Hello. Eagles fan here.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Hello. Eagles fan here.

Post by mansquatch »

I get why people think JAX will lose. However, I wouldn't call that game a gimme. Every Defense knows the key to shutting down the JAX offense is stopping Fornette. Yet Fornette still got his yards. The Pats defense will have to prove it is up to the task. On the other side of the ball, Brady has not really faced a truly nasty elite NFL defense this season. If the Jags show up to play, then Brady will get beat up. It will be interesting to see how he handles it at age 40.

I think it will be a good game to watch. We'll get to see just who the 2017 Patriots really are on Sunday. Keep in mind, the Patriots needed am obnoxious call via the obscene NFL rules on just what constitutes a catch in order to squeak out a win against Pittsburgh in the regular season. The Jags completely dominated that same Steelers team in the first half and were able to get the win in what ended up being a shootout. No stupid call needed. In terms of similar opponents, the Jags delivered.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Ughhh I really cant take another opposing fan thread again.... :roll:

Count me out :giveup:
You posted in one... just to mention this?

:?
When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

EagleRob wrote: C'mon now... you can only play who's in front of you. Minimalizing our efforts vs this team, while enhancing our efforts vs another... isn't fair. That's like me saying, you guys lost to the Panthers, who beat, which means....

No, it doesn't work that way, each weak it's situational.

What Eagles are holding our hats on is that you guys aren't the same team out of the dome. And in our house, like you at your own... we are even better.
Riddle me this: Are all NFL teams equal? The answer is obvious. I'm not taking away from the fact that you are HERE. You are the #1 seed. But you also have a had a very soft schedule to get here. That matters. The Vikings have had ease as well. But, we also went 4-1 vs. the NFC S, including beating the Saints twice.

We also normally face 2 great to elite QBs in Rogers and Stafford 4x a year. This year we only saw Stafford twice. We also saw Brees twice and a lesser Ryan once.

Your schedule in 2017 features no equivalent other than the pedestrian Ryan last week. You beat the RAMs in a shootout, we DOMINATED the Rams. You beat ATL in a tight game at home. We crushed them on the road.

You cannot deny that this it the first game of the season where you are going to play an elite, well balanced team. The only defense your team has seen that is even close to what the Vikings will field on Sunday was an injury riddled SEA team who completely upended you. That doens't mean you can't do it, it just means that up until now you haven't done it.

This game will prove if you are in that class or not. To be honest, I wish Wentz was playing because I still thought all season that if we went head to head, we'd beat you. (And I like him, his being a Midwestern QB product and all.) Not having him in there cheapens this game, and that isn't a jab at you or your team, I wanted to see both of these teams slug it out at full power to prove who is the best. Win or lose, this game is going to tell us who the Eagles really are.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

these threads with opposing fans are always my favorite! :popcorn:
i'm ready for a beer.
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

I also filmed the Eagles fan punching the Police horse in the face last week.

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

EagleRob wrote:
mansquatch wrote:Not trying to ruffly feathers here, but for the most part you've played a cake schedule to get here. In the regular season your best win was beating the other NFC pretender, the RAMS, in a shootout at their stadium. (uh defense?) I give props for the road win. That same Rams team came to MN and got held to 7 points. In the playoffs you beat the 6 seed, a flawed ATL team whose offense is a shadow of it's 2016 self. Again Kudos to you, but the Viking went on the road and trounced that team in their own stadium, holding them to just 9 points.

Your Defensive numbers in the regular season are enhanced by 5 games against terrible offenses. (CHI, NYG x 2, SF, and AZ) You also had three more games that are weak, a dumpster fire OAK team and two against a mess of a Cowboys squad that is as one dimensional as it gets. Against everyone else you gave up on average 25 PA. You relied on your offense to put up points to offset this. You played in the NFC East which for the past two seasons has been the softest conference in the NFC, despite media darling status. You also benefited from only playing just one (!) elite defense in the regular season. We all remember how that SEA game went. (And that was with Wentz.)

And don't tell me about 51 points on the Broncos. That defense was exposed this year as being a fraud, it isn't the same without Wade Phillips as the Coordinator. You were not the only team to expose them in the 2nd half of the season.

Your team has yet to truly have a Prove It win against a legitimate contending team. You beat the Falcons... who beat the Rams. A team you also beat. Well, you are going to get your chance on Sunday. The Vikings are battle tested and have taken the best of the NFC and emerged victorious. Our defense has performed against all manner of opponents and is better (and healthier) than the defense you faced in Seattle. Our offense, while not having the same pedigree as our defense has been more than serviceable this season showing balance between Run and Pass. The WR/TE group we bring is the most talented your defense has faced. In short, this is the most balanced team you've played.

I'm glad we are playing. All season I've said the Eagles have yet to prove it. On Sunday we are going to find out if you guys are for real.
C'mon now... you can only play who's in front of you. Minimalizing our efforts vs this team, while enhancing our efforts vs another... isn't fair. That's like me saying, you guys lost to the Panthers, who beat, which means....

What Eagles are holding our hats on is that you guys aren't the same team out of the dome. And in our house, like you at your own... we are even better.
We're 6-2 on the road.

Just horrible.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

mansquatch wrote:
EagleRob wrote: C'mon now... you can only play who's in front of you. Minimalizing our efforts vs this team, while enhancing our efforts vs another... isn't fair. That's like me saying, you guys lost to the Panthers, who beat, which means....

Riddle me this: Are all NFL teams equal? The answer is obvious. I'm not taking away from the fact that you are HERE. You are the #1 seed. But you also have a had a very soft schedule to get here. That matters. The Vikings have had ease as well. But, we also went 4-1 vs. the NFC S, including beating the Saints twice.

We also normally face 2 great to elite QBs in Rogers and Stafford 4x a year. This year we only saw Stafford twice. We also saw Brees twice and a lesser Ryan once.

Your schedule in 2017 features no equivalent other than the pedestrian Ryan last week. You beat the RAMs in a shootout, we DOMINATED the Rams. You beat ATL in a tight game at home. We crushed them on the road.

You cannot deny that this it the first game of the season where you are going to play an elite, well balanced team. The only defense your team has seen that is even close to what the Vikings will field on Sunday was an injury riddled SEA team who completely upended you. That doens't mean you can't do it, it just means that up until now you haven't done it.

This game will prove if you are in that class or not. To be honest, I wish Wentz was playing because I still thought all season that if we went head to head, we'd beat you. (And I like him, his being a Midwestern QB product and all.) Not having him in there cheapens this game, and that isn't a jab at you or your team, I wanted to see both of these teams slug it out at full power to prove who is the best. Win or lose, this game is going to tell us who the Eagles really are.
The Vikings are in no way some offensive juggernaut. Don't believe your own press. The bring nothing the Eagles haven't faced already and beat.
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

NJSkol wrote:I felt and still fell the Eagles match up better against the Viks then the Saints. This will be a hard earn win or a close lost.
Finally, a Vikings fans who knows what he's talking about.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Mawby wrote:
NJSkol wrote:I felt and still fell the Eagles match up better against the Viks then the Saints. This will be a hard earn win or a close lost.
ya. he said something that many on here have said repeatedly. news flash, we're vikes fans. we're going to pick the vikes like you picked the eagles. literally everything that eagles fans have said, vikes could turn around and say the same thing. I don't know why you are so upset about what vikes fans are saying when you are doing the exact same thing backing your home team....
i'm ready for a beer.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mawby wrote:
Boon wrote:You cant play the underdog crap here. You maybe could pull that cliche against atlanta, not against minnesota. Just stop, this team is essentially playing at this level with a third stringer, all year minus 2 games. Not very late in the season like philly. Bradford started week 1 and week 5, where he only played a half before he couldnt even walk. The rest was case,and bridgewater wasnt there til late in the season.

Every year some fanbase and team tries this. The ONLY team this applies to this year is the jags. If anything it applies to the vikings more than the eagles. Just stop
I can see you are scared. You are trying to convince yourself the Vikes are that great. I'll be back after Sunday, and you'd better be here to eat your large plate of crow.
Saints Fan said the same thing last week -- that we're scared. We weren't.

Saints Fan also said he'd be back on Monday. He wasn't.

Keep talking, man. That's all it is. Talk. Our team went through the toughest 5-game stretch of any team in the NFL, including 3 straight on the road. We came out of it 4-1. We're a battle-tested, proven commodity. So please explain to me why we should be scared of your team.

Respect the Eagles, especially at their place? Sure. Scared? Nope. Not a chance.

I'll be looking for you on Monday. I'm pretty sure you'll be here to gloat if you win, but what's the over-under on you showing up if you lose? My money is on the under.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Mawby wrote:
Boon wrote:You cant play the underdog crap here. You maybe could pull that cliche against atlanta, not against minnesota. Just stop, this team is essentially playing at this level with a third stringer, all year minus 2 games. Not very late in the season like philly. Bradford started week 1 and week 5, where he only played a half before he couldnt even walk. The rest was case,and bridgewater wasnt there til late in the season.

Every year some fanbase and team tries this. The ONLY team this applies to this year is the jags. If anything it applies to the vikings more than the eagles. Just stop
I can see you are scared. You are trying to convince yourself the Vikes are that great. I'll be back after Sunday, and you'd better be here to eat your large plate of crow.
Saints Fan said the same thing last week -- that we're scared. We weren't.

Keep talking, man. That's all it is. Talk. Our team went through the toughest 5-game stretch of any team in the NFL, including 3 straight on the road. We came out of it 4-1. We're a battle-tested, proven commodity. So please explain to me why we should be scared of your team.

Respect the Eagles, especially at their place? Sure. Scared? Nope. Not a chance.

I'll be looking for you on Monday. I'm pretty sure you'll be here to gloat if you win, but what's the over-under on you showing up if you lose? My money is on the under.
I'm not a Saints fan and speaking from the #1 seed's point of view. You are scared and you should be.
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

vikeinmontana wrote:
Mawby wrote:
ya. he said something that many on here have said repeatedly. news flash, we're vikes fans. we're going to pick the vikes like you picked the eagles. literally everything that eagles fans have said, vikes could turn around and say the same thing. I don't know why you are so upset about what vikes fans are saying when you are doing the exact same thing backing your home team....
I think the Eagles will beat the Vikes easier than the Falcons. You're just hyped by your D, and that's pretty much it. Keenum is nothing to write about. Just because you slipped by the Saints with a miracle play, now their fans are over-tooting their horn. You will see why we are the #1 seed on Sunday.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mawby wrote:The Vikings are in no way some offensive juggernaut. Don't believe your own press. The bring nothing the Eagles haven't faced already and beat.
See, this has been the same song that every Vikings opponent has sung every game this season. "Your offense is nothing special."

And 14 of 17 times, we've walked away with victories.

All this does is prove how little you know about your opponent. Let's just talk about receivers. If you think Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Wright, McKinnon out of the backfield and others are "nothing," then fine. You'll find out Sunday when your DBs are chasing them all over the field. You'd better hope you get pressure on Keenum because our receiving corps is THE BEST in the NFL. Period. That says nothing about our running game, which is also very, very solid. Kamara and Ingram were tops in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Guess who was second? Murray and McKinnon.

This isn't our "own press." This is a knowledgeable fan base who understands what their team does well.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mawby wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:Saints Fan said the same thing last week -- that we're scared. We weren't.

I'm not a Saints fan and speaking from the #1 seed's point of view. You are scared and you should be.
What are you? A 5-year-old?

"You're scared."

"Am not."

"Am too."

Do you have any facts to offer here? Or just a child's argument?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Mawby wrote:The Vikings are in no way some offensive juggernaut. Don't believe your own press. The bring nothing the Eagles haven't faced already and beat.
See, this has been the same song that every Vikings opponent has sung every game this season. "Your offense is nothing special."

And 14 of 17 times, we've walked away with victories.

All this does is prove how little you know about your opponent. Let's just talk about receivers. If you think Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Wright, McKinnon out of the backfield and others are "nothing," then fine. You'll find out Sunday when your DBs are chasing them all over the field. You'd better hope you get pressure on Keenum because our receiving corps is THE BEST in the NFL. Period. That says nothing about our running game, which is also very, very solid. Kamara and Ingram were tops in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Guess who was second? Murray and McKinnon.

This isn't our "own press." This is a knowledgeable fan base who understands what their team does well.
14 of 17 were not the #1 seed. I'll leave it there.