Saints are the better team

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Breesus
Practice Squad

Re: Saints are the better team

Post by Breesus »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: :roll: Barr's hit was a tackle just like any other player would put on someone.

As for '09, Favre could barely walk by the end of the game. "Bounty crap"?? It happened. There is no denying that. Especially when Darren Sharper tweeted "X marks the spot" when everyone found out Favre's ankle was still an issue the following season and they played the Saints week 1. Pretty pathetic that your DC and that defense had to do that in order to try and win the game.
LOL - Your Viking tears are cold. You're so naive. You don't think that Griffen wants to drive Brees into the turf and inflict some pain? I'm sure AP's fumbles and Farve's picks had nothing to do with losing the NFCCG - it was because of bounties!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Breesus wrote: LOL - Your Viking tears are cold. You're so naive. You don't think that Griffen wants to drive Brees into the turf and inflict some pain? I'm sure AP's fumbles and Farve's picks had nothing to do with losing the NFCCG - it was because of bounties!
:lol: Football is football. But I can guarantee we dont have a bounty to go out and actually hurt Drew Brees. You guys did with Favre. Big difference. Sad that you cant admit that your DC and rest of your defense were a bunch of scumbags for doing that. Like I said, it's pathetic you had to do that in order to find a win. Couldnt just try and beat us outright. But keep throwing the insults out there. You'll quickly get banned from here. Although I would love to see your tears after your innocent Saints get whooped on Sunday
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Breesus
Practice Squad

Post by Breesus »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
:lol: Football is football. But I can guarantee we dont have a bounty to go out and actually hurt Drew Brees. You guys did with Favre. Big difference. Sad that you cant admit that your DC and rest of your defense were a bunch of scumbags for doing that. Like I said, it's pathetic you had to do that in order to find a win. Couldnt just try and beat us outright. But keep throwing the insults out there. You'll quickly get banned from here. Although I would love to see your tears after your innocent Saints get whooped on Sunday
You can't guarantee sh*t. Gregg Williams is a scumbag, but that's not why we won the World Championship that year. Like I said, you'd have a better argument complaining about the refs, as there were some bad calls made that day. Bottom line was turnovers, mostly thanks to AP and Farverer. I'll be back Monday with either congrats or to properly troll you, Mr. Percy. Our fan bases are not all that different. Saints fans were long suffering for many years. At least the Vikes have sniffed the Superbowl several times. Saints barely had a playoff win before mean ol' Sean Payton came to town.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Breesus wrote: Your post reeks of fear. So are you saying that Tampa, Chicago, Cleveland, and Cincy are good teams?! Hell, the only good teams that the Saints beat were in our division. A few others were marginal - the Lions, Skins, and Bills. I didn't come here spouting that the Saints will destroy the Vikes, just wanted to get a fan's take. Some of your brethren have made some thoughtful, knowledgeable comments, so thanks to them.
I don't have defend the intelligence of my posts to you. But you'd better believe, if a Saints fan like you parachutes in here, makes bad analyses of our team based on faulty declarations and nothing but your own opinion, then declares that the Minnesota Vikings haven't beaten anybody, I'm going to call you on it.

And since you assume I'm not thoughtful or knowledgeable, allow me to impart the only knowledge you need -- our defense is good enough to win this game even without a huge offensive contribution. Especially at US Bank Stadium. Now I'll do what you have consistently FAILED to do, which is back up my statement with cold, hard facts.

The 19 points your team scored in Week 1 were the most anyone scored in our building. Opponents have fewer than 3 third-down conversions PER GAME at US Bank Stadium. We've allowed 3 TDs in 8 games that weren't in garbage time, and two of those came on short fields after turnovers. Thus, only one team has taken the ball from its own end of the field and scored a meaningful touchdown. We've taken one versatile back after another (Gurley, Freeman, etc.) out of games, and we've stopped nearly every big-time receiver we've faced (Julio, AB, Evans, etc., etc.). No team in the past 6 home games has accumulated 300 yards of total offense, and only one has reached 250. I know what our defense does -- especially in this building -- to even the very best offensive teams, such as the Rams.

How's that? Thoughtful enough for you?

The only fear you're smelling is your own. Only confidence coming from me.
Last edited by J. Kapp 11 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

How great would it be to win this game 2016 style - with our defense scoring enough points to beat the Saints outright...
Breesus
Practice Squad

Post by Breesus »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I don't have defend the intelligence of my post to you. But you'd better believe, if a Saints fan like you parachutes in here, makes bad analyses of our team based on faulty declarations and nothing but your own opinion, then declares that the Minnesota Vikings haven't beaten anybody, I'm going to call you on it.

And since you assume I'm not thoughtful or knowledgeable, allow me to impart the only knowledge you need -- our defense is good enough to win this game even without a huge offensive contribution. Especially at US Bank Stadium. Now I'll do what you have consistently FAILED to do, which is back up my statement with cold, hard facts.

