Bowl the next year and I could see the Vikings doing the same.

Now when Bradford and Dalvin went down, my expectations lowered. From there it was a bit of a rollercoaster ride but for the most part, I felt they were a playoff team.

The window of opportunity is really small especially in the NFC. Look at prior NFCCG's:

2014: Seahawks/Packers -- neither made the playoffs this year
2015: Panthers/Cardinals -- Cards are pretty bad now and Panthers are a wild card team
2016: Falcons/Packers -- Falcons barely made the post-season. One loss and they wouldn't have made it. Packers obviously weren't close.

So maybe you're the Packers and can make it in 2 out of 4 years. Or you're the Cardinals and a one hit wonder. The point is opportunity is rare unless you're the Patriots. And it's downright impossible to get a SB at home. So yes, the Vikings exceeded expectations, throw another participation trophy in the closet. The goal is a championship and asking one, just ONE, isn't a lot. Sorry I can't get on the "enjoy the ride" train, I wish I could. Honestly I don't know how some of you do it but you're better than I am.

The stars were aligned and the team #### up. Hopefully we get another shot but based on history, probably not for a while.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:19 pm
Waterboy

Good year all in all but to get beat down and look sunk that early on after that pick six was horrible. That close to being in and hosting the Super Bowl and to come up that lame hurts like hell. They had no fight or answer in the most important game of the year. Tough to think about. Time to play with our new puppy. haha

Still haven't seen my wife's co-worker who moved to Canada from Wisconsin as a teen and she's a massive Packer fan. I got my friendly shots in all year and now it's payback. I especially liked, What's Green and Yellow and goes crunch? Rogers shoulder. That friggin Karma.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:56 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

From the Thread, "Will the Vikings win 9 Games or More?"

I felt good about the season at the beginning. And while not happy with the way it ended, still happy for a good year.

Raptorman wrote:
I can see 11-5 or 12-4. Yes, I am that optimistic.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29847

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:04 pm
Site Admin

I dunno ... I guess I'm just not one of the guys who gets a million dollars when the Vikings win the super bowl.

Seriously though, as much as I want the Vikings to win the big one it won't change my life. It's just not a devastating thing if they don't win.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm
Hall of Famer

I would never tell anybody who thinks this season is a failure that they're wrong. I would never say that to anyone who thinks 13-3 is not good enough without the trophy. To each their own.

But I gotta say, I feel sorry for you if all the fun of this season is wiped out by one game.

Recently, I got a chance to play on the golf course in Tubac, Arizona where they shot several scenes from the movie Tin Cup. On one of the holes, there was a plaque where Tin Cup was caddying for Don Johnson's character and dared him to knock it on the green in two. Johnson's character refused, and Tin Cup said, "I could make that shot." Others in the gallery started placing side bets that he could make the shot, and Johnson said if he hit the shot, he was fired. You guys remember the scene. He hit the shot and knocked it on the green.

At the course, they encourage you to try the shot, so I did. It was a 240-yard carry over a small pond that fronted a tiny green. A tough shot. I grabbed my 3-wood and absolutely nutted it. I was sure it was going to make it. Everybody in my group was sure it was going to make it. I even said, "We're home," like Tin Cup did.

The ball hit the far bank of the pond and fell back into the water.

Am I disappointed I didn't make the shot? I suppose so. Those would have been some sweet bragging rights. But the fun was in the trying. The fun was in the journey. I was having a terrible round, but that shot changed everything. I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day. It was fun!

I enjoy the journey in life. I appreciate moments. The Vikings gave us a LOT of moments this season. I can appreciate that and enjoy it. Next season will be my 50th as a fan, and I guarantee you ... nobody wants the Vikings to win the Super Bowl more than I do. But I'm not going to declare this incredibly fun season a failure simply because it ended up the way the previous 48 had ended. It was fun!

But again, I would never tell anyone else their own truth. Just sharing my perspective.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Being a fan since the 76 season and seeing many many great players and teams over the years . I will always love the Vikings but I can never be satisfied until we win ONE SB I have witnessed every other kind of win and none means much after the season is over if you lose the last game .

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:59 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Nice write up, Kapp!

Good stuff.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 pm
Defensive Tackle

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
I would never tell anybody who thinks this season is a failure that they're wrong. I would never say that to anyone who thinks 13-3 is not good enough without the trophy. To each their own.

But I gotta say, I feel sorry for you if all the fun of this season is wiped out by one game.

Recently, I got a chance to play on the golf course in Tubac, Arizona where they shot several scenes from the movie Tin Cup. On one of the holes, there was a plaque where Tin Cup was caddying for Don Johnson's character and dared him to knock it on the green in two. Johnson's character refused, and Tin Cup said, "I could make that shot." Others in the gallery started placing side bets that he could make the shot, and Johnson said if he hit the shot, he was fired. You guys remember the scene. He hit the shot and knocked it on the green.

At the course, they encourage you to try the shot, so I did. It was a 240-yard carry over a small pond that fronted a tiny green. A tough shot. I grabbed my 3-wood and absolutely nutted it. I was sure it was going to make it. Everybody in my group was sure it was going to make it. I even said, "We're home," like Tin Cup did.

The ball hit the far bank of the pond and fell back into the water.

Am I disappointed I didn't make the shot? I suppose so. Those would have been some sweet bragging rights. But the fun was in the trying. The fun was in the journey. I was having a terrible round, but that shot changed everything. I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day. It was fun!

I enjoy the journey in life. I appreciate moments. The Vikings gave us a LOT of moments this season. I can appreciate that and enjoy it. Next season will be my 50th as a fan, and I guarantee you ... nobody wants the Vikings to win the Super Bowl more than I do. But I'm not going to declare this incredibly fun season a failure simply because it ended up the way the previous 48 had ended. It was fun!

But again, I would never tell anyone else their own truth. Just sharing my perspective.

Very well said.

Enjoying the journey is important. The joy in almost any experience is in the journey, not just the conclusion. Most of us wouldn't care about the Vikings winning a Super Bowl if we hadn't chosen to go on a journey with them in the first place and fans like you and I have been on this journey a long time. I stick with it because it's fun and I know you do too.

I can't speak for anybody else but I don't think this season needs to be seen in just one way or defined by a single term like success or failure. It can be both and more. It can exceed expectations many of us had before the season and still fall short of expectations formed by the time the Vikings reached the conference championship. Those altered expectations existed because of the journey you're talking about. The 2017 Vikings succeeded by winning their division and advancing in the playoffs and they failed by finishing the season on the lowest note they had all year. We can be grateful and disappointed all at once. The emotions associated with being a fan of a team like the Vikings are complex and that's also part of the journey.

I do hope they get to the destination soon though. :)

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:17 pm
Site Admin

I completely agree, Kapp.

My apologies if it came off as if I was telling anyone how they should feel. Everything was just all so ... Fear and Loathing on VikingsMessageBoard.Com. I thought it might be good to remind people of how they felt going into the season about the team.

It won't be long at all that Vikings fans are using the fact that we went 13-3 and made it to the NFCC to justify why this team is better than team X when they're chatting with their friends.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:51 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Completely agree Kapp. This is part of the reason I have a lot of support in Zimmer and Spielman. He's continuing to make this team better and better and they are becoming much more fun to watch

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:58 am
Fenrir

(This is going to be a bit long and depressing. Sorry in advance. I think I need to vent so feel free to skip over this post)

After reflecting on it for a few days, I think I've come to grips why this particular outcome sucks. The story.

We've seen in recent years, particularly in the NBA and MLB, where teams more or less buy championships. Sorry if you're a LeBron or Steph Curry or Yankees/Sox fan but that's the way I view it. Curry is great but when you have Thompson and Durant (and Green and Iguodala...), it lessens the accomplishment some. And to a degree, had the Vikings won the SB with Favre it would be in a similar vein. You have these teams with a superstar that more or less carries the team. Green Bay is nothing without Rodgers, NE is nothing without Brady, Dallas is nothing without Elliott, etc. Okay they aren't nothing but I hope you catch my drift. AD more or less carried the Vikings for years on his back.

Even as good as the defense is, there's no one standout. Amazing players? Absolutely. Don't believe me? Who is the best player on this defense? Harrison? Everson? Linval? Rhodes? That'd be quite a debate. Who's the best player on the Patriots? Tom Brady. End of story.

So year after year we see and hear the same #### from the media. Talk about one guy and how amazing he is with the team a distant second. You don't talk about the Patriots, you talk about Tom Brady and his hand. You don't talk about the Saints, you talk about Brees and how he was screwed out of a championship.

But all of a sudden you have this TEAM that's doing amazing things. A team the media barely cares about because Aaron Rodgers coming back to save the season is more important than a blue collar team working together to get it done. Starting QB go down? No problem. Starting RB? No problem. Case Keenum was doubted his whole life and suddenly it felt like redemption. A guy that was too short with not the strongest arm that couldn't make it in the NFL. Throwing to an UDFA from Mankato that spent his whole life as a Viking fan. Coached by a guy was passed over so many times he nearly gave up hope. Playing for a fan base that after decades of suffering could not only see it end, but end in their stadium. Something never accomplished before. That is a story. A story about a team and fans doing something extraordinary together.

Not the Patriots winning again. But that's what will happen as this truly Cinderella season turns into a pumpkin. I want to see the silver lining, I really do, but I'm having a real hard time getting past what could have been. It sucks. It really #### sucks. And I'm pissed, really #### pissed off. And I don't know how to not feel that way because even though it is about the journey and only 1 team ends the season happy each year, this really felt like our one season.

