View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:24 am



Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 2018 Offseason Thread 
Author Message
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18360
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
S197 wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
ocampo82 wrote:
Well if McKinnon re-upped with the Vikes, Murray has to be restructured or cut., right ?


I thought McKinnon made the statement he wanted to be a starting running back.


He posted on Twitter a picture of a lock (might have been purple I forget). Anyway people are speculating that since he can't talk to any other teams, he means he's locked into a new contract with the Vikings. But it's all speculation.
Is he unrestricted?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18360
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Well, the Marcus Peters trade is official. He quickly wore out his welcome in KC by continuing to be an idiot on and off the field. Sure glad we drafted Waynes instead of Peters. Said that since day 1

Interesting, isn't it? Peters had 19 interceptions in 3 seasons, and Kansas City couldn't wait to get rid of him.
How will be out of the league very quickly if he doesn't get his #### straight. Or he could play for the Bengals.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
PurpleMustReign wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Well, the Marcus Peters trade is official. He quickly wore out his welcome in KC by continuing to be an idiot on and off the field. Sure glad we drafted Waynes instead of Peters. Said that since day 1

Interesting, isn't it? Peters had 19 interceptions in 3 seasons, and Kansas City couldn't wait to get rid of him.
How will be out of the league very quickly if he doesn't get his #### straight. Or he could play for the Bengals.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


He’s an idiot. I’ve said it from day 1. And it goes to show Spielman made the right call taking Waynes over him. Reasons like these are why I continue to trust both Spielman and Zimmer

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:02 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Is he unrestricted?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Yup


Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3438
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Well, the Marcus Peters trade is official. He quickly wore out his welcome in KC by continuing to be an idiot on and off the field. Sure glad we drafted Waynes instead of Peters. Said that since day 1

Interesting, isn't it? Peters had 19 interceptions in 3 seasons, and Kansas City couldn't wait to get rid of him.
How will be out of the league very quickly if he doesn't get his #### straight. Or he could play for the Bengals.



This is an example of why INT numbers can be misleading. A guy can take chances to get INTs, but how often does that chance go the other way and he hurts his team? My sense is Zimmer's DBs have low INT numbers because he wants them playing tight coverage with solid technique vs. trying to guess / jump routes. Guys playing as professionals and for the team.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:25 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
mansquatch wrote:


This is an example of why INT numbers can be misleading. A guy can take chances to get INTs, but how often does that chance go the other way and he hurts his team? My sense is Zimmer's DBs have low INT numbers because he wants them playing tight coverage with solid technique vs. trying to guess / jump routes. Guys playing as professionals and for the team.


Exaclty. This is what I was saying when going back and forth with PK over Peters and Waynes. Just because he has a lot of ints doesn’t mean he’s a good CB. Would it be cool to have Rhodes paired with Peters? Sure but with the jump Waynes made this year, I’d much rather have that. No less Waynes is an elite run defender. And look, we very well could be losing Peters this year or even sooner because of his antics if we drafted him. I will continue to say that reasons like these are why I trust Zim and Spielman

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:45 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am
Posts: 87
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Noooo Billy Price injured

many mocks had the Vikes taking him in 1st or 2nd--he seems he would have made an impact right away. Maybe we can snag him in later rounds...tough break for the young man.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/13091/billy-price


Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:29 am
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Quinn for a mid round pick seems like a steal.


Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:10 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am
Posts: 87
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
S197 wrote:
Quinn for a mid round pick seems like a steal.


He has had back problems that has implacted his production a bit. I think this helps the Rams clearing some cap space over the next two seasons--helps resign Donald


Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
ocampo82 wrote:
S197 wrote:
Quinn for a mid round pick seems like a steal.


He has had back problems that has implacted his production a bit. I think this helps the Rams clearing some cap space over the next two seasons--helps resign Donald


True. My dad is a big rams fan so we watch them a lot. Quinn WAS a stud but recently had some down years. I’m actually surprised they only got a 4th though. I figured a 2nd or 3rd. Dad wasn’t happy lol. Lost an up and down impact player like Quinn for a 4th but gave up a 2nd and 4th (the 4th was a wash) for an idiot like Peters. When you have a guy Iike Donald that can make your whole DL good then I guess it’s not a killer. Similar to K Will for us back in the day. Although he got a lot of help as he aged

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:21 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4043
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Here is another piece for you guys:

[OC] Playing GM: Vikings 2018 Full Offseason

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Funkytown wrote:
Here is another piece for you guys:

[OC] Playing GM: Vikings 2018 Full Offseason


Wow and I thought my mock was in depth. That guy went over and above. I notice we do have some draft picks and signings in common. However, his mock has us spending a TON of money. Not sure how realistic that is if we sign Cousins like he had us doing. Do like his signing of Nickell Robey Coleman. I had us signing Watkins instead because I like his versatility more. Coleman can only play nickel (no pun intended). Overall, solid mock on his part

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:50 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3581
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
Here is another piece for you guys:

[OC] Playing GM: Vikings 2018 Full Offseason


Wow and I thought my mock was in depth. That guy went over and above. I notice we do have some draft picks and signings in common. However, his mock has us spending a TON of money. Not sure how realistic that is if we sign Cousins like he had us doing. Do like his signing of Nickell Robey Coleman. I had us signing Watkins instead because I like his versatility more. Coleman can only play nickel (no pun intended). Overall, solid mock on his part



Dudette, you mean. :lol:


Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Texas Vike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Funkytown wrote:
Here is another piece for you guys:

[OC] Playing GM: Vikings 2018 Full Offseason


Wow and I thought my mock was in depth. That guy went over and above. I notice we do have some draft picks and signings in common. However, his mock has us spending a TON of money. Not sure how realistic that is if we sign Cousins like he had us doing. Do like his signing of Nickell Robey Coleman. I had us signing Watkins instead because I like his versatility more. Coleman can only play nickel (no pun intended). Overall, solid mock on his part



Dudette, you mean. :lol:


Wait it's a girl that did all that??

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:39 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3581
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:

Dudette, you mean. :lol:


Wait it's a girl that did all that??


I don't think she's 11, but, yes, pretty sure Mel (aka FunkyTown) is a female. She used to post here a lot and then made her own board. Hardcore Vike's fan from Iowa, if memory serves right.


Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:57 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4043
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Texas Vike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:

Dudette, you mean. :lol:


Wait it's a girl that did all that??


I don't think she's 11, but, yes, pretty sure Mel (aka FunkyTown) is a female. She used to post here a lot and then made her own board. Hardcore Vike's fan from Iowa, if memory serves right.


:lol:

I didn't write this article, but I do run my own Vikings board ... so yeah ... hardcore Vikes fan, indeed.

I edited it and promoted it for a blog/podcast we're partnering with.

Miss y'all. Well, some of you guys! lol

I'll post good content when we have it! :govikes:

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Haha didn’t know that. My fault!! I should have too because now that I remember I’ve talked to you regarding your board before. Either way, excellent work!

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24348
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2018 Offseason Thread
Zim just said Dalvin is ahead of schedule on his rehab. Will do some things at OTAs.

Newman still debating his future. Still possible he resigns (probably if $ is right)

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:52 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JDLon and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.