NFC Championship Game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

karilynn72
Waterboy

NFC Championship Game

Post by karilynn72 »

:smilevike: My best friend and I have tickets for this Sunday's game in Philly. We are in Section 129 (end zone). I am wondering where other Vikings fans may be sitting. Also, is there a designated bar that Vikings fans will be gathering at prior to the game?
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Re: NFC Championship Game

Post by EagleRob »

Come to the Linc...

Enjoy yourself...

Root for your team.

Do NOT wear your colors, horns or any Vikings paraphernalia.

It won't matter if you are a woman, you will get bothered.
When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

EagleRob wrote:Come to the Linc...

Enjoy yourself...

Root for your team.

That's just awful. You seem like a nice guy, do you ever feel conflicted about rooting for a team with such a revolting fan base?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Enjoy yourself...

Root for your team.

that's embarrassing but to be expected... :oops:
i'm ready for a beer.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

With a game of this magnitude, does the team travel early on a Friday and then have most of Saturday to prepare and focus? Does anyone know?
From the Fjords of ValHalla
tzinc
Backup

Post by tzinc »

just be careful
Eagles fans are the worst fans in sports
many of them are violent thugs
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Surprisingly, this is some solid analysis on ESPN:

Jay Gruden breaks down both Ds:
http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-red ... s-defenses
What makes them good: “They’re balanced in what they can stop. They’re obviously very good against the run, and it starts inside with people like [lineman] Linval Joseph. He’s a hard load to move, and it was hard for us to get to the second level because he hogs two guys for a long period of time. He can make plays down the line as well. Their ends are strong and line up over the tight end and beat the s--- out of the tight end, so it’s hard for him to get to the next level.
Much more at link.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Simply put, if the Vikes approach this game like they did the game in Lambeau we'll be fine. If they play like they did against Carolina and the Saints they'll lose.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

karilynn72 wrote::smilevike: My best friend and I have tickets for this Sunday's game in Philly. We are in Section 129 (end zone). I am wondering where other Vikings fans may be sitting. Also, is there a designated bar that Vikings fans will be gathering at prior to the game?
I'll be there with a group of about 20 or so. We have a suite. I think we should be pretty safe up there in our Vikes regalia. Really excited about it!! I'm far more optimistic about this team than I was in 2009 (hated Childress) and perhaps even more so than 1998 (though that was so long ago I have a hard time remembering my mindset). I think this is the year we finally get that monkey off our backs.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

fiestavike wrote:

Enjoy yourself...

Root for your team.

That's just awful. You seem like a nice guy, do you ever feel conflicted about rooting for a team with such a revolting fan base?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I can't answer for morons of the fanbase any more than some bad seeds you may have. In Philly, we still get teased about "Snowballs at Santa..."

A. The Santa was drunk, hence the snowballs.

B. That was in 1968, longer than most of us on here have been alive. Nevertheless... it still gets brought up.

There's that segment of the fanbase who take things too far. But... we fill that stadium every Sunday, despite having any SB rings to throw at you. Philly fandom is more like a culture than a pastime. Unfortunately... we have to take the good with the bad.
When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Analysts are saying that the Eagles are playing with house money... my hope is that the refs aren't being paid off with house money.
bonggoy
Waterboy

Post by bonggoy »

First post here.

Locals will be loud and you will be heckled. As long as you use common sense, you should be fine.

One thing to note - it's usually the overly inebriated younger kids who starts mouthing off. It usually happens at the parking lot after the game. Believe it or not, this happens more after an Eagles win - so be very careful after the game :D
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

EagleRob wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

Enjoy yourself...

Root for your team.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I can't answer for morons of the fanbase any more than some bad seeds you may have. In Philly, we still get teased about "Snowballs at Santa..."

A. The Santa was drunk, hence the snowballs.

B. That was in 1968, longer than most of us on here have been alive. Nevertheless... it still gets brought up.

There's that segment of the fanbase who take things too far. But... we fill that stadium every Sunday, despite having any SB rings to throw at you. Philly fandom is more like a culture than a pastime. Unfortunately... we have to take the good with the bad.

I personally know some eagles fans and they are generally okay fans unless it involves divisional games, which is understandable. But there's something about home games.
I went to the Vikings at Eagles game back in 2010 when they played on Tuesday instead of Sunday. They were booing Santa at that game too. I didn't wear my Vikings gear that game (i should of) because my dad was nervous, but there was one guy in front of me wearing Vikings gear and his friend pointed him out in front of the audience. Needless to say, I thought he wasn't going to make it the whole game after the reception he got from the Eagles fans
dreamerjohn
Practice Squad

Post by dreamerjohn »

Enjoy yourself...

Root for your team.

What if your wearing a purple McNabb Jersey? ?

Will they treat you nicer??