View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Would you rather...  
Author Message
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18250
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Would you rather...
Obviously we all want a Purple win tomorrow.
But I remember a few of my exes and I debating on something...
If the Vikings are going to lose tomorrow, would you rather lose like we did against the Saints in 2009 (close, but heartbreak), or in 2000 against the Giants (never in the game, completely destroyed)?
For me I'd rather is be like 2000. I have almost completely forgotten that game because is was such a joke.
What do you all think?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6090
Post Re: Would you rather...
I realize that I'm not actually answering your question, but we are not losing like we did in 2000. We could lose, but this squad is too good for that kind of loss.

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 298
Post Re: Would you rather...
Just Me wrote:
I realize that I'm not actually answering your question, but we are not losing like we did in 2000. We could lose, but this squad is too good for that kind of loss.


Agree. Only way they could lose by more than 10 is if they have a lot of turnovers.

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:07 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 8229
Post Re: Would you rather...
I would rather get blown out, but dont see that happening. Losing a close game like the Saints did last week sucks. Well unless it happens to the Saint, or Packers. Or the Eagles. It seems like they have owned the Vikings as long as I have been alive.


Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 am
Profile
Practice Squad

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:15 am
Posts: 19
Post Re: Would you rather...
Just Me wrote:
We could lose, but this squad is too good for that kind of loss.


More and more, it's looking like the Vikings will go up by 10 and then reap the rewards a panicky PHI offense deals out. It's a runaway, 37 to 16, going from 9 to 16 in the final garbage minutes. Eagles will try to strike deep on a couple early drives, because of our Miracle and various penis length worries. Each of those should result in a punt. Eagles halftime adjustment will be a return to the short pass which confused Atlanta, but where we do have speed is in the LBs, ensuring more eaglet misery. I think we're going to crush them. Skol


Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:58 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6853
Post Re: Would you rather...
Spiny Norman wrote:
Just Me wrote:
We could lose, but this squad is too good for that kind of loss.


More and more, it's looking like the Vikings will go up by 10 and then reap the rewards a panicky PHI offense deals out. It's a runaway, 37 to 16, going from 9 to 16 in the final garbage minutes. Eagles will try to strike deep on a couple early drives, because of our Miracle and various penis length worries. Each of those should result in a punt. Eagles halftime adjustment will be a return to the short pass which confused Atlanta, but where we do have speed is in the LBs, ensuring more eaglet misery. I think we're going to crush them. Skol

Dang, dude. You're confident!

I predicted a 10+ point win against the Saints. I was going to be right until the last part of the third quarter. Then it all fell apart. Almost.

Hope you're right. Would love to relax halfway through the game.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:12 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:24 am
Posts: 1555
Location: south minneapolis
Post Re: Would you rather...
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
Just Me wrote:
We could lose, but this squad is too good for that kind of loss.


More and more, it's looking like the Vikings will go up by 10 and then reap the rewards a panicky PHI offense deals out. It's a runaway, 37 to 16, going from 9 to 16 in the final garbage minutes. Eagles will try to strike deep on a couple early drives, because of our Miracle and various penis length worries. Each of those should result in a punt. Eagles halftime adjustment will be a return to the short pass which confused Atlanta, but where we do have speed is in the LBs, ensuring more eaglet misery. I think we're going to crush them. Skol

Dang, dude. You're confident!

I predicted a 10+ point win against the Saints. I was going to be right until the last part of the third quarter. Then it all fell apart. Almost.

Hope you're right. Would love to relax halfway through the game.



I would like to get some sleep tonight.

With visions of Super Bowl Bowl trophies dancing in my head.

_________________
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."


Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:55 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6090
Post Re: Would you rather...
<Sigh> :(

It turns out the Vikings weren't too good for that kind of loss. Sucks they picked the NFC Championship to play their worst game of the season.

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:46 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:07 pm
Posts: 2923
Post Re: Would you rather...
I’m glad they lost like they did in total blowout fashion

1. It proves they didn’t belong. No questioning or wondering if this happened or that happened....it was a blow out they clearly didn’t even belong on the same field. It sucks but at least we know that there really wasn’t a chance

2. Maybe this will be enough to show ziggy that Rick and Zim just aren’t the answer . A close loss and he’d be thinking.../maybe ? But a loss like this and he HAS to know that Zim will never get it done


Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:46 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 298
Post Re: Would you rather...
VikingPaul73 wrote:
I’m glad they lost like they did in total blowout fashion

1. It proves they didn’t belong. No questioning or wondering if this happened or that happened....it was a blow out they clearly didn’t even belong on the same field. It sucks but at least we know that there really wasn’t a chance

2. Maybe this will be enough to show ziggy that Rick and Zim just aren’t the answer . A close loss and he’d be thinking.../maybe ? But a loss like this and he HAS to know that Zim will never get it done


I just don't see them firing either any time soon. Nor do I think they should. I mean who would you like to see as the head coach?

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], halfgiz and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.