View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3388
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
Mothman wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Since we know it's going to come up. People are going to point to the Saints RB's and claim that will be the reason they are a better team than the Vikings. So, I did a little number crunching and came up with this. Yes they have been better than the Vikings RB's. But not by much. I took the numbers from the last 12 games. Since Murray/Mckinnon didn't really play much those first 4 games I thought it was only fair to compare the players in the same amount of games. This actually benefits the Saints players because in those first 4 games the Saints RB's only had 1 TD between the two of them. Yeah, 4 games, 1 TD, rushing or receiving.

Anyway. Stats are on a per game basis.

Code:
                 ATP    YPG   YPA   REC   YPG    YPC
Murry/McKinnon   28.5   112   3.9   4.7   39.7   8.5
Kamara/Ingrahm   24.4   133   5.5   8.7   80.8   9.3


It should also be noted that in those last 12 games, the Saints played 6 games against teams ranked in the bottom 10 of rushing defense in the league. So 56% of their yardage came against teams ranked 23rd or worse in rushing for the year. Tampa, 23rd. 2 games. Jets 24th, Rams 28th, Bills 29th, Redskins 32nd. Vikings only had 3 games against teams in that range(Redskins, Rams and Bengals). 25% of Vikings yardage came against teams ranked in the bottom 10.



An average difference of 62 yards from scrimmage a game actually seems pretty substantial.


This isn't really a good comparison. The Saints rely much more on their backs in the passing game than the Vikings do. If one wants to round that out, add the two starting WR and TE numbers. My suspicion is the MN players will have superior stats as we have a better perimeter game and YAC game than the Saints with those positions. It is no secret that the biggest threat on the NO offense is Kamara.

IMO a more interesting topic is the Saints Defense vs. our Offense only because there are bigger question marks there. Are they going to be able to upset Keenum? Can they contain our power running game? Are they going to get us to give up the ball where so many other have not?

What about intangibles like playoff experience? I actually think this might be an issue for the Vikings. This is their second playoff game in the Zimmer era. Are some of these guys going to have jitters?

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:25 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3304
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
I haven't commented all year and haven't followed the season too closely but I have to drop in and ask...

Will the doors be open? The doors should be open!


Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
fiestavike wrote:
I haven't commented all year and haven't followed the season too closely but I have to drop in and ask...

Will the doors be open? The doors should be open!


Doubtful

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 am
Profile
Franchise Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 am
Posts: 461
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
808vikingsfan wrote:
Forgot how bad the officiating was in 2009.


:puke:

_________________
Formerly AADPFan


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 am
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10984
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
dead_poet wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
I haven't commented all year and haven't followed the season too closely but I have to drop in and ask...

Will the doors be open? The doors should be open!


Doubtful


Agreed. Speaking of which, how cold is it in there with the doors closed this time of year? I've been to the stadium twice but both times it was in September.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:04 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 3176
Location: Sebastian, FL
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
mansquatch wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Since we know it's going to come up. People are going to point to the Saints RB's and claim that will be the reason they are a better team than the Vikings. So, I did a little number crunching and came up with this. Yes they have been better than the Vikings RB's. But not by much. I took the numbers from the last 12 games. Since Murray/Mckinnon didn't really play much those first 4 games I thought it was only fair to compare the players in the same amount of games. This actually benefits the Saints players because in those first 4 games the Saints RB's only had 1 TD between the two of them. Yeah, 4 games, 1 TD, rushing or receiving.

Anyway. Stats are on a per game basis.

Code:
                 ATP    YPG   YPA   REC   YPG    YPC
Murry/McKinnon   28.5   112   3.9   4.7   39.7   8.5
Kamara/Ingrahm   24.4   133   5.5   8.7   80.8   9.3


It should also be noted that in those last 12 games, the Saints played 6 games against teams ranked in the bottom 10 of rushing defense in the league. So 56% of their yardage came against teams ranked 23rd or worse in rushing for the year. Tampa, 23rd. 2 games. Jets 24th, Rams 28th, Bills 29th, Redskins 32nd. Vikings only had 3 games against teams in that range(Redskins, Rams and Bengals). 25% of Vikings yardage came against teams ranked in the bottom 10.



An average difference of 62 yards from scrimmage a game actually seems pretty substantial.


This isn't really a good comparison. The Saints rely much more on their backs in the passing game than the Vikings do. If one wants to round that out, add the two starting WR and TE numbers. My suspicion is the MN players will have superior stats as we have a better perimeter game and YAC game than the Saints with those positions. It is no secret that the biggest threat on the NO offense is Kamara.

IMO a more interesting topic is the Saints Defense vs. our Offense only because there are bigger question marks there. Are they going to be able to upset Keenum? Can they contain our power running game? Are they going to get us to give up the ball where so many other have not?

What about intangibles like playoff experience? I actually think this might be an issue for the Vikings. This is their second playoff game in the Zimmer era. Are some of these guys going to have jitters?

Yes they do. And relying on those backs in the passing game may be their down fall.

Two players make up most of their offense. Kamara and Ingrahm. Stop them and you stop the Saints. So the question becomes can we stop those two from running and limit them in the passing game? That's the real story.

Yards from scrimmage.
Code:
Mark Ingram      1540
Alvin Kamara     1554
Michael Thomas   1245
Ted Ginn          826
Brandon Coleman   364
Coby Fleener      295


Vikings are more balanced on offense.

Yards from scrimmage.
Code:
Adam Thielen       1287
Jerick McKinnon     991
Latavius Murray     945
Stefon Diggs        862
Kyle Rudolph        532
Laquon Treadwell    200
Jarius Wright       198


BTW, the Saints haven't been to the playoffs since 2013. Vikings 2015. So they have what? One game more of playoff experience? Last week?

_________________
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966


Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:39 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6853
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
mosscarter wrote:
They will murder us it won't even be close.

Yeah, we know. You created a whole thread about it. Boo freakin' hoo.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:44 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6853
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
I'm glad Pete Morelli isn't the referee this game.

However, we're getting Gene "Index Card" Steratore, complete with all his theatrics and "I want some face time" antics.

If anything puts this game in jeopardy for the Vikings, it's this slightly unhinged zebra.

That said, we win by double digits.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:50 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Posts: 5704
Location: The Great White North
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
mosscarter wrote:
They will murder us it won't even be close.

Yeah, we know. You created a whole thread about it. Boo freakin' hoo.


The truly funny part of mosscarter's post is that, if he truly believes what he's saying, then the Saints can't possibly murder the Vikes on Sunday. For the loss to be appropriately devastating, the Saints will have to win by having an otherwise errant Drew Brees hail mary deflect off Andrew Sendejo before bouncing off the crossbar, then off the head of a ref before finally settling into the arms of Brees himself as he runs downfield and falls into the endzone while tripping on Harrison Smith, who is laying on the ground after being lasered by said Andrew Sendejo who missed the tackle on the ref.

An outright Saints murdering of the Vikings just wouldn't hold anywhere near true to form if that's what he's really afraid of.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18249
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
I smell a troll among us.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 332
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
PurpleMustReign wrote:
I smell a troll among us.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


The fact that the other thread has more replies than this one shows that we have fallen into his trap!


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 3220
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
Before Wildcard weekend, the Rams were the media darlings of the NFC.

Now it's the Saints turn.

Been trying to overload on all the sports shows the past couple of days and I've come to the conclusion the Vikings are still under the radar. Yes there are a couple of websites choosing the Vikings to make it to the SB but as far as all the talking heads on TV, all I'm hearing is how much better Brees is over Keenum. I mean there's no way Keenum has a chance against a HOF QB right? Last I checked, football is a team sport. I've yet to hear one show analyze the Vikings D vs the Saints O and vise versa. Here's an example. Better QB? Saints. Better running attack? Saints. Better receivers(includes RBs)? Saints. Better Defense? Vikings. Better coach? Saints. Winner: Saints!

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 pm
Profile
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 332
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
However, we're getting Gene "Index Card" Steratore, complete with all his theatrics and "I want some face time" antics.

If anything puts this game in jeopardy for the Vikings, it's this slightly unhinged zebra.


His antics don’t come immediately to mind. Is there a specific instance or two that were particularly memorable?


Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:48 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6853
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
Purple Domination wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
However, we're getting Gene "Index Card" Steratore, complete with all his theatrics and "I want some face time" antics.

If anything puts this game in jeopardy for the Vikings, it's this slightly unhinged zebra.


His antics don’t come immediately to mind. Is there a specific instance or two that were particularly memorable?

Pretty much that entire Dallas-Oakland game.

He's known throughout the league to be pretty dramatic for the cameras. Even Mike Piererra has said so on air. Not that he's a bad ref, but pretty dramatic.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:32 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:37 pm
Posts: 195
Location: Sweden
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
S197 wrote:
Agreed. Speaking of which, how cold is it in there with the doors closed this time of year? I've been to the stadium twice but both times it was in September.

I've been to a game where it was low 20's outside and it was still a comfortable high 60's, low 70's inside with doors closed.
I remember going to a game when the doors were open and it was quite cold outside, perhaps low 40s. I think the inside temps were around mid 50's then.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:08 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 598
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
https://youtu.be/0DA9Ll-K3_A

really well made hype video of thielen.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:14 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3388
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
808vikingsfan wrote:
Before Wildcard weekend, the Rams were the media darlings of the NFC.

Now it's the Saints turn.

Been trying to overload on all the sports shows the past couple of days and I've come to the conclusion the Vikings are still under the radar. Yes there are a couple of websites choosing the Vikings to make it to the SB but as far as all the talking heads on TV, all I'm hearing is how much better Brees is over Keenum. I mean there's no way Keenum has a chance against a HOF QB right? Last I checked, football is a team sport. I've yet to hear one show analyze the Vikings D vs the Saints O and vise versa. Here's an example. Better QB? Saints. Better running attack? Saints. Better receivers(includes RBs)? Saints. Better Defense? Vikings. Better coach? Saints. Winner: Saints!


It has been the same story all season. We might have broken through the media blinders if we had beaten Carolina and captured the #1 seed with a 14-2 record, but otherwise it is the same old "cult of the QB" crap. It is the same reason everyone said GB was the best team in the NFC at the start of the season. Its is the same reason we all get annoyed at all the fawning over Rogers and the Packers every season.

After the Saints game last week, the Fox crew (Long, Bradshaw, etc.) were talking about how the Vikings Defense would be a far more challenging unit for the Saints to face than the Panthers. They made it obvious that they felt the Vikings were a superior defense.

Bottom line, we are not getting respect because the media thought process is basically QB >>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. Our team has turned that idea on it's head, but until we win a Lombardi trophy they won't notice. Heck even if we do win it, there will still probably be some who talk about it as a fluke. All because our QB is named Case Keenum.

Enjoy their group thing and learn from it. But don't let it get you down.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:23 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4914
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
mansquatch wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
Before Wildcard weekend, the Rams were the media darlings of the NFC.

Now it's the Saints turn.

Been trying to overload on all the sports shows the past couple of days and I've come to the conclusion the Vikings are still under the radar. Yes there are a couple of websites choosing the Vikings to make it to the SB but as far as all the talking heads on TV, all I'm hearing is how much better Brees is over Keenum. I mean there's no way Keenum has a chance against a HOF QB right? Last I checked, football is a team sport. I've yet to hear one show analyze the Vikings D vs the Saints O and vise versa. Here's an example. Better QB? Saints. Better running attack? Saints. Better receivers(includes RBs)? Saints. Better Defense? Vikings. Better coach? Saints. Winner: Saints!


It has been the same story all season. We might have broken through the media blinders if we had beaten Carolina and captured the #1 seed with a 14-2 record, but otherwise it is the same old "cult of the QB" crap. It is the same reason everyone said GB was the best team in the NFC at the start of the season. Its is the same reason we all get annoyed at all the fawning over Rogers and the Packers every season.

After the Saints game last week, the Fox crew (Long, Bradshaw, etc.) were talking about how the Vikings Defense would be a far more challenging unit for the Saints to face than the Panthers. They made it obvious that they felt the Vikings were a superior defense.

Bottom line, we are not getting respect because the media thought process is basically QB >>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. Our team has turned that idea on it's head, but until we win a Lombardi trophy they won't notice. Heck even if we do win it, there will still probably be some who talk about it as a fluke. All because our QB is named Case Keenum.

