Holy F*ckin sh*t post-game thread madness

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Holy F*ckin sh*t post-game thread madness

Post by beardedterror »

808vikingsfan wrote: Tears here too. Still feel like I'm holding it back.
I can only remember crying once in my adult life, and that was the night before leaving my wife and family for a 15-month deployment. Tonight was the closest I've come since then. Chills. :govikes:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Raptorman wrote: Please tell me a 90 year old women is not the Vikings good luck charm.
Nope. It's a 100 year old woman!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

S197 wrote:Nope. It's a 100 year old woman!

I stand corrected.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Was a little surprised Zimmer didn't blitz on the last defensive series.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

808vikingsfan wrote:Was a little surprised Zimmer didn't blitz on the last defensive series.
Agreed. However, I’m hoping Zim learned a lesson and it never happens again. Doubt it will against Foles next week, completely different animal from the vet Brees and the Aints.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:Was a little surprised Zimmer didn't blitz on the last defensive series.
Saw a PFF blurb, Brees was apparently very good when blitzed today.

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Zimmers postgame conference is great if you haven't seen it yet. He continually fist pumps as people chant his name throughout.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 094e25dcf8
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Yes! I feel like this was the perfect ending to get back at the Saints!
:thumbsup: :v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

So is Keenum's presser. Gotta love the guy. He represents the team well.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

w_huisman wrote: Agreed. However, I’m hoping Zim learned a lesson and it never happens again. Doubt it will against Foles next week, completely different animal from the vet Brees and the Aints.
As much as they nearly killed all of us again, I'm glad this happened this way. I'm almost happy they got punched in the mouth and nearly choked this one away. It better be the lesson they needed.

For Case not to make stupid throws.

For Kai that he can make a crucial Kick

For the defense not to get too cocky or emotional.

And for the coaching staff to stop letting off the gas and trying to coast to the win. The Vikes should've stomped them out and failed to take advantage.

I believe the Vikings can beat anyone when they play their best, but they did not deserve this win the way they played the 2nd half. They pulled it out by a miracle and better make sure this doesn't happen again.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I had taken off my Vikings shirt and threw on a pullover. I was simply watching that last drive out of pure misery and was just dead silent. I didn't even realize what had happened when Diggs caught it. I was screaming for him to go out, then I quickly realized he was all alone. I lost it. I was hysterical. Absolutely hysterical. I had tears in my eyes in the aftermath with the interviews and replays.

I still cannot believe it. I watched Favre to Lewis live in the Metrodome. This tops it - even thought I had to witness it through the TV.

My Dad has been a fan since '64 and couldn't bring himself to watch the game. He missed this incredible moment. I cannot blame him for not watching the game. He's experienced enough heartbreak for one life time. It almost appeared like today would be another one of those heartbreaking moments.

I don't know if I can criticize this team for that 2nd half after that final play. I am so elated I just don't even care. We won. I hate New Orleans. I honestly am so damn happy we can moving on to the NFC Championship game.

Skol brothers.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

nightowl wrote: As much as they nearly killed all of us again, I'm glad this happened this way. I'm almost happy they got punched in the mouth and nearly choked this one away. It better be the lesson they needed.

For Case not to make stupid throws.

For Kai that he can make a crucial Kick

For the defense not to get too cocky or emotional.

And for the coaching staff to stop letting off the gas and trying to coast to the win. The Vikes should've stomped them out and failed to take advantage.

I believe the Vikings can beat anyone when they play their best, but they did not deserve this win the way they played the 2nd half. They pulled it out by a miracle and better make sure this doesn't happen again.
I disagree. Vikings deserve this win. You can't take away the effort from the first half. As dramatic as the ending was, the Vikings still moved the ball and was in FG position with Diggs catch. Just so happened he made a huge play so they didn't have to kick the FG for the win.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

808vikingsfan wrote: I disagree. Vikings deserve this win. You can't take away the effort from the first half. As dramatic as the ending was, the Vikings still moved the ball and was in FG position with Diggs catch. Just so happened he made a huge play so they didn't have to kick the FG for the win.
Maybe "Didn't deserve to win" is the wrong way to put it. Maybe I should've said they should've lost this game the way they played the 2nd half. I just want them to learn a lesson from what nearly happened tonight.

I'm beyond thrilled they won and exercised a few demons. I won't be able to sleep for a few days I'm so hyped.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

nightowl wrote: Maybe "Didn't deserve to win" is the wrong way to put it. Maybe I should've said they should've lost this game the way they played the 2nd half.

I'm beyond thrilled they won and exercised a few demons. I won't be able to sleep for a few days I'm so hyped. I just don't want to see them nearly throw one away like they did tonight.
Yeah, if they lost, it was a win that they threw away. They definitely played good enough to win. I did say in the game thread that the better team won right before the big play. Brees was incredible in the 2nd half. Saints were the better team in the 2nd half. Luckily, the first half counts too.
tzinc
Backup

Post by tzinc »

Defence came up HUGE when they had to!!!! Saints had a 3rd down and 1 and ran the ball and got stuffed if they make that first down they run out clock
Zimmer made smart use of timeouts to save time!!!