Would you rather...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Would you rather...

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Obviously we all want a Purple win tomorrow.
But I remember a few of my exes and I debating on something...
If the Vikings are going to lose tomorrow, would you rather lose like we did against the Saints in 2009 (close, but heartbreak), or in 2000 against the Giants (never in the game, completely destroyed)?
For me I'd rather is be like 2000. I have almost completely forgotten that game because is was such a joke.
What do you all think?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Would you rather...

Post by Just Me »

I realize that I'm not actually answering your question, but we are not losing like we did in 2000. We could lose, but this squad is too good for that kind of loss.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Just Me wrote:I realize that I'm not actually answering your question, but we are not losing like we did in 2000. We could lose, but this squad is too good for that kind of loss.
Agree. Only way they could lose by more than 10 is if they have a lot of turnovers.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I would rather get blown out, but dont see that happening. Losing a close game like the Saints did last week sucks. Well unless it happens to the Saint, or Packers. Or the Eagles. It seems like they have owned the Vikings as long as I have been alive.
Spiny Norman
Practice Squad

Post by Spiny Norman »

Just Me wrote:We could lose, but this squad is too good for that kind of loss.
More and more, it's looking like the Vikings will go up by 10 and then reap the rewards a panicky PHI offense deals out. It's a runaway, 37 to 16, going from 9 to 16 in the final garbage minutes. Eagles will try to strike deep on a couple early drives, because of our Miracle and various penis length worries. Each of those should result in a punt. Eagles halftime adjustment will be a return to the short pass which confused Atlanta, but where we do have speed is in the LBs, ensuring more eaglet misery. I think we're going to crush them. Skol
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Spiny Norman wrote:
More and more, it's looking like the Vikings will go up by 10 and then reap the rewards a panicky PHI offense deals out. It's a runaway, 37 to 16, going from 9 to 16 in the final garbage minutes. Eagles will try to strike deep on a couple early drives, because of our Miracle and various penis length worries. Each of those should result in a punt. Eagles halftime adjustment will be a return to the short pass which confused Atlanta, but where we do have speed is in the LBs, ensuring more eaglet misery. I think we're going to crush them. Skol
Dang, dude. You're confident!

I predicted a 10+ point win against the Saints. I was going to be right until the last part of the third quarter. Then it all fell apart. Almost.

Hope you're right. Would love to relax halfway through the game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
Dang, dude. You're confident!

I predicted a 10+ point win against the Saints. I was going to be right until the last part of the third quarter. Then it all fell apart. Almost.

Hope you're right. Would love to relax halfway through the game.

I would like to get some sleep tonight.

With visions of Super Bowl Bowl trophies dancing in my head.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

<Sigh> :(

It turns out the Vikings weren't too good for that kind of loss. Sucks they picked the NFC Championship to play their worst game of the season.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I’m glad they lost like they did in total blowout fashion

1. It proves they didn’t belong. No questioning or wondering if this happened or that happened....it was a blow out they clearly didn’t even belong on the same field. It sucks but at least we know that there really wasn’t a chance

2. Maybe this will be enough to show ziggy that Rick and Zim just aren’t the answer . A close loss and he’d be thinking.../maybe ? But a loss like this and he HAS to know that Zim will never get it done
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingPaul73 wrote:I’m glad they lost like they did in total blowout fashion

1. It proves they didn’t belong. No questioning or wondering if this happened or that happened....it was a blow out they clearly didn’t even belong on the same field. It sucks but at least we know that there really wasn’t a chance

2. Maybe this will be enough to show ziggy that Rick and Zim just aren’t the answer . A close loss and he’d be thinking.../maybe ? But a loss like this and he HAS to know that Zim will never get it done
I just don't see them firing either any time soon. Nor do I think they should. I mean who would you like to see as the head coach?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.