NFC Championship Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: NFC Championship Reaction Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Again, Case isnt worth the Franchise tag. He just isnt.
I see what you are saying, but I just don't think they have a legitimate other option. They need to see if he can duplicate this year's success, and signing him to anything more than one year for that is not feasible. For me, if not Case, then it has to be Sam. I don't have enough faith in Teddy at this point.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Mothman wrote:My reaction: sadly, like many of us, I'm used to this kind of postseason disappointment.

Now I'm already wondering how long it will be before they get another crack at going to the Super Bowl.
Well if history is any guide- probably a decade or so
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Zimmer also has been seriously out coached for the past 2 games. Thats kind of scary. And now looking for a new OC worth a dam, thats going to be hard. We burn through OC's.
Exactly. Horribly out coached

And agreed ever since the 1st half last week the D has looked BRUTAL

Elite? Can you imagine Seattle looking like this in the playoffs ?? Just horrible
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Just Me wrote:It sucks, but honestly - I don't think we could beat the Pats (if we can't stop Foles, how do we expect to stop Brady), and I'd rather not watch the Vikings lose their 5th Super Bowl. Last week was great when we won, but honestly...

1) We needed a miracle to beat the Saints (while we were at home); and
2) We got our collective $$$$s handed to us at the Eagles (with their back-up QB that could only score 15 points the week prior.

Doesn't seem like a strong playoff performance to me. I think we have some pieces in place, but I'd be shocked if we duplicated our record next season.
This is absolutely correct
Question is ... Why? Their D is in their prime and we’re absolutely destroyed tonight with a defensive coach

I think Zim is a good X/O guy but he is simply not a prime time coach. Total choker who should have stayed a coordinator. The guy totally panicks during a press conference why would anyone think he would step up in the playoffs??

Zim has to go. I know this is tough because he’s a likeable guy and solid during the regular season but deep down everyone knows that I’m right
WadeWilson
Practice Squad

Post by WadeWilson »

Mothman wrote:My reaction: sadly, like many of us, I'm used to this kind of postseason disappointment.

Now I'm already wondering how long it will be before they get another crack at going to the Super Bowl.
Well if you look at the pattern, it will probably be around 10 years until they work their way back to the NFC championship game, which they will either gag away with one or more rotten plays, or just fail to show up like this one and 0-41.

If they couldn’t break the trend this year with it in their own stadium, I do not think it will ever happen. Certainly not in my lifetime, and I’m in my early 40s.

Doesn’t seem to matter who is wearing the uniform. None of these teams have the same players but somehow that uniform can just make a dominant tean just suck in the biggest games.
suncoastvike
Practice Squad

Post by suncoastvike »

I'm new here but a long time fan.
I know it hurts. What else can you say. Born and raised in Minnesota. Moved away but never forgot my roots or my up bringing. I was taught young nothing is given to you. Nothing worth having comes easy. If being a Viking fan was easy everyone would do it.
Seen 4 SB loses . Seen all the heartbreak since. I know my people this will not break them. The state stepped up and built the beautiful stadium that they will proudly show the world in 2 weeks. I'm not sure other fan bases would have been so insistent on keeping a team that has broken our hearts so much. They did and they are the MINNESOTA VIKINGS. Not the LA or the Los Vegas whatever's. Stand strong Minnesota and get ready to show the world what true sportsmanship is. I will never lose faith in my team or my people.
''A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and a great quarterback ~ and not necessarily in that order''
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

suncoastvike wrote:I'm new here but a long time fan.
I know it hurts. What else can you say. Born and raised in Minnesota. Moved away but never forgot my roots or my up bringing. I was taught young nothing is given to you. Nothing worth having comes easy. If being a Viking fan was easy everyone would do it.
Seen 4 SB loses . Seen all the heartbreak since. I know my people this will not break them. The state stepped up and built the beautiful stadium that they will proudly show the world in 2 weeks. I'm not sure other fan bases would have been so insistent on keeping a team that has broken our hearts so much. They did and they are the MINNESOTA VIKINGS. Not the LA or the Los Vegas whatever's. Stand strong Minnesota and get ready to show the world what true sportsmanship is. I will never lose faith in my team or my people.
Nice post. At least we have a team to cheer for.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Zim has to go. I know this is tough because he’s a likeable guy and solid during the regular season but deep down everyone knows that I’m right
Completely disagree. Find me a better coach out there right now than Mike Zimmer. Not gonna happen. I can understand if we went 4-12 but we won the NFC North, went 13-3 and were one game away from the Super Bowl. To say he needs to go is asinine. He took this team from the bottom all the way up to legitimate contenders.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

All of you who are so sure the Vikings are done for another decade ... who say they aren't worth following anymore ... I say this.

Put your money where your money where your mouth is and stop following the Minnesota Vikings.

I know we've lost a lot of big games in our history. But the never-ending, insufferable complaining just gets old.

If you don't have the backbone to stick with this team no matter what, then LEAVE.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
VikingPaul73 wrote: Zim has to go. I know this is tough because he’s a likeable guy and solid during the regular season but deep down everyone knows that I’m right
Completely disagree. Find me a better coach out there right now than Mike Zimmer. Not gonna happen. I can understand if we went 4-12 but we won the NFC North, went 13-3 and were one game away from the Super Bowl. To say he needs to go is asinine. He took this team from the bottom all the way up to legitimate contenders.
The problem I have with Zimmer is similar to the problem I had with, Denny Green at the end of his run. He lost the most important game of the year because his forte failed badly. That doesn't happen to good coaches in the postseason. It just doesn't.
Not only that, but you have failed on some kind of level if you can't get your team ready for the game before the Super Bowl, which would have been a home super bowl for the Vikings. I would call this loss worse than 41-0 and maybe even worse than 2009. They had it all there for them. No GB or Dallas in the playoffs. Philly playing with their backup QB. The Minneapolis Miracle, which is a worthless play now.
I get it. 13-3. Yay. What did it get us?

suncoastvike
Practice Squad

Post by suncoastvike »

I'm going to agree. Many lose sight of the fact. In 4 seasons we have won 11 games or more twice. The previous 13 years, once. His worse year was 7-9. The previous 13 years we finished worse 6 times. He's got work to do. Let him do it.
Many a fool has drowned reaching for that shiny coin in the fountain. When you have one just as nice in your pocket.
''A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and a great quarterback ~ and not necessarily in that order''
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Classic Vikings Heartbreak: from the highest of highs (Diggs' 'miracle') to the lowest of lows (this), usually within an infuriating short span.

There is a special suffering associated with being a fan of this team. Today, we suffer together. Time to focus on life's other pursuits and forget... then comes the draft and spring and hope springs eternal. SKOL. :v):
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Texas Vike wrote:Classic Vikings Heartbreak: from the highest of highs (Diggs' 'miracle') to the lowest of lows (this), usually within an infuriating short span.

There is a special suffering associated with being a fan of this team. Today, we suffer together. Time to focus on life's other pursuits and forget... then comes the draft and spring and hope springs eternal. SKOL. :v):
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Well, for starters, the eagles coach
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingPaul73 wrote:
Well, for starters, the eagles coach
Uh ok? And how do you expect him to get on our staff? Point is, you arent finding a better coach out there right now than Mike Zimmer
-Chazz Palminteri