Holy F*ckin sh*t post-game thread madness

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Holy F*ckin sh*t post-game thread madness

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

808vikingsfan wrote:I disagree. Vikings deserve this win. You can't take away the effort from the first half. As dramatic as the ending was, the Vikings still moved the ball and was in FG position with Diggs catch. Just so happened he made a huge play so they didn't have to kick the FG for the win.
Great observation.

Diggs caught the ball in field-goal range, and there were 5 seconds left when he caught it. If Diggs didn't have the open field, he could have stepped out of bounds, and we still likely would have won.

As for me, my heart is still beating about 140. Simply stunned. Ecstatic, but stunned.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Paul Allen's call
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

tzinc wrote:Defence came up HUGE when they had to!!!! Saints had a 3rd down and 1 and ran the ball and got stuffed if they make that first down they run out clock
Zimmer made smart use of timeouts to save time!!!
Absolutely. They gave up the 4th-and-10 earlier in that drive that would have outright ended the game, but then came up big to stuff the Saints and force the FG. The offense didn't have much time left after that, but it was enough.
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

I'm only 27 years old, but without a doubt, best Vikings moment ever for me. Rest in peace Favre to Greg Lewis. You will be remembered.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

OK, this has now reached the level of unbelievable.

NFL Network -- Deion Sanders and Ladanian Tomlinson -- refuse to give the Vikings credit for that final play. They just keep talking about how stupid Williams was, and how it was just a bizarre play that shouldn't have happened. The host is asking, "Are we failing to give the Vikings credit here?" And basically Deion and LT are saying, "No, we shouldn't."

I knew the media had a huge bias against us. But this ... this takes the cake.

I am SO GLAD this happened. Let's just go into Phithy, bash the Eagles, then come home for the big one.

Bring it home!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
DavidKarki
Veteran

Post by DavidKarki »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:OK, this has now reached the level of unbelievable.

NFL Network -- Deion Sanders and Ladanian Tomlinson -- refuse to give the Vikings credit for that final play. They just keep talking about how stupid Williams was, and how it was just a bizarre play that shouldn't have happened. The host is asking, "Are we failing to give the Vikings credit here?" And basically Deion and LT are saying, "No, we shouldn't."

I knew the media had a huge bias against us. But this ... this takes the cake.

I am SO GLAD this happened. Let's just go into Phithy, bash the Eagles, then come home for the big one.

Bring it home!
FWIW, ESPN is fawning all over the Vikings on SportsCenter. They are now media darlings...never thought I'd live to see the day.

Even showed the reactions to the play shown on the big screens from the Wild game at the Xcel Energy Center and T-Wolves game at Target Center.

Was it a terrible play by Williams? Absolutely. Doesn't change the fact that no franchise deserved one like this more than the Vikings. And ESPN, to their credit, knows it and is saying so.
Last edited by DavidKarki on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Dave
GO VIKINGS!!!
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

What made that moment so amazing was that I had resigned myself to the Vikings losing. I mean, what are the chances with 10 seconds left and no timeouts from that point on the field? The Saints were sitting back and guarding the sidelines. And even when Case threw it and Diggs caught it I thought for sure 43 was going to immediately take him down. And then all of a sudden it's like we entered an alternative universe where the improbable and even impossible breaks go in favor of the Vikings. I see Diggs come down in bounds, still on his feet, and not only does #43 completely miss him, he takes out probably the only Saints defender who could have made a play on Diggs at that point.

Speechless is not the word to describe me as Diggs raced into the endzone. I found it hard to even believe what I was seeing was real or possible. I kept expecting something to happen, like the refs throwing a flag or the replays showing Diggs stepped out of bounds or, well, anything that could possibly have stopped that play from resulting in a TD. And then there was nothing but complete and total joy. Impossible and unreal, and yet real. Every time I watch the replay my brain tells me it can't be real and can't result in the winning TD, and yet there it is.

What pure adrenaline and emotion. I've been skydiving and that was better. By a lot.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

For the Saints fans in your family.

https://hashtagsclothing.com/products/l ... -dat-shirt
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

808vikingsfan wrote:ESPN. Diggs "Damn that SH*T felt good"

For real. Feels like the scene from Jerry Maguire
00:43
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

VikingUpdate.com‏ @VikingUpdate

#Vikings running backs were happy:
McKinnon: Craziest ending I’ve ever been a part of out of my 25 years.
Murray: It’s official, he [McKinnon] said he’s going to name his kid Stefon.
McKinnon: Stefon, my first kid is going to be named Stefon.
Murray: Mine is going to be Diggs.
:rofl:
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So how does AP feel right now?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:Paul Allen's call
Leber's reaction was great.
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

Go to the ATL Falcons forum and look at the 'delicious Saints tears' thread for some hilarious videos.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

NCViking wrote:Go to the ATL Falcons forum and look at the 'delicious Saints tears' thread for some hilarious videos.
Link plz
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I’ve watched the final play a good 50 times tonight! Love you guys and glad I got to celebrate with all of VMB!!! #BringItHome
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri