Are you looking past the Eagles this week?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Are you looking past the Eagles?

Yes
2%
No
98%

Total votes: 41

SkolVikings69
Practice Squad

Re: Are you looking past the Eagles this week?

Post by SkolVikings69 »

PacificNorseWest wrote:They made it to the SB.
None of them won the Super Bowl. The Steelers lost in the ACC championship.

Let's hope we don't suffer the same comedown!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

We're ####.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

SkolVikings69 wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:They made it to the SB.
None of them won the Super Bowl. The Steelers lost in the ACC championship.

Let's hope we don't suffer the same comedown!

... Thanks, now I have to watch the Miracle Catch 348 more times with a little Farve to Lewis
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I voted no but I think with Wentz out we are the better team

I wish we wouldn't have lost the Carolina game and they
Had to come to the house of pain on Sunday
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

We're not Steelers fans. We're not stupid enough to look past an opponent in the playoffs.

But I'll say this. If Philly fan comes on this board and starts trolling, then he's gonna get an earful from me. I believe fully that we're the better team. I'm supremely confident in our team's ability to beat the Eagles. Confidence, however, is way different than "looking past" the Eagles.

I'll take it a step further. I'm incredibly optimistic that we actually WILL beat them. Sorry, pessimists, but I'm not walking the Green Mile until I actually get the death sentence. But looking past them? No. I'm focused completely on the Eagles, just as Zimmer and the gang are.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

cstelter wrote:Honestly how do you look past *any* team, when it takes *!THAT!* to get you past your prior game. Also, any Vikings fan worth his salt knows the pain that comes with losing a game he/she was looking forward to, much less past.
Vikings could be 17-0 and facing the lowest seeded wild card team right now and I'd still have an uneasy feeling. Anything can happen in the playoffs.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I had mentioned weeks ago that the Eagles were no joke. Some doubted this and said they had it so easy up to this point. Even without Foles they are better, imo, then the Saints. They have a solid front 4, and our Oline hasnt been protecting or making holes for the RBs. If they dont this week, we are toast. Th eagles fans suck, they are going to be so loud. I sure hope Zimmer doesnt think just because Wentz isnt playing the game should be fairly easy. At least the weather sounds good so far, but who knows. It could always rain and make the field a mess. Our Oline need to run block, and our Dline need to put some dam pressure on Foles. Its gone to sleep for weeks now. If we make Foles pass a lot, we should be ok with Rhodes, Waynes, Send, and Smith. But we gotta stop the ground game and short passes. And hope the D doesnt completely fall asleep in the 2nd half.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

31-0 so far in the voting. Weird how the theory of fans looking past the Eagles doesn't seem to be holding up.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I asked this before but I don't remember the answer. Is there a way to vote on polls from your phone?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dreamerjohn
Practice Squad

Post by dreamerjohn »

No. The Eagles are a good team, regardless of the year.

I watched the Eagles beat the Vikes in January 2005 and 2009,,, I don't take Philly lightly
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

dreamerjohn wrote:No. The Eagles are a good team, regardless of the year.

I watched the Eagles beat the Vikes in January 2005 and 2009,,, I don't take Philly lightly
According to The Football Database site, Vikings and Eagles split the season series 13-13 but the Vikings are 0-3 against the Eagles on playoff games.