View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Vikes open as 3 point favorites in Philly. 
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post Vikes open as 3 point favorites in Philly.
So, Vegas has them as point favorites to open.

And to win it all.

Code:
New England Patriots   6/5
Minnesota Vikings      7/4
Philadelphia Eagles    7/1
Jacksonville Jaguars   8/1

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Re: Vikes open as 3 point favorites in Philly.
Too Soon.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 pm
Rookie

Philly is good at run stopping and that is all

OUR OL needs to get back to better protection and better running lanes letting us down a bit right now

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm
All Pro Elite Player

tzinc wrote:

OUR OL needs to get back to better protection and better running lanes letting us down a bit right now

Hopefully our OL will go back to their normal positions for the Eagles. Hill really had a bad game today. I thought they should have gave him more help.
Also the blocked punt didn’t help things any. But I think that is more on special teams.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:42 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

halfgiz wrote:
tzinc wrote:

Hopefully our OL will go back to their normal positions for the Eagles. Hill really had a bad game today. I thought they should have gave him more help.
Also the blocked punt didn’t help things any. But I think that is more on special teams.

Hill did his job on that last play.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 am
Hall of Famer

Speaking of the Vegas line ...

The Vikings were 5.5 point favorites against the Saints.

I wonder how many people were pissed that Case took a knee for the final extra point!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:13 am
Starting Wide Receiver

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

I wonder how many people were pissed that Case took a knee for the final extra point!
One if my Facebook friends said her husband was really upset lol.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

They need to change the rules for that. Unnecessary to kick the XP. Almost like having them finish the inning in baseball after a walkoff HR.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:29 am
Fenrir

halfgiz wrote:
tzinc wrote:

Yeah I'm wondering if they go back to Remmers at RT and bring in Sirles. Hill had a really tough game.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:14 am
Commissioner

S197 wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
tzinc wrote:

Yeah I'm wondering if they go back to Remmers at RT and bring in Sirles. Hill had a really tough game.

I'm not sure Remmers would have fared much better again Jordan. He's a beast. Little surprised they didn't give Hill more help.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:12 am
Starting Wide Receiver

I'm not sure there are any OL in the league that can be effective against Cam Jordan 1 on 1 for an entire game. It was disappointing that they didn't give Hill help.

What is Hills natural position?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I'm not sure there are any OL in the league that can be effective against Cam Jordan 1 on 1 for an entire game. It was disappointing that they didn't give Hill help.

Right tackle

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:05 am
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Right tackle
Is that what he was playing?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:39 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Right tackle
Is that what he was playing?

Yes

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Road game... high stakes.

This game will be against a better defensive front 7 than the Saints and better Defense overall. However, also a game against a worse, offense. Arguably much worse.

We should be favored. Our Defense is better than Philadelphia's so we should not struggle to contain their offense. This will be a game where it is up to the offense to not be careless with the football.

My hope is that as awesome as yesterday was, it serves as a wake up call that it is the playoffs and dumb mistakes almost cost them the chance to play in this game.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 am
All Pro Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:

I think Hill is better suited for left tackle.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:31 am
Starting Wide Receiver

halfgiz wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Or Guard.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:32 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

PurpleMustReign wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Or Guard.

Nah. He's a tackle IMO.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Looking at Philly with a little more depth:

Offensively this team averaged 28.5 PPG, of course this was with Wentz healthy. Since Wentz went down:

vs. NYG 34 Points
Vs. OAK 19 Points
vs. DAL 0 Points
vs. ATL (playoffs) 15 points

Interesting tidbit: Last offensive touchdown was scored in the 1st QTR of the game vs. OAK.

Offensively, none of this is a surprise. My guess is if we can contain their Running Game and short passing they will be hard pressed to sustain drives, let alone score vs. our defense.

Defensively, they allowed 18.4 points per game. Pretty strong, especially with the offensive performance above. However, IMO this stat overstates their efficacy. They have 6 games against Anemic NFL Offenses: ARI, CHI, SF, 2 games vs. DAL (yes they are not that good), and a late season game vs. OAK after they had nothing to play for. If you take these games out the PPG is 25. This is against mostly average NFL offenses. To me this is a team that beats up the weaklings, but depends on the offence to beat more average opposition. Case in point, they gave up 24 points to Russell Wilson playing with basically nobody else on offense.

Now, to their credit, they just put a Falcons offense on a 10 point game in the playoffs. That offense is not middle of the road, but has struggled with scoring. They are not he juggernaut of 2016, but they still have significant star power. They are mostly let down by their QB.

I know it is a cliche, but to me this is a game where if the Vikings have zero turnovers they are very likely to emerge as the winner. The Philly offense is not very likely to suddenly move the ball and score on our defense. Keep in mind that the Saints required a turnover from Keenum and a blocked punt to come back against our D. Philly is not the Saints.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:38 am
Veteran

mansquatch wrote:
Looking at Philly with a little more depth:

Offensively this team averaged 28.5 PPG, of course this was with Wentz healthy. Since Wentz went down:

vs. NYG 34 Points
Vs. OAK 19 Points
vs. DAL 0 Points
vs. ATL (playoffs) 15 points

Interesting tidbit: Last offensive touchdown was scored in the 1st QTR of the game vs. OAK.

Offensively, none of this is a surprise. My guess is if we can contain their Running Game and short passing they will be hard pressed to sustain drives, let alone score vs. our defense.

Defensively, they allowed 18.4 points per game. Pretty strong, especially with the offensive performance above. However, IMO this stat overstates their efficacy. They have 6 games against Anemic NFL Offenses: ARI, CHI, SF, 2 games vs. DAL (yes they are not that good), and a late season game vs. OAK after they had nothing to play for. If you take these games out the PPG is 25. This is against mostly average NFL offenses. To me this is a team that beats up the weaklings, but depends on the offence to beat more average opposition. Case in point, they gave up 24 points to Russell Wilson playing with basically nobody else on offense.

Now, to their credit, they just put a Falcons offense on a 10 point game in the playoffs. That offense is not middle of the road, but has struggled with scoring. They are not he juggernaut of 2016, but they still have significant star power. They are mostly let down by their QB.

I know it is a cliche, but to me this is a game where if the Vikings have zero turnovers they are very likely to emerge as the winner. The Philly offense is not very likely to suddenly move the ball and score on our defense. Keep in mind that the Saints required a turnover from Keenum and a blocked punt to come back against our D. Philly is not the Saints.

Great breakdown. Totally agree. Mistake free football as far as penalties, turnovers, and apparently blocked punts will win this game.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm
Veteran

mansquatch wrote:
Road game... high stakes.

This game will be against a better defensive front 7 than the Saints and better Defense overall. However, also a game against a worse, offense. Arguably much worse.

We should be favored. Our Defense is better than Philadelphia's so we should not struggle to contain their offense. This will be a game where it is up to the offense to not be careless with the football.

My hope is that as awesome as yesterday was, it serves as a wake up call that it is the playoffs and dumb mistakes almost cost them the chance to play in this game.

Yep. Teams you face I'm the playoffs are too good to have mistakes against.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:06 pm
Waterboy

I just hope our offense has learned to stop pumping the brakes once we get a lead. We need to be trying to score every single time we have the ball and not be content with just eating time off the clock.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

My understanding from what I read last night was that by winning with the TD over winning with a FG cost Las Vegas $60 million. I need to find that article again.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Looking at there performances I think their defense is not as good as it might appear. In other words, we should be able to make some plays against them.

My view in general when it comes to NFL defenses is there are defenses that are elevated because of the offense/balance around them (Think Saints, Steelers, Atlanta, Rams, etc.) and there are defenses that are great on their own. IMO, Philly is good version of the first variety. MIN, JAX, and SEA are versions of the second variety.

FWIW, I'm curious to see if the JAX Front 7 can punish Brady and the Patriots in a way they really haven't seen this season. It will be very interesting to see how that game plays out. Sunday should make for another round of excellent playoff football.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:05 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I like our chances. At times Foles throws some really erratic balls and I think our defense can capitalize on that. With that said, it will be a tough road game in about as hostile of an environment as you can get.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:43 pm
Transition Player

I hope the coaches can bring the players back down to reality so they can be ready for next week.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:28 pm
Waterboy

mosscarter wrote:
I like our chances. At times Foles throws some really erratic balls and I think our defense can capitalize on that. With that said, it will be a tough road game in about as hostile of an environment as you can get.

I definitely think they can win, but I'm very concerned about the effects of playing in the cold. We'd have a major advantage indoors imo, but I'm reminded of recent performances in Green Bay and Chicago. The elements can be somewhat of an equilizer because our offense isn t as effective.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:08 am
Waterboy

As I see the pass rush seems to have slowed when there's no blitz, I've noticed I haven't seen Hunter lately. Is he injured long term?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 am
Commissioner

Neversaynever wrote:
As I see the pass rush seems to have slowed when there's no blitz, I've noticed I haven't seen Hunter lately. Is he injured long term?

Hasn't been on the injury report. Not sure what the deal is. We need him to get some more pressure

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:26 am
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
Neversaynever wrote:

Hasn't been on the injury report. Not sure what the deal is. We need him to get some more pressure
The DL outside of Linval has been invisible lately. It is very concerning.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next