The 19 points your team scored in Week 1 were the most anyone scored in our building. Opponents have fewer than 3 third-down conversions PER GAME at US Bank Stadium. We've allowed 3 TDs in 8 games that weren't in garbage time, and two of those came on short fields after turnovers. Thus, only one team has taken the ball from its own end of the field and scored a meaningful touchdown. We've taken one versatile back after another (Gurley, Freeman, etc.) out of games, and we've stopped nearly every big-time receiver we've faced (Julio, AB, Evans, etc., etc.). No team in the past 6 home games has accumulated 300 yards of total offense, and only one has reached 250. I know what our defense does -- especially in this building -- to even the very best offensive teams, such as the Rams.

You're right, the Saints don't have a chance. The Vikes have the best defense in the league, playing at home with vengeance in mind. How embarrassing if they don't get the win. See you Monday.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Breesus wrote: You can't guarantee sh*t. Gregg Williams is a scumbag, but that's not why we won the World Championship that year. Like I said, you'd have a better argument complaining about the refs, as there were some bad calls made that day. Bottom line was turnovers, mostly thanks to AP and Farverer. I'll be back Monday with either congrats or to properly troll you, Mr. Percy. Our fan bases are not all that different. Saints fans were long suffering for many years. At least the Vikes have sniffed the Superbowl several times. Saints barely had a playoff win before mean ol' Sean Payton came to town.
Yup you're right. We have a bounty against Drew Brees. The same team that had it done to them is now going to go out there with a bounty on Brees. Do you realize how clueless and ridiculous you sound?? It's laughable. And I'm sure if you came on here to say congrats, you'd come along with a piss poor excuse as to why you lost.

Is there a reason this guy is still on this board?? Because he's done nothing but jaw back and forth with several fans on here and then admits he will troll if we were to lose. He's bringing nothing to this board IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I don't have defend the intelligence of my posts to you. But you'd better believe, if a Saints fan like you parachutes in here, makes bad analyses of our team based on faulty declarations and nothing but your own opinion, then declares that the Minnesota Vikings haven't beaten anybody, I'm going to call you on it.

Game.....Blouses
-Chazz Palminteri
Breesus
Practice Squad

Post by Breesus »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yup you're right. We have a bounty against Drew Brees. The same team that had it done to them is now going to go out there with a bounty on Brees. Do you realize how clueless and ridiculous you sound?? It's laughable. And I'm sure if you came on here to say congrats, you'd come along with a piss poor excuse as to why you lost.

Is there a reason this guy is still on this board?? Because he's done nothing but jaw back and forth with several fans on here and then admits he will troll if we were to lose. He's bringing nothing to this board IMO
Did I say that there is a bounty on Drew? No, you made that up. I was talking football before you started with your crybaby sh*t - look at the posts. I didn't say one insulting word until my city was insulted (Mogadishu) and all the bounty BS. So you keep believing the bounty was the reason for the results in '09, if it makes you feel better. I can't believe the fear in your posts - trying to run me off your board because you're scared of another Vikings letdown when they are favored on their home field. I didn't come here to troll (and haven't yet), but I'll be back to stick it in your face on Monday, or to wish you luck against the hated Falcons. That's how it works with real fans.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Breesus wrote: Did I say that there is a bounty on Drew? No, you made that up. I was talking football before you started with your crybaby sh*t - look at the posts. I didn't say one insulting word until my city was insulted (Mogadishu) and all the bounty BS. So you keep believing the bounty was the reason for the results in '09, if it makes you feel better. I can't believe the fear in your posts - trying to run me off your board because you're scared of another Vikings letdown when they are favored on their home field. I didn't come here to troll (and haven't yet), but I'll be back to stick it in your face on Monday, or to wish you luck against the hated Falcons. That's how it works with real fans.
How about you guys move this to the smack shack where it belongs?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Breesus wrote:Did I say that there is a bounty on Drew? No, you made that up. I was talking football before you started with your crybaby sh*t - look at the posts. I didn't say one insulting word until my city was insulted (Mogadishu) and all the bounty BS. So you keep believing the bounty was the reason for the results in '09, if it makes you feel better. I can't believe the fear in your posts - trying to run me off your board because you're scared of another Vikings letdown when they are favored on their home field. I didn't come here to troll (and haven't yet), but I'll be back to stick it in your face on Monday, or to wish you luck against the hated Falcons. That's how it works with real fans.
First - everybody simmer down. It's a big game and fans are a little tense lol

Second - I don't think many people think the Vikings lost specifically for the bounty. Lots of other reasons come into play as mentioned. Calling it "crap" is silly though. It happened and it *did* impact the outcome of the game. The injury to Favre in the 3rd quarter certainly impacted the rest of his game. The most crucial turnover (Favre's last) came after he was injured ... I've heard it's difficult for a QB to pass when they can barely stand on one of their feet.

