Next years QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Next years QB

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I loved Jimmy G in that years draft. Hes only gotten better with the coaching staff and mentor he had. Vikings simply cant find anyone worth a sh!t in the draft.
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

mosscarter wrote:The news is already out that they aren't using the franchise tag, how about discussing something relevant?
thank god. the idea of case keenum getting the franchise tag :steamed:

Counsins said he's about winning over money--if thats true, let's hope he signs for 25m/yr or less so we can get him help on the o-line. At that rate he will still be paid top 5 for his position.

I would like to move on from Case, Teddy, and Bradford but if they come in at <20m/yr it will help the overall team. This is a couple years old, but if someone can send this to Counsins that would be great
https://overthecap.com/super-bowl-title ... rterbacks/
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:[quote="PurpleMustReign”] Stupidity?
You know, it kills me that guys are critical of my responses to others but you and PK are throwing out insults towards others on here and it’s ok in your eyes.

I would say it’s recognizing talent when you see it. Nick Foles has been a mediocre at best backup. Jimmy G has gone 7-0 and led a 1-10 team, let me repeat....a 1-10 team to a 5-0 record to end the year. Foles has been up and down. Same with case. That’s yet to happen with Garappolo. But yeah let’s throw a 2nd away for Foles all because he won a SB after taking over the #1 team in the nfl at the end of the year. Makes sense. About as much sense as relying on Teddy Bridgewater this year

But soon we’ll all get to witness how “stupid” the 49ers really are :roll:
[/quote]Was he talking about you? I assumed he was talking about thec49ers for paying garrapolo so much money. I don't remember you saying you liked Jimmy that much.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I think Jimmy is going to be the next big thing at QB
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I loved Jimmy G in that years draft. Hes only gotten better with the coaching staff and mentor he had. Vikings simply cant find anyone worth a sh!t in the draft.
Well we also haven’t drafted a QB in 7 years
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PHP put quotes were messed up but I wasn't calling you stupid, I was calling the idea of making a player who has played in 7 games his entire career the most highly paid player in NFL history stupid. I would be livid if the Vikings did that. Idk the details of the contract but I would hope it is highly incentive laden.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:I loved Jimmy G in that years draft. Hes only gotten better with the coaching staff and mentor he had. Vikings simply cant find anyone worth a sh!t in the draft.
Im not talking about just the past 7 years. Im talking about my time as a Vikings fan.
Last edited by PurpleKoolaid on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Let me qualify by saying Case had a tremendous year and some of the plays in this compilation aren't his fault (e.g. DB breaks off coverage after ball is thrown making receiver appear open, pressure forces him away from open receiver, etc) but there are still a lot of plays where Case flat out missed the deep read or simply under threw the WR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... derthrows/

Stop screwing around with the QB carousel we've had for more than a decade and pay a bonafide QB to come here and solidify things. Yeah Cousins isn't cheap but his body of work is impressive. You aren't going to see QBs of his caliber hit free agency often, strike while the iron is hot!
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

S197 wrote:Let me qualify by saying Case had a tremendous year and some of the plays in this compilation aren't his fault (e.g. DB breaks off coverage after ball is thrown making receiver appear open, pressure forces him away from open receiver, etc) but there are still a lot of plays where Case flat out missed the deep read or simply under threw the WR.

Stop screwing around with the QB carousel we've had for more than a decade and pay a bonafide QB to come here and solidify things. Yeah Cousins isn't cheap but his body of work is impressive. You aren't going to see QBs of his caliber hit free agency often, strike while the iron is hot!

man...some of those were hard to watch. I think with the money coming off the books (Floyd, Robison) Restructure or cut Wright, Rudolph, Murray and maybe let Barr walk I think that will make up the difference between Keenum and Cousins in pay.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

ocampo82 wrote:
S197 wrote:Let me qualify by saying Case had a tremendous year and some of the plays in this compilation aren't his fault (e.g. DB breaks off coverage after ball is thrown making receiver appear open, pressure forces him away from open receiver, etc) but there are still a lot of plays where Case flat out missed the deep read or simply under threw the WR.

man...some of those were hard to watch. I think with the money coming off the books (Floyd, Robison) Restructure or cut Wright, Rudolph, Murray and maybe let Barr walk I think that will make up the difference between Keenum and Cousins in pay.
They better not let Barr walk. Still, I don't trust cousins any ore than Keenum. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mosscarter wrote:The news is already out that they aren't using the franchise tag, how about discussing something relevant?
There you go again.

I guess you've now graduated from unsubstantiated opinions to flat-out fake news.
Arthur Arkush via Twitter wrote:My understanding is #Vikings won’t be using the tag on any of their FA quarterbacks. We’ll see though.
The same article as the Twitter quote wrote:Arkush also covers the NFC North for USA TODAY Sports Weekly, so he is quite familiar with the Vikings and their current situation. But for now, this piece of info should be taken as nothing more than a rumor.
The lone article this rumor appears in.

Any other bullsh!t you want to spring on us?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

Well Kapp, they obviously aren't using it on Teddy and it would be shocking if they used it on Bradford, so I'm not sure that the original article had either of those two in mind. We'll see, I don't see them giving Case 23 million. If they wanted to franchise Case in my view they would have taken that route already. The number isn't going to change, so why would they wait? Someone will throw money at him as soon as free agency opens up it always happens with QB's.
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

Alright! Another name in the mix seems to be AJ McCarron according to Ian Rappaport.

Sigh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm assuming you meant to say something else because they've drafted 2 in the past 7 years, both in the first round. Ponder was drafted in 2011 and Bridgewater was drafted in 2014. I realize were 1.5 months into 2018 but that's still two first round QBs in the last 7 drafts.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

ocampo82 wrote:

Didn't click on the link but I know what it's going to show. The non PI to Diggs vs DET (and several that will look the same) and receivers running wide open down the field. I don't think the Vikings need a perfect QB. This group of receivers seem to get open consistently. I'd like to see a QB that can hit these receivers in stride, especially when they get wide open down the field. So many yards (and a few TDs) left on the field because the receiver had to slow down and adjust to the ball.

Still, the Vikings were 2 bad plays from going into the half with a good lead vs PHI in the Championship game. Beef up the OL and DL and I think the Vikings could make a good run with Keenum.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mosscarter wrote:Well Kapp, they obviously aren't using it on Teddy and it would be shocking if they used it on Bradford, so I'm not sure that the original article had either of those two in mind. We'll see, I don't see them giving Case 23 million. If they wanted to franchise Case in my view they would have taken that route already. The number isn't going to change, so why would they wait? Someone will throw money at him as soon as free agency opens up it always happens with QB's.
So it's your opinion that they won't use the tag on Case Keenum. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But you presented this as news, which is is most definitely not. Then you insulted everybody by saying, "how about discussing something relevant?"

And if you've got news, it's really helpful to provide a link. Of course, if you'd have done that, everybody would have seen what a lame source it was.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.