Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion

Post by mansquatch »

I love the idea of Favre blowing the horn. They need to blow that bad boy more often.

I'm so pumped for this game. :govikes:
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

To all the members on this forum with tickets to the game, thank you in advance for being loud and obnoxious to the Saints team and fan base. Please remember that Saints fans are people too, I guess. If you have to scar some Saints fan, please let it be emotional. If there has to be some physical scars, just a little one please, for the kids, for the kids.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Will the doors be open? Why did they build those big doors if they WON'T be open for a playoff game against a deep south dome team? The doors need to be open.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

fiestavike wrote:Will the doors be open? Why did they build those big doors if they WON'T be open for a playoff game against a deep south dome team? The doors need to be open.
I agree.
tzinc
Backup

Post by tzinc »

this Vikings team has one of the best defences in NFL history

mainstream media has completely underplayed how GREAT the Vikes defence was this year in terms of All Time Defences

our offence only needs to manage the game just do nothing too crazy - Case is efficient and we have good runners and receivers and o-line - or OC has done a great job calling plays all year

Wright is one of the best 3rd down receivers in football he is special
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

tzinc wrote:this Vikings team has one of the best defences in NFL history

mainstream media has completely underplayed how GREAT the Vikes defence was this year in terms of All Time Defences

our offence only needs to manage the game just do nothing too crazy - Case is efficient and we have good runners and receivers and o-line - or OC has done a great job calling plays all year

Wright is one of the best 3rd down receivers in football he is special

I think it's because this Vikings defense is not flashy. Not very many sacks or turnovers like Jacksonville. You don't get the sense they put fear in other fan bases. There is no 'boom' in this defense. They have gap discipline, they know their assignments, they communicate well, they tackle unbelievably well, they have the right talent at the right positions.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote: Maybe it's just me but I kind of never want Favre's lips anywhere near the Gjallarhorn. 2009 was awesome, but let's not forget where he spent most of his career.
I dont think they should even let Favre in the US Bank stadium :)
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Long time out of state fan (my 47th season) and I am nervously pumped for this game. My biggest concern is that the Saints throw deep often and the laundry starts flying because our secondary gets a little "handsy." So many times this year I was pleasantly surprised when our D got off the field when I know in prior seasons they were penalized for the exact same coverage. Even the game in Green Bay, I thought we got beneficial coverage calls that we've never gotten there before.
Really hoping we win and Atlanta beats Philly. My oldest son bought two Loge sideline tickets for NFC Championship in Minnesota. My dream is we're up 3 scores with about 5 minutes left in the NFCCG. One side of the stadium yells "SUPER" and the other side replies "BOWL." It goes back and forth for 5 minutes or at least when Atl has the ball. GOOSEBUMPS just thinking about it.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

mansquatch wrote:I love the idea of Favre blowing the horn. They need to blow that bad boy more often.
What do you mean by more often? Don't they use it at the start of every game?
Muqali
Practice Squad

Post by Muqali »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I want Favre to blow the gjallerhorn on Sunday. Can that happen?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Maybe if they paint it a flesh color and add some balls to it.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote:Long time out of state fan (my 47th season) and I am nervously pumped for this game. My biggest concern is that the Saints throw deep often and the laundry starts flying because our secondary gets a little "handsy." So many times this year I was pleasantly surprised when our D got off the field when I know in prior seasons they were penalized for the exact same coverage. Even the game in Green Bay, I thought we got beneficial coverage calls that we've never gotten there before.
Really hoping we win and Atlanta beats Philly. My oldest son bought two Loge sideline tickets for NFC Championship in Minnesota. My dream is we're up 3 scores with about 5 minutes left in the NFCCG. One side of the stadium yells "SUPER" and the other side replies "BOWL." It goes back and forth for 5 minutes or at least when Atl has the ball. GOOSEBUMPS just thinking about it.
I think the big difference this year in our coverage is that guys like Trae Waynes are learning to turn back, look for the ball, and use their bodies to move receivers off their path rather than their hands. Zimmer and company have coached them so well.

Zimmer is also a big proponent of the trail technique, where the receiver gets his hands on the ball, and the defender rips the hands and arms apart, rather than going for the ball. Our guys are really beginning to get good at it. It's a huge area of improvement for both Waynes and Alexander. Our DBs break up a lot of passes that receivers get their hands on.

I'm with you on the goosebumps. I honestly believe this might be the year ... at least to get back to the Super Bowl. And if we do get back, holy cow, what a scene that would be. The Super Bowl in our home stadium. Can you imagine? I think about our guys running out of the tunnel before that game to a thunderous ovation -- gives me chills, man. I've been a fan about the same number of years as you. This is year 49 for me. I've been waiting my whole life for something like this. I promise you, if they win the Lombardi Trophy, I'll cry like a school girl. Not afraid to admit that. Probably won't go to work for about a week. There's just a different feeling to this team than any I can remember since the days of Bud Grant. I don't know if they'll do it, but I know they CAN.

We just need to start by sending the Saints back to New Orleans with their tails between their legs. We need to crush these guys!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Muqali wrote: Maybe if they paint it a flesh color and add some balls to it.
I'm not sure that was necessary.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

fiestavike wrote:Will the doors be open? Why did they build those big doors if they WON'T be open for a playoff game against a deep south dome team? The doors need to be open.

Zimmer said the doors would not be open in the presser a couple days ago
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

The @RealJackAndrade found that, since Week 10, Keenum and Brees have been two of the top three quarterbacks in the league by passer rating, with Keenum posting a 107.2 mark and Brees a 104.1. Only Matt Stafford (105.0) can compare since that time.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966