New OC Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: New OC Thread

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:So why is it limited to those three?

It isn't, those are just names that have come up in the press and here on the board. Saints assistant head coach/tight ends coach Dan Campbell has been rumored to be in the mix for the job and so has Texans quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Mothman wrote:Saints assistant head coach/tight ends coach Dan Campbell has been rumored to be in the mix for the job
Sweet. He must be bring Brees with him. Hire him now! :lol:
Damian
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mansquatch wrote:So why is it limited to those three? I think it is a mistake if the Vikings say "well these are the three guys, so let's choose the least bad." If that is the case, then they should either promote someone currently on the staff or broaden the search and try to find a the next big things vs. one of these re-treads.

As I said before, this roster is a huge opportunity. They should have the pick of the litter and they should act like it.
I dont think its limited at all. They have already expressed interest in a handful of candidates. I highly, highly doubt they are just going to choose the "least bad" of the 3
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Dames wrote:
Mothman wrote:Saints assistant head coach/tight ends coach Dan Campbell has been rumored to be in the mix for the job
Sweet. He must be bring Brees with him. Hire him now! :lol:
Y'know, I really don't think I'd want the Vikings to sign Brees, mainly because the last time we signed a 39-year-old future HOFer, it didn't end up that well.

But it WAS interesting how Brees and several Vikings were looking awfully chummy during Pro Bowl week. And that Brees tossed a TD pass to Thielen. And several nice balls to Kyle Rudolph. Instant chemistry?

No. Forget it. Not gonna happen.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Dan Campbell interviews with the Vikings is today. I think he is the last on the list.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@christomasson
44m
A source close to the situation doesn't believe #Vikings will make announcement on the offensive coordinator they will hire until next week after Super Bowl. Interviewed have been Darrell Bevell Kevin Stefanski Sean Ryan & Dan Campbell, the last one meeting with Mike Zimmer today

Well that sucks....I was hoping we would hear something this week.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Oh man, KAO 2.0 is coming. I just know it. :cry:
Denardus
Backup

Post by Denardus »

JDLon
Rookie

Post by JDLon »

Just seen an interesting comment from Adam Schefter:
Vikings would like to talk with Eagles' QB coach John DeFilippo about their OC job but cannot do so until 10 days after Philadelphia's season ends, which would be Feb 14, per league source. Right now Vikings appear willing to wait
It looks like it's complicated because he's a QB coach - therefore normally the Eagles could just deny us access to him (as apparently they did to teams last year) but as he's in the last season of his contract we can wait the ten days post-season.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

JDLon wrote:Just seen an interesting comment from Adam Schefter:
Vikings would like to talk with Eagles' QB coach John DeFilippo about their OC job but cannot do so until 10 days after Philadelphia's season ends, which would be Feb 14, per league source. Right now Vikings appear willing to wait
It looks like it's complicated because he's a QB coach - therefore normally the Eagles could just deny us access to him (as apparently they did to teams last year) but as he's in the last season of his contract we can wait the ten days post-season.
Probably a good hire, but also probably another one and done before taking a HC job. I hate how gimmicky NFL offenses have become though. Its so frustrating to watch how genuinely helpless good NFL defenses are when matched up against an offense that efficiently runs all kinds of rub routes and RPOs and hurry up offense etc. It works so well that its obviously the way of the future as long as defenses aren't allowed to punish offensive players to keep things honest. I guess its the new normal, and DeFilippo, given his background, should clearly knows how to run it.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

JDLon wrote:Just seen an interesting comment from Adam Schefter:
How is it that teams can talk to Shurmur before our championship game but we have to wait 10 days after their season is over?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote:
How is it that teams can talk to Shurmur before our championship game but we have to wait 10 days after their season is over?

Exactly.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

How did Detroit already hire Matt Patricia as there head coach?, why do the Eagles get 10 days?
SkolVikings69
Practice Squad

Post by SkolVikings69 »

Husker Vike wrote:How did Detroit already hire Matt Patricia as there head coach?, why do the Eagles get 10 days?
They likely talked to him during the prior window when Shurmur was being interviewed. We didn’t talk to anyone during that window because we didn’t know we wouldn’t have an OC.
SkolVikings69
Practice Squad

Post by SkolVikings69 »

This is old, but references the rules. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... llow-rules