To you long timers who can get past this, kudos. I don't know how you do it. Maybe in a few months I'll be somewhere near there but right now "there's always next year" and "we exceeded expectations" is like a slap in the face. I don't want it to feel that way because I know that isn't the intent, but that's how it feels.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:56 pm
Site Admin

I can definitely see that story getting crushed causing you to be pissed off. As for this question;

Quote:
To you long timers who can get past this, kudos. I don't know how you do it. Maybe in a few months I'll be somewhere near there but right now "there's always next year" and "we exceeded expectations" is like a slap in the face. I don't want it to feel that way because I know that isn't the intent, but that's how it feels.

It's definitely not meant as a slap in the face for sure.

I think for me personally it's just that I'm not that invested in football in the first place. I'm a Vikings fan and that's part of who I am. However, there is just so much more that defines me.

The team I cheer for lost a big game. I've been through worse ;)

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:10 pm
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:
(This is going to be a bit long and depressing. Sorry in advance. I think I need to vent so feel free to skip over this post)

After reflecting on it for a few days, I think I've come to grips why this particular outcome sucks. The story.

We've seen in recent years, particularly in the NBA and MLB, where teams more or less buy championships. Sorry if you're a LeBron or Steph Curry or Yankees/Sox fan but that's the way I view it. Curry is great but when you have Thompson and Durant (and Green and Iguodala...), it lessens the accomplishment some. And to a degree, had the Vikings won the SB with Favre it would be in a similar vein. You have these teams with a superstar that more or less carries the team. Green Bay is nothing without Rodgers, NE is nothing without Brady, Dallas is nothing without Elliott, etc. Okay they aren't nothing but I hope you catch my drift. AD more or less carried the Vikings for years on his back.

Even as good as the defense is, there's no one standout. Amazing players? Absolutely. Don't believe me? Who is the best player on this defense? Harrison? Everson? Linval? Rhodes? That'd be quite a debate. Who's the best player on the Patriots? Tom Brady. End of story.

So year after year we see and hear the same #### from the media. Talk about one guy and how amazing he is with the team a distant second. You don't talk about the Patriots, you talk about Tom Brady and his hand. You don't talk about the Saints, you talk about Brees and how he was screwed out of a championship.

But all of a sudden you have this TEAM that's doing amazing things. A team the media barely cares about because Aaron Rodgers coming back to save the season is more important than a blue collar team working together to get it done. Starting QB go down? No problem. Starting RB? No problem. Case Keenum was doubted his whole life and suddenly it felt like redemption. A guy that was too short with not the strongest arm that couldn't make it in the NFL. Throwing to an UDFA from Mankato that spent his whole life as a Viking fan. Coached by a guy was passed over so many times he nearly gave up hope. Playing for a fan base that after decades of suffering could not only see it end, but end in their stadium. Something never accomplished before. That is a story. A story about a team and fans doing something extraordinary together.

Not the Patriots winning again. But that's what will happen as this truly Cinderella season turns into a pumpkin. I want to see the silver lining, I really do, but I'm having a real hard time getting past what could have been. It sucks. It really #### sucks. And I'm pissed, really #### pissed off. And I don't know how to not feel that way because even though it is about the journey and only 1 team ends the season happy each year, this really felt like our one season.

I'm one of those long-timers, and I don't see this as a slap in the face at all. It's your reality, and it's perfectly legitimate.

And I must say, you bring up some great points. Everything you said about this year's version of the Vikings is why I love them so much. I love the story, man. It's the best in football this year. But all the media are going to talk about now is how Brady won his 6th at age 40 with his perfect fitness regimen and his perfect diet and his perfect wife and his perfect toothy smile. It's enough to make a non-Patriots fan hurl. The Vikings finally winning -- and on their home field, no less -- would have been the best story in the NFL, maybe ever.

It sucks. For me, it's just forcing myself to focus on all the great moments this team provided us. I'll never forget how I felt when Adam Thielen broke into the clear against the Rams on that long TD. One of the best memories I'll ever have as a Vikings fan. Maybe it's just going to a "happy place." I don't know. But I'd certainly never tell you what your own truth should be.

Hang in there, man. September isn't THAT far away.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Good post Landon. I am still so mad at the team. It is such a disgusting ending. Idk. I will be mad for a while on this one.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir

Cliff wrote:
I can definitely see that story getting crushed causing you to be pissed off. As for this question;

Quote:

It's definitely not meant as a slap in the face for sure.

I think for me personally it's just that I'm not that invested in football in the first place. I'm a Vikings fan and that's part of who I am. However, there is just so much more that defines me.

The team I cheer for lost a big game. I've been through worse ;)

Yeah I think I got way too emotionally invested this year. Hopefully down the road the pill gets easier to swallow.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:07 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Absolutely they exceeded expectations. How can they not have with a 13-3 record?
That's the Vikes' 2nd best regular season ever, naturally behind the 15-1 season. Remember, they've only won 12 games 5 times, and only once since '75. 13-3 was a hell of a season, and lots of fun. And we didn't go one and done in the playoffs.

Sure, the ending sucked. 0-6 in NFC Championship Games since '77 really hurts. But, it was a great season.

Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
USMNT & Die Nationalmannschaft

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next