As far as Payton's hands being clean ... please ... I'm sure you'd like to believe your head coach isn't a scum bag but a player on the sideline at the time was yelling "pay me my money!" after Favre was injured. There's no way he didn't know.
During the 2009 NFC title game, which both sparked the league’s investigation and served as the most obvious example of assault and battery of an opposing quarterback, King writes that, after an unflagged high-low hit on Brett Favre resulted in a sprained ankle, an unnamed Saints defender was heard saying on an on-field microphone, “Pay me my money!”
The Saints did in fact put a "bounty" on our starting quarterback with the aim to take him out of the game. Forget the loss impacting the outcome. It wouldn't have mattered if we had won - people don't forget stuff like that.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

Get real there were a litany of reasons we lost in 2009 how can you possibly point out one? The turnovers, bad calls, the bounty, and bad coaching (12 men in the huddle). To me, even after it all, I still would have felt much better with at least a 55 yard chance at a field goal to go to the Super Bowl. That 12th men in the huddle will forever be mind boggling as to the level of coaching stupidity. Maybe Treadwell will catch the winning TD for us this week I wonder what the odds are of that.
Breesus
Practice Squad

Post by Breesus »

Cliff wrote: First - everybody simmer down. It's a big game and fans are a little tense lol

Second - I don't think many people think the Vikings lost specifically for the bounty. Lots of other reasons come into play as mentioned. Calling it "crap" is silly though. It happened and it *did* impact the outcome of the game. The injury to Favre in the 3rd quarter certainly impacted the rest of his game. The most crucial turnover (Favre's last) came after he was injured ... I've heard it's difficult for a QB to pass when they can barely stand on one of their feet.

As far as Payton's hands being clean ... please ... I'm sure you'd like to believe your head coach isn't a scum bag but a player on the sideline at the time was yelling "pay me my money!" after Favre was injured. There's no way he didn't know.
The Saints did in fact put a "bounty" on our starting quarterback with the aim to take him out of the game. Forget the loss impacting the outcome. It wouldn't have mattered if we had won - people don't forget stuff like that.
OK, OK, I can't say much against that. If they were actively trying to hurt opposing players for money (and there is evidence that some did), I agree that's a horrible tactic. Williams was fired and Payton suspended for an entire season and participating players got their due. It seems pretty difficult, though, to plan a high/low hit like what was done to Favre. Could it have happened without a so-called bounty? Sure thing. And the rest of the hits sure look legit to me. So, I agree with you, but disagree with those who say the bounty was the primary reason for the game results. Not sure how many Vikes are still on the roster from that time. Only Brees and our punter have been around long enough to have played in '09. I think we can agree that a bounty won't have any effect on the coming game.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Breesus wrote:
Did I say that there is a bounty on Drew? No, you made that up. I was talking football before you started with your crybaby sh*t - look at the posts. I didn't say one insulting word until my city was insulted (Mogadishu) and all the bounty BS. So you keep believing the bounty was the reason for the results in '09, if it makes you feel better. I can't believe the fear in your posts - trying to run me off your board because you're scared of another Vikings letdown when they are favored on their home field. I didn't come here to troll (and haven't yet), but I'll be back to stick it in your face on Monday, or to wish you luck against the hated Falcons. That's how it works with real fans.
Clearly you arent paying attention to what you are saying. I specifically said.....
But I can guarantee we dont have a bounty to go out and actually hurt Drew Brees.
You responded with.....
You can't guarantee sh*t.
Really?? :lol:

I insulted your city?? Seriously?? And you're calling me the cry baby?? I didnt say a word about the city of New Orleans. I said your coach and those players were scumbags. Period. You've done nothing but troll on here. I get on here to talk Viking football with fellow fans and enjoy it. I dont like coming on here reading posts like yours and you getting in arguments with a bunch of fans on here already trying to defend your bounty scandal. No less you're sitting here saying that you will come back Monday to run your mouth if you were to win. How old are we?? Talk about the game or take a hike. Nobody wants to listen to you defend those dirt bags and run your mouth. You've already worn out your welcome.
-Chazz Palminteri
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You do see the folly in your "haven't beaten a decent team" statement, don't you?

We not only beat those teams -- including your Saints -- but we beat them HANDILY. Every one of them. Beat your team the worst. You got four field goals until garbage time, when the game was 29-12.

And by the way, you LOST to the same teams we beat! The Rams. Tampa. Spit with Atlanta. So where do you get off telling Vikings fans our team hasn't beaten anybody?

Face it. We're at home, and we're the better team. Which means your season ends Sunday. You know it, and we know it.

Kapp... I've never seen you so lippy!

I like it! SKOL!