Everson Griffen

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

KingLodbrok
Waterboy

Everson Griffen

Post by KingLodbrok »

So how concerned do we need to be with his foot issue? Doesn't seem to be the same player the last few games. Obviously it would be great if he's full go or close to it.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Everson Griffen

Post by dead_poet »

KingLodbrok wrote:So how concerned do we need to be with his foot issue? Doesn't seem to be the same player the last few games. Obviously it would be great if he's full go or close to it.
He won't be 100% with that injury until after the season. But an 80% Griffen is still good. We need Hunter (who's been fairly quiet this year given the hype he was generating) to have a great game. Same for Linval.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Am I missing something? I didn't see Everson Griffin on the injury report. The last report I saw said it was Terrance Newman with the foot injury and he was listed as questionable. Do you have a link?
From the Fjords of ValHalla
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

He's been injured for a while.

This was from about one month ago:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2174 ... -fasciitis
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

PacificNorseWest wrote:He's been injured for a while.

This was from about one month ago:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2174 ... -fasciitis
On Good Morning Football he said he was ready to go, felt 100%.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Why wouldn't he say that though? :lol:

He's not gonna come on national TV and say, "It's really bugging me to the point where I'm not practicing. I can play on Sunday, but I'm not 100%."

I wish it were true, but for one, I know that plantar fasciitis doesn't heal that quickly and unless you are resting. I know this mainly from a basketball perspective as it is more common for them, but it won't be healed in 3 months when you're still doing the kind of activity Everson has to do. Secondly, him being on the injury report just confirms that...Unless they're lying.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Why wouldn't he say that though? [emoji38]

He's not gonna come on national TV and say, "It's really bugging me to the point where I'm not practicing. I can play on Sunday, but I'm not 100%."

I wish it were true, but for one, I know that plantar fasciitis doesn't heal that quickly and unless you are resting. I know this mainly from a basketball perspective as it is more common for them, but it won't be healed in 3 months when you're still doing the kind of activity Everson has to do. Secondly, him being on the injury report just confirms that...Unless they're lying.
Plantar faciitis usually lasts for years. It may never heal.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Never heard that, but I won't necessarily argue because I've never had it. From I've heard, it takes anywhere from 3 - 8 months or so to heal...with complete rest.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Never heard that, but I won't necessarily argue because I've never had it. From I've heard, it takes anywhere from 3 - 8 months or so to heal...with complete rest.
If I am not mistaken, the timberwolves have had a few plauers' careers end because of it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018