How confident are you in Case Keenum in the playoffs?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How much do you trust Case Keenum in the playoffs?

100% - He has my full confidence
37%
80-99% - He's been great but shaky recently. Moderately confident
29%
50-79% - I'm a little worried but the rest of the team can compensate
22%
0-49% - I'm extremely worried that he may be the direct cause of our elimination
12%

Total votes: 49

S197
Fenrir

Re: How confident are you in Case Keenum in the playoffs?

Post by S197 »

Keenum has proven he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Mr. Forbath on the other hand.... that's what keeps me up at night and you know he'll need to make at least one critical kick.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:Keenum has proven he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Mr. Forbath on the other hand.... that's what keeps me up at night and you know he'll need to make at least one critical kick.
I agree although he's been good lately other than the 55 yarder they had him try.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Keenum makes me nervous in that he's not flawless but that's not really fair. He's somewhere between the way I feel before Forbath kicks and the way I feel when Sherels is about to catch a punt. I wouldn't want any other QB taking his place in the playoffs. Whatever his shortcomings are he has been part of this team's success. More than that though, he's earned it. He's got my confidence.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Raptorman wrote:One of his talking points is YAC. So I posted this on another forum that discussed the same article.

Top 10 in YAC

Code: Select all

1	T. Gurley II	  LAR	811
2	L. Bell	       PIT   688
3	A. Kamara	      NO	662
4	C. McCaffrey	  Car	572
5	G. Tate	       Det	555
6	D. Johnson Jr.	Cle   548
7	M. Ingram	      NO	496
8	C. Thompson	   Was   483
9	J. McKinnon	   Min   476
10	A. Brown	     PIT   471

So, 1,158 yards(26.7%) of Drew Brees 4,334 yards of passing goes to two players running after they caught the ball. Anyone have a story talking about Brees being a paper tiger? Or for that matter Ben Roethlisberger?
Found a spreadsheet I did at the end of last year. It shows that the NFL average for YAC makes up 46.1% of a QB total yardage. Now unless Keenum is depending on 65%, I'm not going to be concerned about it.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Well after two games the QB with the best stat line - Alex Smith - 24-33, 264 YDS, 2 TD, 0 INT, is on the losing team.

The winning QBs today, Matt Ryan and Marcus Mariota, threw for 218 and 205 yards, respectively, with Ryan throwing 1 TD and Mariota throwing 2.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Interesting story on Kennum using VR during they year.
As a result, Keenum has had thousands of additional mental reps. In total since he took over starting duties in Week 2, Keenum has viewed 2,647 plays through virtual reality, which translated to him getting to review every play the Vikings have run this season two to three times from a mental standpoint over the course of the year, according to STRIVR’s tracking data.

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-viki ... enums-game
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Raptorman wrote:Interesting story on Kennum using VR during they year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-viki ... enums-game
That's pretty cool. Hopefully it translates to the field this Sunday.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Watching the College Championship game last night made me think. If Keenum is laying an egg in the first half. I mean seriously looks like the moment has gotten the best of him. Forcing throws, feeling phantom pressure, missing wide open targets. Would you try and create a spark by inserting Bradford or Bridgewater? That was a ballsy move by Saban.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote:Watching the College Championship game last night made me think. If Keenum is laying and egg in the first half. I mean seriously looks like the moment has gotten the best of him. Forcing throws, feeling phantom pressure, missing wide open targets. Would you try and create a spark by inserting Bradford or Bridgewater?
It's an interesting question. I think the likeliest outcomes for Case would be missing open targets, turnovers and/or reluctance to pull the trigger (holding the ball too long) out of fear of making a mistake. If we see a stat line going into the half that's something like 6/14; 106 yards; 1/2 INTs; 0 TDs, I think you have to consider making a change. Part of me thinks that Case has earned the chance to get back in the game. But there's a larger part that knows Sam's natural talent and Teddy's composure, leadership and late-game prowess. I think I would reluctantly make the change and hope for a spark but I don't think Zimmer would.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly