Next years QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Next years QB

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Maelstrom88 wrote:
ThePiper wrote:I'm watching NFL countdown right now on ESPN, and Adam Schefter just reported that the Vikings are believed to be using the franchise tag on Keenum for next year.
Smart imo.
I think it's the smartest move. What would that mean for Teddy or Sam then?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
ThePiper
Transition Player

Post by ThePiper »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I think it's the smartest move. What would that mean for Teddy or Sam then?
Agreed. He had said something along the lines that they will most likely let Bradford walk, but could possibly re-sign Teddy if he came at a good price. I am sure that part is more speculation than anything, but it makes sense to me.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

ThePiper wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:I think it's the smartest move. What would that mean for Teddy or Sam then?
Agreed. He had said something along the lines that they will most likely let Bradford walk, but could possibly re-sign Teddy if he came at a good price. I am sure that part is more speculation than anything, but it makes sense to me.
Yeah. Tell Teddy that they're gonna let Keenum prove it again all next year but there's a chance Teddy could still start if Keenum regresses.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

If this is the case I bet Teddy will walk, but I know for one I won't miss him.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

No team, not even the Browns will want Teddy as a Starting QB.
ThePiper
Transition Player

Post by ThePiper »

Laserman wrote:No team, not even the Browns will want Teddy as a Starting QB.
Yep. It is to risky the pay the guy starting QB money. Just being honest here, but no one really knows what they will be getting in Teddy. He is unproven and of course, the injury. But on that note, I would gladly take him back on a cheap prove-it deal, just not as the starter.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I wouldnt say that. Teddy wasnt horrible with the Vikes, and the coaches didnt let him call audibles, or take shots downfield. The Vikes took a HUGE chance on a injury prone QB, who is better then Teddy but still a chance. It didnt work out for us, but I can see a team desperate for a QB getting and starting Teddy right away. Its what we would do if we didnt have case next year.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I wouldnt say that. Teddy wasnt horrible with the Vikes, and the coaches didnt let him call audibles, or take shots downfield. The Vikes took a HUGE chance on a injury prone QB, who is better then Teddy but still a chance. It didnt work out for us, but I can see a team desperate for a QB getting and starting Teddy right away. Its what we would do if we didnt have case next year.
I could too, in fact I could see it being Cleveland.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I could too, in fact I could see it being Cleveland.

I could see it except for one reason -- Cleveland has two of the top 5 picks, and this is a deep, talented quarterback class. Either Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen would seem to be the next Browns quarterback, but you never know. They could trade one or both picks. I just don't see it.

Arizona could be a landing spot. Washington if they don't re-sign Cousins. Denver?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

This now becomes the hottest topic in Viking land.

I’m not blaming this loss on Keenum, but maybe this game is a sign he’s not our guy. I don’t think there is a “right” answer here, so I’m going to put trust in our coaches and Rick to make the best decision.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Purple Domination wrote:This now becomes the hottest topic in Viking land.

I’m not blaming this loss on Keenum, but maybe this game is a sign he’s not our guy. I don’t think there is a “right” answer here, so I’m going to put trust in our coaches and Rick to make the best decision.
I'd stick with Keenum. He's the reason we were 13-3. Heck, I djnt even think Aaron Rodgers would have led this team to 13-3.

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Purple Domination wrote:This now becomes the hottest topic in Viking land.

Not blaming Case. This was an A$$ Whoopin.
However, it was very telling that he is too often late on throws and behind on throws. He doesn't have outstanding arm talent.
Trust Rick??? Who is the last good QB we have had?
40 year old Favre. Culpepper. Cunningham.
We need one badly in Minnesota
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

Give the reigns to Teddy, or draft a 2nd round QB.

Case Keenum and his bad football intangibles is annoying. The defense made him okay.

If it fails next season and we fall below 8 wins, we draft the QB of the future .

That being said, we are probably going to franchise tag him. And I will hate most of it.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

kidfozzy. wrote:Give the reigns to Teddy, or draft a 2nd round QB.

Case Keenum and his bad football intangibles is annoying. The defense made him okay.

If it fails next season and we fall below 8 wins, we draft the QB of the future .

That being said, we are probably going to franchise tag him. And I will hate most of it.
The defence threw the ball for him to theilen for over a 1000 yards? ( first since 09 by a real qb with Farve ), did they throw his 26 tds to 7 ints to? (miles past Teddys best season). If you think Teddys football intangibles are better than Case's id say there is no proof and purely based of some "potiential" I don't see. Sounds like a good way to win a superbowl, we should have a thread on what we are going to do about our defence. I know our offence wasn't good and relied on our defence, WE KNEW THIS and our strength of our team failed miserably and what? we think this is just a bad game and is magically going to correct itself with a better qb, come on.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

To say we should let case walk and let teddy take over is a joke. You have trust in Teddy who’s done nothing special with this team and we have no idea if he can’t even play worth a damn but we wanna give up on the guy that brought us to the NFC championship? Seriously? I don’t get it. I’m done for the night
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri