Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30130
Page 1 of 1

Author:  dead_poet [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Rhodes
Griffen
Barr
Thielen

God God. Harry snubbed again.

And Linval.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

And kendricks. And Case.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  DK Sweets [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

I have no idea how Linval and Hitman got left out; they're both arguably the best at their positions.

Oh well. We'll be in Minnesota in February anyways.

Author:  PurpleKoolaid [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Smith, Linval, and Kendricks should have been automatic. I think we will have to win the SB to get any respect at all.

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

DK Sweets wrote:
I have no idea how Linval and Hitman got left out; they're both arguably the best at their positions.

Oh well. We'll be in Minnesota in February anyways.


Glaring Omissions. Linval I kinda understand if you're not a Vikings fan or seen him play, but not Harry. He's been far and away the best this season. Earl been hurt a lot of the season and hasn't had the same impact this season.


Pro Bowl ain't what it was anyway...I'm moving on..

Author:  J. Kapp 11 [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

This is yet another example of the ongoing bias against this team.

Gerald McCoy over Linval Joseph? Earl Thomas over Harrison Smith? Jimmy Graham over Kyle Rudolph? How on earth do so many Redskins and Seahawks get on the team?

Case Keenum should be the alternate for Carson Wentz, but watch ... it'll go to Goff.

What a joke.

Author:  John_Viveiros [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Once again...

Enjoy the fact that all these guys are flying under the radar, on a team that's flying under the radar. As individuals, they'll be easier to sign if they don't have the "pro-bowl" pedigree. And the team is continually underrated - hence their NFL best 10-4 record against the spread. "Sure, you know you have to be your best when you play Brady and Belichek, but hey, we're only playing the Vikings this week..."

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Packers snubbed from 2018 NFL Pro Bowl roster

Author:  jackal [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Kendricks deserves it probably more than Barr
imo

Linval not making it... total joke

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Adam Fn Thielen!

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

And again, Smith has better statistics than those guys and according to PFF is the #1 overall safety in the NFL. Joseph is why our defense is #2 in rush D. And Kendricks I have always said is grossly underrated and I feel like he always will be. Pro Bowl is a joke but it' still super frustrating.

Author:  Cliff [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

The idea is to get as many people to watch the pro bowl as possible and the formula for that (they think) is making sure people know as many names as possible. You need stats *and* name recognition to make it to the lol-bowl.

Author:  mansquatch [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

it's in part a popularity contest, which is why a guy like Joseph struggles to go. Linval is the best 4-3 NT in the league, but NT do not register flash stats like Sacks.

I'm sure if you asked 10 4-3 running NFL teams if they wanted their guy at NT vs. Joseph at least 9 would probably say they want Joseph.

I've long stopped paying attention to probowl bids. My hope is that no Vikings end up playing in it since that means they are playing the following weekend. :beerock:

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

ESPN: Biggest Pro Bowl Snub this season

Author:  VikingLord [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
This is yet another example of the ongoing bias against this team.

Gerald McCoy over Linval Joseph? Earl Thomas over Harrison Smith? Jimmy Graham over Kyle Rudolph? How on earth do so many Redskins and Seahawks get on the team?

Case Keenum should be the alternate for Carson Wentz, but watch ... it'll go to Goff.

What a joke.


A lot of it has to do with name recognition and/or media hype during the year, so in some ways it's expected.

Hopefully it just serves as more motivation for the deserving Vikings who were overlooked.

Author:  S197 [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Cliff wrote:
The idea is to get as many people to watch the pro bowl as possible and the formula for that (they think) is making sure people know as many names as possible. You need stats *and* name recognition to make it to the lol-bowl.


Harrison needs to change his name to Hitman McHit Yo Face.

Author:  DK Sweets [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

S197 wrote:
Cliff wrote:
The idea is to get as many people to watch the pro bowl as possible and the formula for that (they think) is making sure people know as many names as possible. You need stats *and* name recognition to make it to the lol-bowl.


Harrison needs to change his name to Hitman McHit Yo Face.
Nonononono the fines.....


Lets divert course for a moment though... how about how awesome it is that Thielen made the Pro Bowl!

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

DK Sweets wrote:
S197 wrote:
Cliff wrote:
The idea is to get as many people to watch the pro bowl as possible and the formula for that (they think) is making sure people know as many names as possible. You need stats *and* name recognition to make it to the lol-bowl.


Harrison needs to change his name to Hitman McHit Yo Face.
Nonononono the fines.....


Lets divert course for a moment though... how about how awesome it is that Thielen made the Pro Bowl!


If the Vikings make the SB and Thielen is voted MVP, they have to make a movie about his life.

Author:  John_Viveiros [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

808vikingsfan wrote:
Packers snubbed from 2018 NFL Pro Bowl roster

[sound of crickets chirping]

LOL. :lol: Good one!