Enjoy their group thing and learn from it. But don't let it get you down.


Well said brother! It is very annoying. The sad thing is, dont be surprised that if we win the Super Bowl, the Packers are still picked to win the NFC North going into next year. All because of Aaron Rodgers. What these analysts dont realize, we've proved that we can beat Aaron Rodgers. More than once. And this team is currently the best it has been since Zimmer has gotten here. It bothers me that nobody shows us much love but I'm use to it and I enjoy being the underdog.

Two guys that do love us though..... Peter Schraeger of Good Morning Football and Bucky Brooks from Move The Sticks. I still say that Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah are the two smartest minds out there. Especially when it comes to the draft. They were both former scouts for quite some time and know their sh##. And week after week, Bucky Brooks picks us to win. Just watched their clip regarding this upcoming game and he said we would win and then get to the Super Bowl. I trust him more than I do some of these other clowns. I always have.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:34 am
Profile
Backup

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:31 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Southwest Missouri
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
I find this strange:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... zZdixZzZui

The Minnesota Vikings might have a decision to make with their backup quarterback on Sunday in the divisional round of the playoffs, but head coach Mike Zimmer says he thinks he knows who it will be.

As for the public knowing, “you’ll have to wait until Sunday,” Zimmer said.

After leading the Vikings to a 13-3 regular season, Case Keenum, who went 11-3 as the starter, should be the starter, but Zimmer’s backup decision will come down to Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford – both of them starters in the previous two years – for the backup spot.
Bridgewater was activated to the 53-man roster for the first time since the 2015 season on Nov. 8, when he was deemed recovered enough from his dislocated knee (August 2016) and subsequent surgery. Bridgewater returned to the active roster on Nov. 8, 2017, the same day that the Vikings placed Bradford on injured reserve after his knee wasn’t responding to treatment. A cleanup surgery on Bradford’s knee performed in early November was considered the “last resort,” the quarterback said.

But last week Bradford started practicing for the first time since October and was encouraged by how his knee felt. He hasn’t been activated to the 53-man roster yet, but the Vikings will have to make a decision on his status next week (or before) if they advance to the conference championship.

“He had two days of practice and he got about one third of the reps; we’ll just take our time and see how he goes,” Zimmer said.

Bradford started the regular-season opener against the New Orleans Saints, the same team the Vikings face Sunday in the divisional round of the playoffs, and threw for 346 yards and three touchdowns in a 29-19 win.

Since then, however, his knee acted up and it’s been Case Keenum for all but a half game.

Keenum has had two 300-yard games, but in the last three games has thrown for 236, 139 and 189 yards. Zimmer would like to see a more explosive offense on Sunday.

“I think we were efficient offensively in the last three games. I don’t think we were exactly explosive, so hopefully we can be a little more explosive,” Zimmer said. “It may be one of those kind of games. I think for the most part we did a decent job on third downs, we ran the ball efficiently. We had a high percentage of completions, but you want to get some big plays in there and we really didn’t generate big plays, I guess, in the last three games.”

I assumed that Bridgewater was the back-up QB for the rest of the year, but Zimmer's emphasis on "explosiveness", or the lack thereof, leaves it wide open apparently.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 am
Profile
Waterboy

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:13 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
I am so tired of all the talking heads, most of which have never played a down of football, saying this is Keenum against Brees. It is not. It is Brees against the #1 defense in the NFL and Keenum against what, the #15???? Stop with the history about Brees, please. He is a stat whore that if he was so great would have won more playoff games. This season Keenum is actually playing right with him, if not better. :wallbang:


Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 am
Profile
Waterboy

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:13 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
mansquatch wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Since we know it's going to come up. People are going to point to the Saints RB's and claim that will be the reason they are a better team than the Vikings. So, I did a little number crunching and came up with this. Yes they have been better than the Vikings RB's. But not by much. I took the numbers from the last 12 games. Since Murray/Mckinnon didn't really play much those first 4 games I thought it was only fair to compare the players in the same amount of games. This actually benefits the Saints players because in those first 4 games the Saints RB's only had 1 TD between the two of them. Yeah, 4 games, 1 TD, rushing or receiving.

Anyway. Stats are on a per game basis.

Code:
                 ATP    YPG   YPA   REC   YPG    YPC
Murry/McKinnon   28.5   112   3.9   4.7   39.7   8.5
Kamara/Ingrahm   24.4   133   5.5   8.7   80.8   9.3


It should also be noted that in those last 12 games, the Saints played 6 games against teams ranked in the bottom 10 of rushing defense in the league. So 56% of their yardage came against teams ranked 23rd or worse in rushing for the year. Tampa, 23rd. 2 games. Jets 24th, Rams 28th, Bills 29th, Redskins 32nd. Vikings only had 3 games against teams in that range(Redskins, Rams and Bengals). 25% of Vikings yardage came against teams ranked in the bottom 10.



An average difference of 62 yards from scrimmage a game actually seems pretty substantial.


This isn't really a good comparison. The Saints rely much more on their backs in the passing game than the Vikings do. If one wants to round that out, add the two starting WR and TE numbers. My suspicion is the MN players will have superior stats as we have a better perimeter game and YAC game than the Saints with those positions. It is no secret that the biggest threat on the NO offense is Kamara.

IMO a more interesting topic is the Saints Defense vs. our Offense only because there are bigger question marks there. Are they going to be able to upset Keenum? Can they contain our power running game? Are they going to get us to give up the ball where so many other have not?

What about intangibles like playoff experience? I actually think this might be an issue for the Vikings. This is their second playoff game in the Zimmer era. Are some of these guys going to have jitters?


I would love to see a stat of the New Orleans yards after first contact. I have watched a bunch of their games and they have so much after contact yards from bad tackling on the other team. One thing I can say about the Vikings is they don't miss many tackles and that is why they have shut people down this year.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:00 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3388
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
DViking32 wrote:
I would love to see a stat of the New Orleans yards after first contact. I have watched a bunch of their games and they have so much after contact yards from bad tackling on the other team. One thing I can say about the Vikings is they don't miss many tackles and that is why they have shut people down this year.


Excellent observation. That is the key to stopping guys like Kamara. It is worth noting that the main reason the Panthers D failed last week wasn't because of Kamara, but because their Secondary couldn't cover. I like our LBs vs. Kamara, they've proven they can keep guys like him in check this season. They shut down Freeman and Gurley. So if we can stop him, does that means people then think that our secondary is going to have trouble covering the NO WR corps? I mean is that seriously a thing? We shut down Julio Jones. Rhodes made just about every guy he played this year look pedestrian. Now suddenly Michael Thomas is going to blow up on him for 100 yards and 2 TD? It is just asinine. The idea that the Saints Offense is going to jsut blow up on us is far from pre-ordained.

This then begs the question. If they don't blow up, why do we think the Saints D can keep them in the game against our Offense? I don't see the merit there either.

The Vikings should win this game. Anything can happen, but Vegas is right to have them as the favorites.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 3220
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
DViking32 wrote:
I would love to see a stat of the New Orleans yards after first contact. I have watched a bunch of their games and they have so much after contact yards from bad tackling on the other team. One thing I can say about the Vikings is they don't miss many tackles and that is why they have shut people down this year.


This is the most fundamentally sound, most disciplined, and most unselfish defense I've ever witnessed.

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:22 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
Has this hype video been posted yet? Holy crap it's well done. Goosebumps.

http://www.batflipsports.com/heres-viki ... ssion=true

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
Wow.

https://twitter.com/Krauserrific/status ... 1994043395

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:55 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 3220
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
No injury report yet?

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:01 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24170
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
808vikingsfan wrote:
No injury report yet?


Just posted in the other thread.

All Vikings practicing.

(not sure if anyone limited)

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3388
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion



:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :govikes:

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 3220
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
dead_poet wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
No injury report yet?


Just posted in the other thread.

All Vikings practicing.

(not sure if anyone limited)


Just saw that. Thanks. Great news!

This week is crawling. Can't believe it's only Wednesday.

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:20 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18249
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Divisional Round: Vikings vs Saints Pre-Game Discussion
How is the even possible? That's insane!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.