NFC Championship Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: NFC Championship Reaction Thread

Post by 720pete »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I've seen 5 NFCCG losses in my life and I'm 30.

I didn't watch a SECOND of the second half and I never will. I knew it was donut game all over again.

Its hard to not say #### it and be done with it all. We'll be living on the Moon and Mars before a Super Bowl win.

Its over.
I turned it off at halftime too. I am so angry with this franchise.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

allday1991 wrote:]

the guy who got 7 sacks with the most playing time hes ever gotten and was average at best the whole season? would you like to bet on this? This team wont have another 13 win season or better in the next 15-20 years.
Seriously dude. If you’re gonna give up then give up and do us all a favor. Your last comment is asinine. You have no idea. Nor does anyone but to say that is just ridiculous. I get your frustrated but let’s be realistic here. We arent the fricken Browns
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Svt40
Rookie

Post by Svt40 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:We arent the fricken Browns
And I bet the Browns used to say "At least we aren't the Lions!".
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

We survived drew Pierson the Herschel walker trade. Darrin Nelson's drop, Gary Anderson , 41 to 0 the love boat 2009 and this will to pass. I hope there are some answers about the d. Maybe they all had the flu because they played nothing like themselves
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

I can't be disappointed with the season and believe we might be better next year.
I'm very bummed with the loss for a chance to get to the super bowl, I was 19 when we went there the last time!

The Vikings are my team forever, I've never been to a game in MN but have seen them play as a visitor in other stadiums.
You guys need to enjoy the Vikes and I think we are #5 in NFL playoff appearances:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs

:govikes:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

It sucks, but honestly - I don't think we could beat the Pats (if we can't stop Foles, how do we expect to stop Brady), and I'd rather not watch the Vikings lose their 5th Super Bowl. Last week was great when we won, but honestly...

1) We needed a miracle to beat the Saints (while we were at home); and
2) We got our collective $$$$s handed to us at the Eagles (with their back-up QB that could only score 15 points the week prior.

Doesn't seem like a strong playoff performance to me. I think we have some pieces in place, but I'd be shocked if we duplicated our record next season.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Thor88
Practice Squad

Post by Thor88 »

Just Me wrote:It sucks, but honestly - I don't think we could beat the Pats (if we can't stop Foles, how do we expect to stop Brady), and I'd rather not watch the Vikings lose their 5th Super Bowl. Last week was great when we won, but honestly...

2) We got our collective $$$$s handed to us at the Eagles (with their back-up QB that could only score 15 points the week prior.

Doesn't seem like a strong playoff performance to me. I think we have some pieces in place, but I'd be shocked if we duplicated our record next season.
our schedule is going to be much much tougher next year and I think our division will be a lot tougher as well. it could lead to a mediocre Year away games against Seattle, rams, patriots, and eagles.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Thor88 wrote:
Just Me wrote:It sucks, but honestly - I don't think we could beat the Pats (if we can't stop Foles, how do we expect to stop Brady), and I'd rather not watch the Vikings lose their 5th Super Bowl. Last week was great when we won, but honestly...

our schedule is going to be much much tougher next year and I think our division will be a lot tougher as well. it could lead to a mediocre Year away games against Seattle, rams, patriots, and eagles.
What if we win those games?
Thor88
Practice Squad

Post by Thor88 »

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Thor88 wrote:

What if we win those games?
only time will tell but with us losing a OC it'll be kinda a regrouping year again. imo. I'll be surprised with a 10-6 season.
Tbolt
Waterboy

Post by Tbolt »

This was all too reminiscent of the NYG Championship. I had a bad feeling all day, especially after the Jax loss. But, I just don’t know how a game like that happens. After Keemun got hit and fumbled, they needed a quick 3 and out. When they couldn’t get it, I knew it as going to be a L. Some games you can see how they will go early on. Still, a blowout second half? Damn...
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

This was the second largest margin of victory blowout for an NFC championship game since the 2000 41- donut debacle. The first being Carolina beating the Cards in 2015, 49-15.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I've seen 5 NFCCG losses in my life and I'm 30.

I didn't watch a SECOND of the second half and I never will. I knew it was donut game all over again.

Its hard to not say #### it and be done with it all. We'll be living on the Moon and Mars before a Super Bowl win.

Its over.
I've seen 4 Super Bowl losses and 5 NFCCG losses now. It never gets easier. Matter of fact, I couldn't watch the second half of tonight's game. Fortunately a friend called and needed help with something. Once they had the pick 6 and we went out the next series I knew the game was over. Just a gut feeling. They played flat, were out pushed on the line. I've seen it before. Home field advantage means more than people think.

But, that being said, I have to look at the fact that we made it to the NFCCG with a back-up QB and our number one RB out for most of the year. Can any other team come close to saying that? Has another team ever done that before? I only wish I knew who the QB was going to be next year.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

Coming from a falcons Fan, I know this one hurts, nut you guys will be alright...may not have a season like this next year but the Vikings will still compete. I am interested to see if they try and keep Case there over the others.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Again, Case isnt worth the Franchise tag. He just isnt.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I'm sorry, but the more I think about this, the more pissed I get at the coaching staff. This was a horrendous display by what was supposed to be a good team defensively. I honestly wonder if Mike Zimmer will recover from this. Remember in 2000,when Denny Green's teams were built on offense? Well his team was shut out. He never recovered and lost his job less than one year later. This team is built on defense. That is Zimmer Forte. The this his calling. They allowed 38 (really 31 but who cares) points to a team that scored 15 a week earlier to an average defense. When it mattered most, Zimmer's team gave ip 62 points in 6 quarters. Good, championship caliber coaches don't lose control like that. Belicheck would never lose a playoff game like that. He coached his team to not lose, rather than to win. Good coaches don't do that.. He's clearly not losing his job but if Spelman woke up tomorrow and decided to fire him, I would not cry about it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018