NFC Championship Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: NFC Championship Reaction Thread

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Zimmer also has been seriously out coached for the past 2 games. Thats kind of scary. And now looking for a new OC worth a dam, thats going to be hard. We burn through OC's.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Zimmer also has been seriously out coached for the past 2 games. Thats kind of scary. And now looking for a new OC worth a dam, thats going to be hard. We burn through OC's.
I'd be all for Zimmer as a DC, but as a head coach, I'm done with him.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Dmizzle0 wrote:I feel bad for the old time vikings fans. I know going through so many heartbreaks, its hard to look at the bright side with this team. But I feel like we'll come back stronger next season.
From this old-time Vikings fan, thank you.

I feel the same way. We'll be stronger next year.

And the delusion continues, just as it has for 49 years.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Our run game was weak, I think if Cook was playing, it would've been a different story.

Our D especially Rhodes was hurt and the Eagles took advantage of it.

Foles was a Pro Bowl QB with the eagles so IDK why people are surprised that he played decent.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Dmizzle0 wrote:Our run game was weak, I think if Cook was playing, it would've been a different story.

Foles was a Pro Bowl QB with the eagles so IDK why people are surprised that he played decent.
Teddy was a pro bowl QB for us, and I dont really want him for us next year, other then a backup. We need a QB with a strong arm. I wonder how good Slotter is. Never hear a thing about him. I dont know if hes accurate or not. He seems to be a good size for a QB. But whoever plays, has to play behind a better Oline. They decided to suck about the same time as our Dline did.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Dmizzle0 wrote:Our run game was weak, I think if Cook was playing, it would've been a different story.

Decent? decent? decent? I cant with this homerism, if you can anyway think foles having a 130 passer rating against the number one defense is justifiable or considered a decent game there is no hope.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:Zimmer also has been seriously out coached for the past 2 games. Thats kind of scary. And now looking for a new OC worth a dam, thats going to be hard. We burn through OC's.
I'd be all for Zimmer as a DC, but as a head coach, I'm done with him.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
:roll: Brought us to an NFC championship and a 13-3 record but done with him as a head coach? Makes sense
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Teddy was a pro bowl QB for us, and I dont really want him for us next year, other then a backup. We need a QB with a strong arm. I wonder how good Slotter is. Never hear a thing about him. I dont know if hes accurate or not. He seems to be a good size for a QB. But whoever plays, has to play behind a better Oline. They decided to suck about the same time as our Dline did.
TBH d-line was the biggest fall off for me, we where wrecking qbs with pressure early in the year and sacked stafford 6 times in one game i believe. The end of the year Griffen looked like a dud and Hunter had a very un impressive season. Linval even looked like ####, very concerning.
Thor88
Practice Squad

Post by Thor88 »

I feel like this was our best shot for the foreseeable future to win it all. gonna be lots of changes now for the team and a brutal brutal schedule next year I doubt we even make the playoffs

at least we kinda avenged the saints game in 09
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Thor88 wrote:I feel like this was our best shot for the foreseeable future to win it all. gonna be lots of changes now for the team and a brutal brutal schedule next year I doubt we even make the playoffs

I've pointed this out a few times, sick of hearing the we will come back stronger next year argument. I am willing to bet this defense isn't top 10 next year, whoever the qb is wont get as good protection from the o-line (like in the beginning of the season) and digs and theilen will regress stats wise all resorting in a 9-7 season, bank on it.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Thor88 wrote:I feel like this was our best shot for the foreseeable future to win it all. gonna be lots of changes now for the team and a brutal brutal schedule next year I doubt we even make the playoffs

I feel like we had a better shot in 09. To me, that lost was much worse. I had a migraine for about two days after that game.

Also Eagles played Keenum today the way we were supposed to play Foles.
Last edited by Dmizzle0 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

allday1991 wrote:

I've pointed this out a few times, sick of hearing the we will come back stronger next year argument. I am willing to bet this defense isn't top 10 next year, whoever the qb is wont get as good protection from the o-line (like in the beginning of the season) and digs and theilen will regress stats wise all resorting in a 9-7 season, bank on it.
Depending on who our OC is next season, yes, we will be as strong, if not stronger than next season.

Danielle Hunter will make the Pro Bowl next season.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

kidfozzy. wrote:
allday1991 wrote:

Depending on who our OC is next season, yes, we will be as strong, if not stronger than next season.

Danielle Hunter will make the Pro Bowl next season.
the guy who got 7 sacks with the most playing time hes ever gotten and was average at best the whole season? would you like to bet on this? This team wont have another 13 win season or better in the next 15-20 years.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I've seen 5 NFCCG losses in my life and I'm 30.

I didn't watch a SECOND of the second half and I never will. I knew it was donut game all over again.

Its hard to not say #### it and be done with it all. We'll be living on the Moon and Mars before a Super Bowl win.

Its over.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

The core of our team is intact. We have a few things to figure out.
The play tonight wasn't indicative of what our team can be.

The defensive play has been disappointing the last 6 quarters.
The offensive line is still a work in progress. But much improved over last year.