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Seeing who initially gets voted into the Pro Bowl is interesting, but honestly, the PB is a joke. Come the time when the game is actually played, Teddy will probably be on the roster again...THIS season! :lol:

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Seeing who initially gets voted into the Pro Bowl is interesting, but honestly, the PB is a joke. Come the time when the game is actually played, Teddy will probably be on the roster again...THIS season! :lol:


I'm not so sure. The game is a joke, but the voting? If you think about the way the players get voted in, there's no reason Smith should've been snubbed. 1/3 fans, 1/3 players, 1/3 coaches. If I read correctly, Smith was leading the fans vote which means he's not getting the votes from the players and coaches.

Author:  J. Kapp 11 [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

808vikingsfan wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Seeing who initially gets voted into the Pro Bowl is interesting, but honestly, the PB is a joke. Come the time when the game is actually played, Teddy will probably be on the roster again...THIS season! :lol:


I'm not so sure. The game is a joke, but the voting? If you think about the way the players get voted in, there's no reason Smith should've been snubbed. 1/3 fans, 1/3 players, 1/3 coaches. If I read correctly, Smith was leading the fans vote which means he's not getting the votes from the players and coaches.

That's really the crux of it ... the voting. Who care about the game?

The fact that Harrison Smith got snubbed, and that snub came from the players and coaches -- well, it doesn't say much for the intelligence of those players and coaches. Specifically, how could anyone on any Vikings opponent not vote for Smith? The guy makes about 10 incredibly impressive plays per game. The way Zimmer lines him up anywhere is uncanny. How many times have we seen him lining up near the LOS, as if to blitz, and getting back into coverage 15 yards downfield? Or starting out deep in the defensive backfield and bursting through to make a TFL?

He's the best safety in the game, period. They got this one very, very wrong.

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

808vikingsfan wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Seeing who initially gets voted into the Pro Bowl is interesting, but honestly, the PB is a joke. Come the time when the game is actually played, Teddy will probably be on the roster again...THIS season! :lol:


I'm not so sure. The game is a joke, but the voting? If you think about the way the players get voted in, there's no reason Smith should've been snubbed. 1/3 fans, 1/3 players, 1/3 coaches. If I read correctly, Smith was leading the fans vote which means he's not getting the votes from the players and coaches.


I'm not sure were arguing anything different...That's why I'm saying, I initially like to see who gets voted in because that's all that really matters and I posted earlier about the Vikings snubs. I just feel the entire process is a joke now because in the end, you'll have guys that have no business being on a pro bowl roster actually being the ones to play the game.

I've always thought more highly of All-Pro teams...Pro Bowl gets the most mentions though cause of the game that's played...but when you hear announcers say, so and so "was a pro bowler last year," it has certainly lost its prestige with some of these guys that get in now. Completely watered down and to the point where it doesn't really matter either way.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Saw this on Reddit. Snub off the snub list?

Image

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Blake Martinez is a stud. Not sure all who made it in over him at that position, but from that list it is he or Keemun, in my opinion.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

808vikingsfan wrote:
Saw this on Reddit. Snub off the snub list?

Image
My God who actually made the pro bowl?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

PacificNorseWest wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Seeing who initially gets voted into the Pro Bowl is interesting, but honestly, the PB is a joke. Come the time when the game is actually played, Teddy will probably be on the roster again...THIS season! :lol:


I'm not so sure. The game is a joke, but the voting? If you think about the way the players get voted in, there's no reason Smith should've been snubbed. 1/3 fans, 1/3 players, 1/3 coaches. If I read correctly, Smith was leading the fans vote which means he's not getting the votes from the players and coaches.


I'm not sure were arguing anything different...That's why I'm saying, I initially like to see who gets voted in because that's all that really matters and I posted earlier about the Vikings snubs. I just feel the entire process is a joke now because in the end, you'll have guys that have no business being on a pro bowl roster actually being the ones to play the game.

I've always thought more highly of All-Pro teams...Pro Bowl gets the most mentions though cause of the game that's played...but when you hear announcers say, so and so "was a pro bowler last year," it has certainly lost its prestige with some of these guys that get in now. Completely watered down and to the point where it doesn't really matter either way.


Xavier and Harrison 1st team All-Pro's. That's all that matters. Suck it, Pro Bowl.

Thielen and Griffin named to 2nd team.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

Quote:
After being snubbed by Pro Bowl voters, Vikings' Harrison Smith was selected as a first-team All-Pro safety. Harrison was joined by teammate Xavier Rhodes. Receiver Adam Thielen and pass rusher Everson Griffen made the second-team from Mike Zimmer's squad


Thielen!

Author:  J. Kapp 11 [ Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Four Vikings named to the Pro Bowl

808vikingsfan wrote:
Quote:
After being snubbed by Pro Bowl voters, Vikings' Harrison Smith was selected as a first-team All-Pro safety. Harrison was joined by teammate Xavier Rhodes. Receiver Adam Thielen and pass rusher Everson Griffen made the second-team from Mike Zimmer's squad


Thielen!

Love it. My favorite Viking is an all-pro.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/