QB Going forward

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: QB Going forward

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I'd rather not have Brees as a QB anyways
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Why would you want to go through the same old thing with a QB who's aging out of the league that we did with Favre, with Cunningham, with Moon. You get that guy for one year, two at the most, and you're banking that he'll bring you to the SB and win it for $25-30M probably. Why spend all that money when you can bring back Keenum, who was just as good and better last year, who's 29, and who'll got probably $15-20M tops and you can have him for 4-5 years and give this franchise a real window to work with.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

This is a big question mark. I will say get Alex Smith. If not i'll give Keenum another Case this year to lead this team.
peemypurplepants
Waterboy

Post by peemypurplepants »

Just an FYI on Brees is he cannot be franchise tagged either. Something they put into his last contract. So anybody saying there is no chance the vikings get Brees would be wrong. They have a chance, not as much of a chance as NO, but a chance non the less.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

peemypurplepants wrote:Just an FYI on Brees is he cannot be franchise tagged either. Something they put into his last contract. So anybody saying there is no chance the vikings get Brees would be wrong. They have a chance, not as much of a chance as NO, but a chance non the less.
Yep. It's a long shot but not as long as some here think. He has weapons in Thomas, Ingram, and Kamara so that might keep him around but NO has always had a top offense. He's always lacked a defense.

If I'm Brees, I know my window on winning is closing fast. The Vikings have a great defense he's seen first hand, a brand new stadium and practice facility (soon), and two great receivers to throw to. NO is also one of the few teams to see Dalvin Cook in action.

I think the pitch is pretty simple, did you see what the Vikings did to NO in week 1? You're better than Bradford and Keenum, imagine yourself surrounded by that cast. Not only that, but give him the chance to be part of picking his OC.

Those are some HUGE selling points.