Vikes open as 3 point favorites in Philly.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikes open as 3 point favorites in Philly.

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:Yeah but our defense made Cousins and Newton look good too. They are ok but not Hall of Famers like what they looked like against us. I worry more about our defense than anything.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Really? When there are things like our offensive line holding up, Case, Thielen's back and our running game getting anywhere to worry about?

I worry more about scoring points. Only slightly less is tackling Blount consistently (he always seems to run well against us) and getting to Foles with some regularity.
I've seen our defense make mediocre qbs look very good. Hundley moved the ball very well against us, but they shot themselves in the foot deep in our territory and came away with no points. I have confidence in Case and the offense enough to score 17 points, which should be enough IF our defense shows up.
The Thielen injury is concerning though. What is he listed as?

Lower back. Reportedly has some small fractures.

Which Hudley game? The 130 passing yards and 2 INTs or the 157 passing yards and 3 INTs?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

One thing we haven't talked about much...How is being outside going to effect our kicking game?

:govikes:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote: Really? When there are things like our offensive line holding up, Case, Thielen's back and our running game getting anywhere to worry about?

I worry more about scoring points. Only slightly less is tackling Blount consistently (he always seems to run well against us) and getting to Foles with some regularity.
I've seen our defense make mediocre qbs look very good. Hundley moved the ball very well against us, but they shot themselves in the foot deep in our territory and came away with no points. I have confidence in Case and the offense enough to score 17 points, which should be enough IF our defense shows up.
The Thielen injury is concerning though. What is he listed as?

Lower back. Reportedly has some small fractures.

Which Hudley game? The 130 passing yards and 2 INTs or the 157 passing yards and 3 INTs?
I meant is he questionable? Doubtful? Also, it just seemed like green Bay moved the ball well these second game. Idk.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Thelein has fractures in his back? Thats not good at all. Like I said before Wright is going to have to step up, cause Floyd and Treadwell dont know how to.

I wonder if we win the SB, if we still have to watch these dam commercials with Erin Rogers in them. And Claw Mathews. Enough to make me change my insurance from State Farm to another company for the first time in 30 years.