Shurmer ready for head coach interviews

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Grashopa
Franchise Player

Re: Shurmer ready for head coach interviews

Post by Grashopa »

I really just dont want him in our division, but with 2/3 of the interviews in the division... There was actually a pretty large list of coaching candidates and a lot fewer vacancies than expected, so maybe we retain him for another year.
Formerly AADPFan
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Maybe Shurmur is not looking to leave...He has it pretty good right now.
Maybe he will use these interviews to try and get a raise...just some food for thought.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:
I'd be more interested in Caldwell's OC, Jim Bob Cooter.
Plus, Jim Bob Cooper is a way cooler name.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

If they do lose Shurmer, I know I said I think Hue is great, but I'd almost prefer they find someone fresh. Someone from the college game that has NFL experience.

Lane Kiffin would be nice, but that's not happening.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:
I'd be more interested in Caldwell's OC, Jim Bob Cooter.
So would I, if only for all the fun we'd have with his name.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Plus, Jim Bob Cooper is a way cooler name.

I'm guessing that was an auto-correct, but it's COOTER.

As in the stupid grease monkey from Dukes of Hazzard.

OK, I guess it's also a slang term for the female sex organ, but we won't go there. Wait. I just did.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Lol, yep auto correct. I didn't even notice it. Either way, it would be fun to say!

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Maelstrom88 wrote:What do you guys think about Jim Caldwell as a replacement?
No thank you. The guy has a record of mediocrity. No long time NFL guys with a history of bad results please.

I'd actually take another crack at Bill Musgrave if he is available. OAK sure missed him this year.

My hope is they offer Shurmer a fat contract and get him to stay. This coaching staff has worked really well this year, be a shame to break it up.

Another name that might be on the table is Jay Gruden. He might get canned in WSH after several years of medioce results. If that happens, he'd be a compelling addition as an OC.

A darn shame that Arians is retiring from Football. I had this pipedream that Arians would quit AZ and come to MIN and be Zimmer's OC. Half of it came true...
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

mansquatch wrote: No thank you. The guy has a record of mediocrity. No long time NFL guys with a history of bad results please.

I'd actually take another crack at Bill Musgrave if he is available. OAK sure missed him this year.

My hope is they offer Shurmer a fat contract and get him to stay. This coaching staff has worked really well this year, be a shame to break it up.

Another name that might be on the table is Jay Gruden. He might get canned in WSH after several years of medioce results. If that happens, he'd be a compelling addition as an OC.

A darn shame that Arians is retiring from Football. I had this pipedream that Arians would quit AZ and come to MIN and be Zimmer's OC. Half of it came true...
No thank you to Bill Musgrave, I just hope and pray that Shurmer stays.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pat Shurmur - C - Vikings
ABC 15 in Arizona reports Vikings OC Pat Shurmur has emerged as the favorite for the Cardinals' head-coaching vacancy.

Shurmur interviewed for Arizona's vacancy last week, and rumors have had him potentially bringing impending free agent Case Keenum along with him should Shurmur land a head-coaching gig. He was being considered by the Bears, but Chicago opted for ex-Chiefs OC Matt Nagy. Shurmur has also drawn interest from the Lions and Giants, who have yet to fill their head-coaching voids.
Source: ABC 15 Arizona
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Well that would suck monkey balls
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

get mcdaniels after the patriots implode
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I really hope he doesnt go. The continuous rumor is that if he goes he'll take Keenum with him. It's a very tough call because I would normally say "Well, just resign Keenum so Shurmur cant get him in FA. BUT, is Keenum a product of Shurmur??? That is the big question. I dont think[/] he is. But if thats the case and we resign him without Shurmur, is Case going to go back to his old self. That is the risky part. However, based on how the rest of his playoff run goes, I'm sure his confidence will be sky high going into next year. Who knows
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

One scenario I haven’t seen discussed is that Shurmur could leave and take Bradford with him, not Case. Remember, Shurmur is the reason we went after Bradford in the first place, having worked with him at the Rams and Eagles.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purple Domination wrote:One scenario I haven’t seen discussed is that Shurmur could leave and take Bradford with him, not Case. Remember, Shurmur is the reason we went after Bradford in the first place, having worked with him at the Rams and Eagles.
Very good point. Didnt think about that one
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri