Hello. Eagles fan here.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Hello. Eagles fan here.

Post by Crax »

NJSkol wrote:just got through to 97.5 the fanatic (philly sports talk radio) and sounded the gjallarhorn three times and got a skol viks in before they hung up :banana:
Nice job. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

NJSkol wrote:just got through to 97.5 the fanatic (philly sports talk radio) and sounded the gjallarhorn three times and got a skol viks in before they hung up :banana:
Lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

EagleRob wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:We're 6-2 on the road.

Just horrible.
Your record isn't the point. I already know what your road record is. The point is your great D gives up a few more points a game, then they do at home.

Will you agree on that?

And since we are home, ours gives up less points.

That's what we are holding our hats on. Two evenly matched team... that the home field will make the difference. But, at the end of the day, our stars have to show up and play mistake-free football. We had two costly turnovers that lead to the only points Atlanta had. We can't afford do that again this week.
Sure, I can agree that we give up a few more points on the road than at home. I'm not trying to pick a fight here. You have to understand, other Eagles fans have come on here and simply trolled. If you're here to actually talk football, then welcome. Let's talk!

Obviously your home-field advantage is real. There's no denying that. Heck, you beat us there last year when we were 5-0.

Strictly speaking in football terms, here's why I think we win. Case Keenum is better than Nick Foles.

The media is somehow comparing these two guys equally, simply because neither was a starter at the beginning of the season. No offense, but I think that's laughable. Case Keenum is in the conversation for MVP of the entire NFL -- as is Carson Wentz, to a much higher degree. Nick Foles had a 27-TD, 2-INT season in 2013 with a 119 passer rating and got replaced. Case Keenum doesn't have those gaudy statistics, but the guy is 12-3 as a starter, and he led us to another win in relief, a game we surely would have lost without him. So we can say he's 13-3 as the Vikings' QB. He takes care of the football (mostly) and extends plays with his mobility. Case also has better receivers and a solid running game, with the ability to run inside (Murray) or outside (McKinnon). That will be very important if the Eagles do what I think they'll do, which is stuff inside runs. Finally, Case has had 16 games as the starter with this team. He has the full trust of his teammates, and his timing and chemistry are phenomenal. Foles just hasn't had the time Keenum has.

Otherwise, the teams seem to be very evenly matched. I just think quarterback play is going to be the difference.

Of course, Case Keenum could prove me wrong and throw 3 picks. Every Vikings fan has that fear in the back of his mind. Foles is not a great quarterback, but he has been excellent at avoiding turnovers throughout his career. A couple of bad turnovers by us, and we'll be on the ropes.

Also, please understand -- I believe we'll win because I'm a fan of the Vikings, but I'm not delusional enough to think we'll win easily. And I realize that we could very well lose this game. I just think, barring a huge turnover disparity or a wonky play on special teams, that we have the better quarterback. In the end, I hope that will be the difference.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

Hil-friggin-larious
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Heck, you beat us there last year when we were 5-0.
Yes, but anyone who watched the Vikes last year knew we were perhaps the worst and luckiest 5-0 team in NFL history. Hadn't had an offensive turnover, couldn't run the ball (one of the worst rushing teams in NFL history), and our O-Line was PA-thetic. This is a VERY different team than that one.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Ha! Link to the broadcast playback or it didn’t happen :wink:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

EagleRob wrote:Its not to scare you... consider it a public service announcement. :)

You can be the biggest... baddest man on the planet. But at the end of the day, its you vs a dozen drunk dudes around you.

It's not worth it.

I've been to other city's sporting my McNabb jersey. Had good convos with some Charger fans in San Diego. But Philly is another animal when it comes to Eagles / Flyers games... especially in the playoffs. There's no existing beef with the Vikings fans, like it is Dallas or Giants. But this is win or go home, so tempers will be on high.
At this point it feels like you're just trying to keep purple out of the stands ;)

Seriously though, people aren't allowed to just "put their hands on you" and if they do, call the cops and I bet it'll stop.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Cliff wrote:
EagleRob wrote:Its not to scare you... consider it a public service announcement. :)

You can be the biggest... baddest man on the planet. But at the end of the day, its you vs a dozen drunk dudes around you.

It's not worth it.

I've been to other city's sporting my McNabb jersey. Had good convos with some Charger fans in San Diego. But Philly is another animal when it comes to Eagles / Flyers games... especially in the playoffs. There's no existing beef with the Vikings fans, like it is Dallas or Giants. But this is win or go home, so tempers will be on high.
At this point it feels like you're just trying to keep purple out of the stands ;)

Seriously though, people aren't allowed to just "put their hands on you" and if they do, call the cops and I bet it'll stop.
Yeah that’s the vibe I’m getting is he just doesn’t want purple in the stands
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

Post by TheCoolerOne »

One advantage I think the Eagles have when comparing quarterbacks; it seems like Foles may not be very good, but he’s not as actively bad as Keenum can be. It’s hard to articulate, but take the pass Keenum chucked up against NO, for example. I do not think Foles would ever attempt to make a play like that.

Foles seems more willing to play within himself and acknowledge what he can’t do, while Keenum is confident in his abilities to a fault.
suncoastvike
Practice Squad

Post by suncoastvike »

TheCoolerOne wrote:One advantage I think the Eagles have when comparing quarterbacks; it seems like Foles may not be very good, but he’s not as actively bad as Keenum can be. It’s hard to articulate, but take the pass Keenum chucked up against NO, for example. I do not think Foles would ever attempt to make a play like that.

Foles seems more willing to play within himself and acknowledge what he can’t do, while Keenum is confident in his abilities to a fault.

Foles may play safer but doesn't mean he is. He had 4 turnovers in 3 starts. 2 int's 2 lost fumbles. He's dropped the thing 6 times. Lucky it only 2 lost. Case has only one lost fumble in 11 starts 7 INT's.
''A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and a great quarterback ~ and not necessarily in that order''
NJSkol
Waterboy

Post by NJSkol »

Purple Domination wrote:

https://files.greatermedia.com/uploads/ ... 8-1-19.mp3

32 minutes into the show
NJSkol
Waterboy

Post by NJSkol »

Doug from conshohocken —- never heard of that place but my coworker said it was a town out side of Philly lol
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

NJSkol wrote:
Purple Domination wrote:

https://files.greatermedia.com/uploads/ ... 8-1-19.mp3

32 minutes into the show
And it's there. 1,000 troll points for you!
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

NJSkol wrote:Doug from conshohocken —- never heard of that place but my coworker said it was a town out side of Philly lol
In the words of PA, well done young man!! Even Mikey was giving you props for your choice of “home town”.

It was interesting listening to parts of their broadcast (and the morning show). They sure are a confident bunch. I heard a lot of references to the stats being in their favor, but didn’t hear any breakdown of what those stats were. Maybe they did that earlier on the week. Either way, it is a markedly different listening experience than listening to KFAN.

I noticed everyone in Philly is predicting a very low scoring game. If we can surprise them with the offense we’ve seen much of the season, I like our chances.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

To EagleRob and Mawby: Regardless of who wins Sunday Nick Foles still sucks. Period. And whoever said they have no change against New England is dead on. I don't like our chances against New England either; but we have to win tomorrow first.