2018 Offseason Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
ocampo82 wrote:Well if McKinnon re-upped with the Vikes, Murray has to be restructured or cut., right ?
I thought McKinnon made the statement he wanted to be a starting running back.
He posted on Twitter a picture of a lock (might have been purple I forget). Anyway people are speculating that since he can't talk to any other teams, he means he's locked into a new contract with the Vikings. But it's all speculation.
Is he unrestricted?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:Well, the Marcus Peters trade is official. He quickly wore out his welcome in KC by continuing to be an idiot on and off the field. Sure glad we drafted Waynes instead of Peters. Said that since day 1
Interesting, isn't it? Peters had 19 interceptions in 3 seasons, and Kansas City couldn't wait to get rid of him.
How will be out of the league very quickly if he doesn't get his #### straight. Or he could play for the Bengals.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:Well, the Marcus Peters trade is official. He quickly wore out his welcome in KC by continuing to be an idiot on and off the field. Sure glad we drafted Waynes instead of Peters. Said that since day 1
Interesting, isn't it? Peters had 19 interceptions in 3 seasons, and Kansas City couldn't wait to get rid of him.
How will be out of the league very quickly if he doesn't get his #### straight. Or he could play for the Bengals.

He’s an idiot. I’ve said it from day 1. And it goes to show Spielman made the right call taking Waynes over him. Reasons like these are why I continue to trust both Spielman and Zimmer
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Is he unrestricted?

Yup
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:Well, the Marcus Peters trade is official. He quickly wore out his welcome in KC by continuing to be an idiot on and off the field. Sure glad we drafted Waynes instead of Peters. Said that since day 1

This is an example of why INT numbers can be misleading. A guy can take chances to get INTs, but how often does that chance go the other way and he hurts his team? My sense is Zimmer's DBs have low INT numbers because he wants them playing tight coverage with solid technique vs. trying to guess / jump routes. Guys playing as professionals and for the team.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:

This is an example of why INT numbers can be misleading. A guy can take chances to get INTs, but how often does that chance go the other way and he hurts his team? My sense is Zimmer's DBs have low INT numbers because he wants them playing tight coverage with solid technique vs. trying to guess / jump routes. Guys playing as professionals and for the team.
Exaclty. This is what I was saying when going back and forth with PK over Peters and Waynes. Just because he has a lot of ints doesn’t mean he’s a good CB. Would it be cool to have Rhodes paired with Peters? Sure but with the jump Waynes made this year, I’d much rather have that. No less Waynes is an elite run defender. And look, we very well could be losing Peters this year or even sooner because of his antics if we drafted him. I will continue to say that reasons like these are why I trust Zim and Spielman
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

Noooo Billy Price injured

many mocks had the Vikes taking him in 1st or 2nd--he seems he would have made an impact right away. Maybe we can snag him in later rounds...tough break for the young man.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/13091/billy-price
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Quinn for a mid round pick seems like a steal.
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

S197 wrote:Quinn for a mid round pick seems like a steal.
He has had back problems that has implacted his production a bit. I think this helps the Rams clearing some cap space over the next two seasons--helps resign Donald
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

ocampo82 wrote:
S197 wrote:Quinn for a mid round pick seems like a steal.
He has had back problems that has implacted his production a bit. I think this helps the Rams clearing some cap space over the next two seasons--helps resign Donald
True. My dad is a big rams fan so we watch them a lot. Quinn WAS a stud but recently had some down years. I’m actually surprised they only got a 4th though. I figured a 2nd or 3rd. Dad wasn’t happy lol. Lost an up and down impact player like Quinn for a 4th but gave up a 2nd and 4th (the 4th was a wash) for an idiot like Peters. When you have a guy Iike Donald that can make your whole DL good then I guess it’s not a killer. Similar to K Will for us back in the day. Although he got a lot of help as he aged
-Chazz Palminteri
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Here is another piece for you guys:

[OC] Playing GM: Vikings 2018 Full Offseason
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Funkytown wrote:Here is another piece for you guys:

Wow and I thought my mock was in depth. That guy went over and above. I notice we do have some draft picks and signings in common. However, his mock has us spending a TON of money. Not sure how realistic that is if we sign Cousins like he had us doing. Do like his signing of Nickell Robey Coleman. I had us signing Watkins instead because I like his versatility more. Coleman can only play nickel (no pun intended). Overall, solid mock on his part
-Chazz Palminteri
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Wow and I thought my mock was in depth. That guy went over and above. I notice we do have some draft picks and signings in common. However, his mock has us spending a TON of money. Not sure how realistic that is if we sign Cousins like he had us doing. Do like his signing of Nickell Robey Coleman. I had us signing Watkins instead because I like his versatility more. Coleman can only play nickel (no pun intended). Overall, solid mock on his part

Dudette, you mean. :lol:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Texas Vike wrote:

Wait it's a girl that did all that??
-Chazz Palminteri
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Texas Vike wrote:
Wait it's a girl that did all that??
I don't think she's 11, but, yes, pretty sure Mel (aka FunkyTown) is a female. She used to post here a lot and then made her own board. Hardcore Vike's fan from Iowa, if memory serves right.