SB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: SB

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Where did you hear about this desire of Belichick to trade Brady? I've not heard this.

I can completely believe what's written in the ESPN piece. Brady has been a different cat recently. This thing with his fitness brand is strange in some ways, but understandable in others. What is Tom Brady going to do when he retires? My guess ... TB12. He's gonna be a brand, and fitness is what he's peddling. What better way to promote and legitimize the TB12 program than by playing until you're 45?

According to the article, BB loved Garappolo and saw him as the heir apparent to TB. Supposedly Kraft ordered him to trade JG, and it really ticked Belichick off. You guys know how Belichick is ... he doesn't care if you're Tom Brady or Tom Thumb, if he thinks you're past your prime, he'll get rid of you. TB probably saw the writing on the wall.

It begs an interesting question. If Robert Kraft were forced to dump either Brady or Belichick, who would he choose?
Heard it while listening to sports talk radio in the car. I think it was Colin Cowherd. It's just speculation but I think something happened, it makes no sense to trade Jimmy and Jacoby especially for the pick and player they got in return.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I guess we'll see, but the media has a hard on for drumming up these stories at the right time. It's about 2 years and 3 weeks from when the deflate gate story became way over blown in that lull between CCG and the SB. This is a bit of a different ordeal, but it could also be something overblown. Brady ain't playing forever though and Belichick can coach longer than Brady can play, so a decision has to be made at some point. You felt GQ Jimmy was next in line, so him being traded does raise eyebrows.
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

dead_poet wrote:Hoo boy. Hopefully Zimmer can keep these guys focused and not reading their own press.

Why the Vikings are a Super Bowl Favorite
https://www.dailynorseman.com/platform/ ... ssion=true
So true. I remember when it was a known fact that a team who had a record of 15-1 always goes to the Super Bowl. Then the Vikings had to prove that is not the case.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Knoxx wrote: So true. I remember when it was a known fact that a team who had a record of 15-1 always goes to the Super Bowl. Then the Vikings had to prove that is not the case.
Interestingly, no 15-1 team has made the Super Bowl since then either.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Knoxx wrote: So true. I remember when it was a known fact that a team who had a record of 15-1 always goes to the Super Bowl. Then the Vikings had to prove that is not the case.
Good thing we are only 13-3.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Interestingly, no 15-1 team has made the Super Bowl since then either.
Except the 2015 Carolina Panthers.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

84BreaksAnkles wrote: Except the 2015 Carolina Panthers.
Oh. That's embarrassing.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

You know what people never talk about? The fact that the Falcons were 14-2 that year. Were 4th in offensive scoring and 4th in defensive for scoring. Compared to the Vikings 1st in scoring and 6th in defensive scoring.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

The final four in 1998 were a combined 55-9 if I recall correctly.

DViking32
Waterboy

Post by DViking32 »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Gronk would be my biggest worry. They'd need to dedicate Barr to him on almost 100% of the assing plays, but that hurts given how effective Barr is at blitzing. Kendricks will get eaten alive by Gronk..Same with Sendejo.
I would go out of the box and have Rhodes cover him. None of the other WR scare anybody and they could be covered by the reat of the DBs easily.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

DViking32 wrote: I would go out of the box and have Rhodes cover him. None of the other WR scare anybody and they could be covered by the reat of the DBs easily.
Good idea. Who else does NE have?

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

So, if the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl, we already know that they will be able to use their own locker room. But will they be able to beat the drum and blow the horn?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Raptorman wrote:So, if the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl, we already know that they will be able to use their own locker room. But will they be able to beat the drum and blow the horn?
Last I read likely not. But who knows. We could be in uncharted territory.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly