Built in excuse

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bayoumilitia
Waterboy

Built in excuse

Post by Bayoumilitia »

Since it appears the large majority of your fanbase hates our guts and our organization for “stealing a championship” from you in 09 I figured you guys would love a good conspiracy theory. I’m sure most of you here are aware that every team had a pay for performance system long before Bountygate. What many of you may have yet to realize that the NFL is more about profit then any of our teams winning.

So I found this interesting article on SI: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/10/minne ... -logistics

Sure the NFL could wait to sabotage you in the NFCCG next weekend but it sounds like the NFL really would like to start working the Super Bowl logistics now. So don’t worry if we come to your house Sunday and beat you it won’t be because of bounties or we are a superior team. It will be because the NFL doesn’t want you hosting a Super Bowl. There’s your built in excuse.
LondonViking
Backup

Re: Built in excuse

Post by LondonViking »

Wow bet you are fun at parties.

As we say in Blighty Jog-on geezer.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Read the article. Not sure where you get that conclusion. Just because of logistical challenges someone with the NFL will tell the refs to screw the Vikings?

Seems far-fetched.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Old news. We've known for weeks there would be logistical issues if we make the Super Bowl.

Also, if what you say were the case, the NFL would be conspiring just as hard for Philadelphia to win this weekend. That would solve everything.

If you've come here to troll your way into a fight, you should know that we've banned several of your Saints fan brethren who came here to do the same. We stick to football here.

Do many Vikings fans loathe your team? Yes, no doubt. Forget Bountygate. There were a ton of blown calls in that 2009 game, every one of which went the Saints' way. It's been well-documented, not by us but by ESPN and others. And it's true that many Vikings fans believe the NFL bought into the whole feel-good story of the Saints post-Katrina, and gave your team the benefit of every doubt.

But we're also smart enough football fans to know that our 5 turnovers and crucial 12-men-in-the-huddle penalty sabotaged an otherwise dominating performance. Every Vikings fan knows we should have won that game in a blowout. Instead, our team handed your team the game on a silver platter. And that doesn't sit well with us.

This is a new day. There is no conspiracy. Only the best defense in the NFL, an offense that will shock you with how well they move the ball and dominate time of possession, a quarterback who makes good decision after good decision, and a coach who has created a team of selfless, passionate professionals who live and breathe for each other.

Bottom line: If you win this game, you will have earned it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

Chances are if your only argument for the Vikings doing anything but winning in dominant fashion is a giant conspiracy that doesn't even make sense, you already know the outcome will be a Vikings victory, you just haven't admitted it to yourself.

If anything, the NFL would love another super fanbase franchise and prefer a team with a new facility that has an owner willing to spend and a growing fanbase. No one gave two craps about Seattle or Denver before their small market teams won superbowls. And the NFL ratings have been down and there is substantial risk they won't be able to continue to sell out and have ticket inflation and growth forever. Jerry Jones is targeting Godell's job because the bloated cost of the beurocratic NFL without producing any growth to justify it. If there is one thing the NFL needs it is a big storyline to return fans and forever draw in hype for all future superbowls that it can be done and the demand will surge if it does, so "get your Super Bowl tickets early every year"!

Undrafted Keenum defeating HOF Brady would be the David and Goliath story and a victory would be the best thing for the NFL they could imagine (if they actually were capable of rigging outcomes). If they aren't capable of rigging outcomes, you haven't provided a single argument of why the result would be anything BUT a massive blowout victory for the home team.

Skol!

P.S. When Brees signs with the Vikings in the offseason after they win in their own stadium, even YOU may want to join the bandwagon. Why wait? Get on the waiting list for season tickets and join us now and you can avoid the heartbreak.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

I admire your banter, Bayoumilitia! I'd say we won't be baited, but given some of the responses I have seen in other threads, I am sure a few will bite. https://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380012
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purple Domination wrote:I admire your banter, Bayoumilitia! I'd say we won't be baited, but given some of the responses I have seen in other threads, I am sure a few will bite. https://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380012
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ouch!! Given what you said to your boys on the above link Bayoumilitia, I wont even bother reading that ridiculous article you posted
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ouch!! Given what you said to your boys on the above link Bayoumilitia, I wont even bother reading that ridiculous article you posted
From his post;
My thoughts exactly. I ought to post this article on their forum and start the panic.
I'm conflicted as to if I want to ban him for specifically coming here for that or if I should just let it go because it's one of the most stupid things I've ever read.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I went with banning.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote:I went with banning.
Approved.

God I hope we beat these guys.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly