View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 SB 
Fenrir

Post Re: SB
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
S197 wrote:
I very much think the theory that Belichick wanted to trade Brady but was overruled by Kraft is plausible. And as a FU to Kraft, Belichick traded away Garoppolo leaving the Patriots with no heir apparent. Lets not forget he also traded Jacoby Brissett. Who the heck does that with a 40+ year old QB? I mean look at what Garoppolo is doing in SF, I find it hard to believe BB didn't know what he had in this kid.

Where did you hear about this desire of Belichick to trade Brady? I've not heard this.

I can completely believe what's written in the ESPN piece. Brady has been a different cat recently. This thing with his fitness brand is strange in some ways, but understandable in others. What is Tom Brady going to do when he retires? My guess ... TB12. He's gonna be a brand, and fitness is what he's peddling. What better way to promote and legitimize the TB12 program than by playing until you're 45?

According to the article, BB loved Garappolo and saw him as the heir apparent to TB. Supposedly Kraft ordered him to trade JG, and it really ticked Belichick off. You guys know how Belichick is ... he doesn't care if you're Tom Brady or Tom Thumb, if he thinks you're past your prime, he'll get rid of you. TB probably saw the writing on the wall.

It begs an interesting question. If Robert Kraft were forced to dump either Brady or Belichick, who would he choose?

Heard it while listening to sports talk radio in the car. I think it was Colin Cowherd. It's just speculation but I think something happened, it makes no sense to trade Jimmy and Jacoby especially for the pick and player they got in return.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:34 pm
Career Elite Player

I guess we'll see, but the media has a hard on for drumming up these stories at the right time. It's about 2 years and 3 weeks from when the deflate gate story became way over blown in that lull between CCG and the SB. This is a bit of a different ordeal, but it could also be something overblown. Brady ain't playing forever though and Belichick can coach longer than Brady can play, so a decision has to be made at some point. You felt GQ Jimmy was next in line, so him being traded does raise eyebrows.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
Hoo boy. Hopefully Zimmer can keep these guys focused and not reading their own press.

Why the Vikings are a Super Bowl Favorite

Quote:
They say defense wins championships. And over the last nine post-seasons, the #1 defense in points allowed has not lost a home game. Pittsburgh and Seattle each lost a (neutral site) Super Bowl during that stretch, but no #1 defense has lost a playoff game at home, according to Pro Football Reference statistics.

And when the #1 defense in points allowed also has a first round bye, they have made it to the Super Bowl every time that’s happened (5 times) over the past nine years, and won it 3 times.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/platform/ ... ssion=true

So true. I remember when it was a known fact that a team who had a record of 15-1 always goes to the Super Bowl. Then the Vikings had to prove that is not the case.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:04 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Knoxx wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Hoo boy. Hopefully Zimmer can keep these guys focused and not reading their own press.

Quote:
They say defense wins championships. And over the last nine post-seasons, the #1 defense in points allowed has not lost a home game. Pittsburgh and Seattle each lost a (neutral site) Super Bowl during that stretch, but no #1 defense has lost a playoff game at home, according to Pro Football Reference statistics.

And when the #1 defense in points allowed also has a first round bye, they have made it to the Super Bowl every time that’s happened (5 times) over the past nine years, and won it 3 times.

So true. I remember when it was a known fact that a team who had a record of 15-1 always goes to the Super Bowl. Then the Vikings had to prove that is not the case.
Interestingly, no 15-1 team has made the Super Bowl since then either.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

Knoxx wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

Quote:

Good thing we are only 13-3.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:31 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:

Except the 2015 Carolina Panthers.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:52 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

84BreaksAnkles wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Except the 2015 Carolina Panthers.
Oh. That's embarrassing.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

Knoxx wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

Quote:

You know what people never talk about? The fact that the Falcons were 14-2 that year. Were 4th in offensive scoring and 4th in defensive for scoring. Compared to the Vikings 1st in scoring and 6th in defensive scoring.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:14 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

The final four in 1998 were a combined 55-9 if I recall correctly.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Waterboy

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Gronk would be my biggest worry. They'd need to dedicate Barr to him on almost 100% of the assing plays, but that hurts given how effective Barr is at blitzing. Kendricks will get eaten alive by Gronk..Same with Sendejo.

I would go out of the box and have Rhodes cover him. None of the other WR scare anybody and they could be covered by the reat of the DBs easily.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:23 am
Starting Wide Receiver

DViking32 wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Gronk would be my biggest worry. They'd need to dedicate Barr to him on almost 100% of the assing plays, but that hurts given how effective Barr is at blitzing. Kendricks will get eaten alive by Gronk..Same with Sendejo.

I would go out of the box and have Rhodes cover him. None of the other WR scare anybody and they could be covered by the reat of the DBs easily.
Good idea. Who else does NE have?

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

So, if the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl, we already know that they will be able to use their own locker room. But will they be able to beat the drum and blow the horn?

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:28 pm
Commissioner

Raptorman wrote:
So, if the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl, we already know that they will be able to use their own locker room. But will they be able to beat the drum and blow the horn?

Last I read likely not. But who knows. We could be in uncharted territory.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2