Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30148
Page 1 of 1

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:44 pm ]
Post subject:  WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

TV Map. Getting Burkhardt and Davis again.

Hoping the Vikings take care of business so we don't have to watch the scoreboard in the afternoon.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=17

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

WED injury report

Image

Author:  dead_poet [ Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Elflein. Crap.

Author:  Svt40 [ Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

808vikingsfan wrote:
TV Map. Getting Burkhardt and Davis again.

Hoping the Vikings take care of business so we don't have to watch the scoreboard in the afternoon.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=17


Bah I have to watch it on my computer again...Stupid Dallas Cowboys.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

dead_poet wrote:
Elflein. Crap.
That is significant. The OL has been bad lately, especially so in the Carolina game when he missed.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  dead_poet [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Been thinking: move Berger to LG and Isidora at RG vs. Sirles at LG.

I don't think highly of Sirles.

Agree or disagree?

Author:  dead_poet [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Also hoping we see some Jaleel with Stephen a little banged up. Word has it the team really likes him. Would be good to get him some reps.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Sires was good last year but he didn't have a very good year this year. Maybe he just needs more reps?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  dead_poet [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Sires was good last year but he didn't have a very good year this year. Maybe he just needs more reps?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Was he good last year?

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Sires was good last year but he didn't have a very good year this year. Maybe he just needs more reps?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Was he good last year?
Wasn't he?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  dead_poet [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Sires was good last year but he didn't have a very good year this year. Maybe he just needs more reps?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Was he good last year?
Wasn't he?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


PFF had him at a 67 grade (49 out of 81). I recall him struggling quite a bit in pass protection, especially against Philadelphia. He's sitting around a 49 grade currently and coming off a poor game in relief of Easton.

Author:  HardcoreVikesFan [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

dead_poet wrote:
Also hoping we see some Jaleel with Stephen a little banged up. Word has it the team really likes him. Would be good to get him some reps.


I am not in a position to criticize this team given how well we have performed. It has been a fun season. However, I do have two small gripes:

Jaleel is a tremendous talent - trust me on that one. It has been very disappointing that he has been inactive a majority of the season. I personally believe he has more skill than Shamar (even though Shamar has done well).

I don't see why the team doesn't give Isidora a chance at guard. Sirles is a liability. Outside of his versatility, I don't exactly see what the team sees in him.

Author:  S197 [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

I think we've seen more of Stephen because he's good against the run and can spell Linval or play next to him in short yardage situations. On passing downs, usually Robison will rotate in at DT.

I read Trubisky is the fourth worst QB under pressure so getting to him will be key on Sunday.

Author:  Barry [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Saw the map earlier this week, and I'm very excited that I get to watch the Vikes. Thank goodness the Panther game is later.

Author:  S197 [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

There's talk that since Easton will need to play center, they might kick Remmers in to guard and have Hill play RT.

Author:  dead_poet [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

S197 wrote:
There's talk that since Easton will need to play center, they might kick Remmers in to guard and have Hill play RT.


You mean Berger?

I actually don't hate that combination.

Author:  S197 [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Err yeah Berger :oops: . So line would be Reiff-Sirles-Berger-Remmers-Hill

Author:  PurpleKoolaid [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

S197 wrote:
Err yeah Berger :oops: . So line would be Reiff-Sirles-Berger-Remmers-Hill


That line would be better. But Sirles and Hill Bother me. Might be the best though for the Bears.

Author:  dead_poet [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Elflein ruled out

Author:  halfgiz [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

@GoesslingStrib
18m
The Vikings added center Cornelius Edison to the active roster, with Pat Elflein out tomorrow. They put Kevin McDermott on injured reserve, which means Jeff Overbaugh is the long snapper indefinitely.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Looking back at 09, pretty eerie how similar it was to this year. Losses to Carolina and Pitt. Wins against the Rams, Ravens. Chasing an NFC East team (Saints) for best record in NFC. Needed to win the last two and have one team lose for home field but lose it in week 16. Let's hope the Bears don't play spoilers again.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

808vikingsfan wrote:
Looking back at 09, pretty eerie how similar it was to this year. Losses to Carolina and Pitt. Wins against the Rams, Ravens. Chasing an NFC East team (Saints) for best record in NFC. Needed to win the last two and have one team lose for home field but lose it in week 16. Let's hope the Bears don't play spoilers again.
Yeah but we win on the road against GB, and we lost in Chicago in 2009. This team did a little better than that 2009.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

Vikes get this W, but please oh please, no injuries.

Author:  Trkn10 [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

We lose to the Bears Sunday and we have no business in the Super Bowl!

I can't believe some of the pessimism I'm reading on this Forum this week going into this game and looking forward. :wallbang:

:beerock: :smilevike: :v): :thumbsup:

Author:  Just Me [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WEEK 17: Bears @ Vikings Discussion

PurpleMustReign wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
Looking back at 09, pretty eerie how similar it was to this year. Losses to Carolina and Pitt. Wins against the Rams, Ravens. Chasing an NFC East team (Saints) for best record in NFC. Needed to win the last two and have one team lose for home field but lose it in week 16. Let's hope the Bears don't play spoilers again.
Yeah but we win on the road against GB, and we lost in Chicago in 2009. This team did a little better than that 2009.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


I think this team plays more consistently than the 2009 squad did. The 2009 squad had a horrible December and pretty much lost their HFA because of losses to teams that (at least on paper) they should have beat. I actually have more confidence in this squad because I believe they are more balanced on both sides of the ball.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/