Next years QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Next years QB

Post by S197 »

Another plus in the Cousins battle for the Vikings is 9 guaranteed indoor games a year (home + Detroit). He won't get that in New York, Denver, or Cleveland.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

NFL.com speculating Cousins wants a short contract so he can "double dip." If this is the case, I would pass on him as it would show he isn't in it to win but for the money. Again, this is just speculation but if the Vikings go all in, I want it to be on a guy who is also willing to go all in, not someone looking at his next move in 2 years.
SkolVikings69
Practice Squad

Next years QB

Post by SkolVikings69 »

NFL: 3 of 4 conference championship teams start
backups or journeyman and the 4th starts a QB who gets paid like a tier three starter
Vikings fans: OMG we need to make the 12th best QB in the NFL the league’s highest paid player or we’ll never be successful
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

SkolVikings69 wrote:NFL: 3 of 4 conference championship teams start
backups or journeyman and the 4th starts a QB who gets paid like a tier three starter
Vikings fans: OMG we need to make the 12th best QB in the NFL the league’s highest paid player or we’ll never be successful
Ikr.
TBH I am starting to think Sam may be the best option for the Vikings. The window is open now and will likely close within three seasons. Sam should be fairly cheap and we can go for a backup like Glennon or even Teddy if he doesn't get a starting job.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

All that press conference was in the end was an undying loyalty to by far the worst of the 3 QB's--Teddy. Zim wants Teddy back how freaking obvious can it be? He said something along the lines of money is a factor, because he doesn't want the defense effected. Well, who will come cheapest? And for him to say that about Bradford's knee is just plain wrong, even if it is true. Bradford deserves his fair shake on the open market just like everyone else. Here is my prediction and I've been in line with this all along-Zim is in love with Teddy, and as a result will lose his job after this next season because Teddy sucks as an NFL quarterback. At least Zim is aware enough to predict his own demise. He hurt Bradfords market value, and debased Keenum all in one press conference. If he brings Teddy in as the number 1 he shouldn't be our coach any longer.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Ikr.
TBH I am starting to think Sam may be the best option for the Vikings. The window is open now and will likely close within three seasons. Sam should be fairly cheap and we can go for a backup like Glennon or even Teddy if he doesn't get a starting job.

Are you kidding? I can guarantee you Sam will be cheaper then Case or Cousins. Because EVERY single teams hes played for he gotten injured and cant stay healthy enough to make it to the big dance. He bet on him big time and lost. Get the hell over Sam already.
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

mosscarter wrote:All that press conference was in the end was an undying loyalty to by far the worst of the 3 QB's--Teddy. Zim wants Teddy back how freaking obvious can it be? He said something along the lines of money is a factor, because he doesn't want the defense effected. Well, who will come cheapest? And for him to say that about Bradford's knee is just plain wrong, even if it is true. Bradford deserves his fair shake on the open market just like everyone else. Here is my prediction and I've been in line with this all along-Zim is in love with Teddy, and as a result will lose his job after this next season because Teddy sucks as an NFL quarterback. At least Zim is aware enough to predict his own demise. He hurt Bradfords market value, and debased Keenum all in one press conference. If he brings Teddy in as the number 1 he shouldn't be our coach any longer.
Bradford's health is the biggest impact on his market value...Zim said Bradford is sking...which is amazing because if I were Bradford's agent I would advise him to get in a bubble boy ball and not get out until training camp.

He seemed to be rightfulyl critcal of all QBs. Zim and Rick will be partial to Teddy as they traded up to draft him, but all the comments seem as objective as a head coach can be.

On Keenum:
‘‘It’s just kind of guessing: Is he the guy when he was at Houston or the Rams or is he the guy who played for us? Is it because he had a good team around him?”

Sam
“But it’s his history of being hurt. That’s the monkey wrench in the whole thing. Can you believe he’s going to play the 15 games he did two years ago, or he’s going to play the one game where he hit the turf this year? That’s the big dilemma.”

Teddy
“Him not playing for two years and not being able to see him play in live situations, that’s concerning a little bit. But I love the guy. He’s a great kid, great competitor, a winner.”

http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer- ... 475550173/
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

It's funny how different the interpretations of that press conference can be.

To me, Zim's comments on Teddy indicate that he thinks Teddy's career with the Vikings, and perhaps in the NFL, is over. That's why he's saying he loves the kid--it's hard for him to come to terms with that fact. :confused:
Rock45
Rookie

Post by Rock45 »

Texas Vike wrote:It's funny how different the interpretations of that press conference can be.

To me, Zim's comments on Teddy indicate that he thinks Teddy's career with the Vikings, and perhaps in the NFL, is over. That's why he's saying he loves the kid--it's hard for him to come to terms with that fact. :confused:
yep.
Rock45
Rookie

Post by Rock45 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Ikr.

Are you kidding? I can guarantee you Sam will be cheaper then Case or Cousins. Because EVERY single teams hes played for he gotten injured and cant stay healthy enough to make it to the big dance. He bet on him big time and lost. Get the hell over Sam already.
A healthy Sam behind an improved O-line will put Sam in the top 10 of qb's in the league and perhaps near the top 5. I don't think anyone's going to get over that because it's worth considering.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Actually, the most surprising information from that presser was the little nugget that Zimmer dropped about Sam skiing in WY.

If the guy is skiing, you'd think his knee is feeling fine.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Texas Vike wrote:Actually, the most surprising information from that presser was the little nugget that Zimmer dropped about Sam skiing in WY.

If the guy is skiing, you'd think his knee is feeling fine.
Just wonder how much time Sam spent skiing or was he mostly hanging out?
Also tells me Zim has been in contact with Sam if he knows he is skiing.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

soflavike wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:Eric Thompson@eric_j_thompson
2h2 hours ago

Fun with stats:

Kirk Cousins has thrown for over 4,000 yards and 25 TDs with an INT percentage under 2.5% each of the past three seasons.

The #Vikings have had three such seasons in their 57 years of being an NFL franchise.

(2004 Culpepper, 2009 Favre, and...1995 Warren Moon.)
And we didn't get any further than we did Case Keenum this past season.

Yards and TD/INT percentages are nice, but they don't determine win/loss records or playoff success. Daunte lost in the Divisional round to the Eagles, Favre threw the NFC Championship away with a stupid pick and Moon led us to an 8-8 record and no playoffs (4th in the Division).

Case Keenum won games this year. He went 11-3 as a starter, for Pete's sake. That's what I look at.
Same here. I'm still not sold that Cousins is a savior. Like I said before, I believe his stats are padded, he may rub people the wrong way, his performance under pressure is suspect, and his W/L record is not very encouraging. Vikings have a solid team so that's the one thing I have hope for. He could thrive in Minnesota. But he doesn't look the type that can carry a team. I mean really, he's just the best one available right now, and for that price? I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'd be more inclined to sign Bradford, Bridgewater, or Keenum short term and move up in the draft and get a franchise QB when there's an opportunity (doesn't have to be this year). I really don't see a small window for the Vikings. Patience.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014