Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleMustReign wrote:How is the even possible? That's insane!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Wait, they gave up TDs to Tampa before the game was over, what are they calling garbage time?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

X-factor? Has this been discussed yet? I'm split on Treadwell or Wright, but considering that Wright has already come up big in certain spots for the Vikings already this year, I'm leaning him. I just feel a lot of focus will be paid to TD (Thielen & Diggs) and not to say they still won't produce, but I think some crucial 3rd down and redzone opportunities will be presented to Wright or Treadwell.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PacificNorseWest wrote:X-factor? Has this been discussed yet? I'm split on Treadwell or Wright, but considering that Wright has already come up big in certain spots for the Vikings already this year, I'm leaning him. I just feel a lot of focus will be paid to TD (Thielen & Diggs) and not to say they still won't produce, but I think some crucial 3rd down and redzone opportunities will be presented to Wright or Treadwell.
BTW Wright has 100 more snaps on offense more than Floyd. And half of what Treadwell has. Compared to Treadwell, he has 2 less receptions and 2 less yards. Plus 2 TD's to Treadwells 0.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:Has this hype video been posted yet? Holy crap it's well done. Goosebumps.

http://www.batflipsports.com/heres-viki ... ssion=true
Almost brought multiple tears to my eyes.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Almost brought multiple tears to my eyes.
Same here! That was an exceptionally well done and moving production. Bravo! :beerock:

Now, and this is a serious question, how in the hell do we get that video to the Vikings' front office so that can be shown to the entire team on Friday before practice starts. If it was moving to us, imagine what it would do to those guys sitting in an auditorium together in silence? How could you not get jacked to give everything you've got after seeing that? Does anybody here have connections with somebody on the staff so this video gets some visibility? Probably 99% of the folks that will be at the game will have not seen this and imagine the effect it would have in the stadium if shown before the team blows out of the tunnel? :smilevike: :govikes: :slice: :v): :point:

On that note - how can we get the organization to have some video of Favre feeling the full weight of Bountygate shown on the Jumbotron before kickoff?? I don't think the NFL would allow it, but maybe one of our more tech savy members can hack into the production room and slip it in. :thumbsup:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Trkn10 wrote:Now, and this is a serious question, how in the hell do we get that video to the Vikings' front office so that can be shown to the entire team on Friday before practice starts.
I know a guy. And I just sent it to him. I doubt it gets to Zimmer but you never know.
On that note - how can we get the organization to have some video of Favre feeling the full weight of Bountygate shown on the Jumbotron before kickoff?? I don't think the NFL would allow it, but maybe one of our more tech savy members can hack into the production room and slip it in. :thumbsup:
Ha!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I want Favre to blow the gjallerhorn on Sunday. Can that happen?

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I want Favre to blow the gjallerhorn on Sunday. Can that happen?

Maybe it's just me but I kind of never want Favre's lips anywhere near the Gjallarhorn. 2009 was awesome, but let's not forget where he spent most of his career.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote: Maybe it's just me but I kind of never want Favre's lips anywhere near the Gjallarhorn. 2009 was awesome, but let's not forget where he spent most of his career.
I know. It would still be kind of cool.

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

That is an incredible stat.

Let me repeat that for Saints fans.

The Vikings allowed 3 -- that's THREE -- TDs at home that were not in garbage time. That's ALL SEASON.

But wait. There's more.

Of those 3 TDs, 2 came on short fields following turnovers.

That means the Minnesota Vikings allowed just one length-of-the-field drive for a TD by an opponent in US Bank Stadium -- in the entire season.

If you Saints fans think your team is going to come into USB and march up and down the field for touchdowns, I have only one thing to say.

GET. REAL.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Should get uncle Burnsie up to blow the horn and give a few words of encouragement. Some very good teams in the late 80's with some stout defense.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Here's another great stat for fans of the Vikings defense.

Just 23 third-down conversions allowed at home all season in 99 attempts. That's less than 3 allowed per game, at a rate of 23.2%.
Last edited by J. Kapp 11 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I know. It would still be kind of cool.
Even though there are many more Vikings that deserve the honor, Favre blowing it would be totally symbolic and appropriate, and I would bet the stadium would go crazy. :govikes:

And Dead Poet - thanks for sending it to your friend. Hopefully he can get some movement with it.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Trkn10 wrote: Even though there are many more Vikings that deserve the honor, Favre blowing it would be totally symbolic and appropriate, and I would bet the stadium would go crazy. :govikes:

And Dead Poet - thanks for sending it to your friend. Hopefully he can get some movement with it.
Well I would rather someone like Page do it. Or Tark, or maybe Krause.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

If you want to sleep better, read this

Vikings vs. Saints: A Playoff Preview
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014