Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Bradford Could Return (?)
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30128
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Just Me [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Bradford Could Return (?)

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/12/16/16785094/sam-bradford-was-gone-apparently-hes-back-minnesota-vikings

Quote:
With the timing of the Vikings placing Bradford on IR, he is eligible to return for the start of the postseason. The Vikings will then have a decision to make as far as placing him back on the active roster and on the quarterback depth chart with Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater.


More at the link

Discuss...

Author:  dead_poet [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

*facepalm*

Only the Vikings...

Author:  TSonn [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

If Bradford is actually healthy (not the @Bears kind of healthy), I'd make him #2 for the playoffs and think about making Teddy inactive. Bradford has at least played this year with these guys and spent all offseason with them. Teddy hasn't.

Author:  J. Kapp 11 [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

TSonn wrote:
If Bradford is actually healthy (not the @Bears kind of healthy), I'd make him #2 for the playoffs and think about making Teddy inactive. Bradford has at least played this year with these guys and spent all offseason with them. Teddy hasn't.

Stand by for the flak. Your statement is about to explode.

Teddy sycophants, please go easy on TSonn.

Author:  dead_poet [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
TSonn wrote:
If Bradford is actually healthy (not the @Bears kind of healthy), I'd make him #2 for the playoffs and think about making Teddy inactive. Bradford has at least played this year with these guys and spent all offseason with them. Teddy hasn't.

Stand by for the flak. Your statement is about to explode.

Teddy sycophants, please go easy on TSonn.


Nah. It's a valid question.

Who do you trust? Really only the Vikes will know. Sure, Sam has played with these guys and had camp but one could make the case that Teddy is more up-to-speed as of late and has had much more practice time/is more "game-ready." However how does HE look after his reported surgeries and magical European knee voodoo human sacrifices?

Activate whoever looks best in practice. Maybe Sloter can put his leg through a door and go on IR.

Author:  Dmizzle0 [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Im pretty much a fan Of Teddy but I can argue with him being #3 because Case pretty much established the team chemistry. We all know Sam is awesome when hes healthy and with Teddy, we still don't know how he'll play since he didn't play a full game in almost 2 years.

Im hoping Teddy will get a chance to play more against Chicago.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

TSonn wrote:
If Bradford is actually healthy (not the @Bears kind of healthy), I'd make him #2 for the playoffs and think about making Teddy inactive. Bradford has at least played this year with these guys and spent all offseason with them. Teddy hasn't.
I agree 100%. IF... Sam is healthy he should be #2.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  S197 [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Sam is done.

Author:  PurpleKoolaid [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

How many more teams have to give Sam another shot? The Vikings already gave him a few years. The guy is a walking (no pun intended) injury waiting to happen. The Sam plan failed. I dont know whats going to happen with Teddy, who I am a huge fan of, but Case has earned the starting job as QB. More then Sam has, thats for sure. We certainly cant keep all three, but I think we need to let Case know its his job. Period. Bad time for Sam to come back, but he is probably still hurt anyway. I dont think Case has played with this good of an offense before, he may not have even hit his stride yet. I personally would like more long balls, and audibles from Case, but im betting that happens with time.

Author:  soflavike [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

If Keenum is hurt in a playoff game and we need a score, a healthy Bradford is an easy choice over a rusty Bridgewater

Author:  dead_poet [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

soflavike wrote:
If Keenum is hurt in a playoff game and we need a score, a healthy Bradford is an easy choice over a rusty Bridgewater


Sam hasn't practiced or played since week 5. Teddy's been practicing in some capacity since week 1, officially playing with the team since week 7 and played on Sunday.

Who's rustier?

(I get your point and I'm being a little cheeky but there's an argument Sam could be as rusty or rustier with Lord knows what the status of his zombie knee.

Author:  J. Kapp 11 [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

At first glance, the question seemed irrelevant. Bradford hadn't been seen in Winter Park in nearly two months.

But today, reports have surfaced that he's back in the locker room. Makes you wonder what that means.

I think the only way Spielman and Zimmer can look at this is the same way they'd look at it if neither Bradford nor Bridgewater had ever been a starter. Who would give the Vikings a better chance to win if the starter (Keenum) were to go down?

I wish the Vikings would have called a few more pass plays when Bridgewater was in the game yesterday. He only dropped back twice, and he looked very unsure if himself both times. However, it's not fair to say he looked bad. He didn't really have much of an opportunity.

Bradford played great last year. He played great in Week 1 this year. Then he looked terrible (and not healthy) in Week 4.

It's an impossible question.

Author:  TSonn [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
TSonn wrote:
If Bradford is actually healthy (not the @Bears kind of healthy), I'd make him #2 for the playoffs and think about making Teddy inactive. Bradford has at least played this year with these guys and spent all offseason with them. Teddy hasn't.

Stand by for the flak. Your statement is about to explode.

Teddy sycophants, please go easy on TSonn.


Haha thanks for the warning and support! I think I would actually identify as a Teddy sycophant but this year it just seems to make more sense to roll with Keenum and Bradford since they have more familiarity with the team and playbook. Although, who knows how Teddy has looked in practice and maybe he can light it up like Bradford did week 1. Just with the info I currently have, I'd roll with Keenum and Bradford since they have both played great this season.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

S197 wrote:
Sam is done.


+1

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

There's no question that IF Sam is healthy he should be the #2. We dont even know if Teddy can fill in and actually play well. We know a healthy Bradford is a good QB. I love Teddy but from a pure thrower standpoint, Bradford probably has everyone beat. Like I said, IF and only IF he is 100% healthy, he should hands down be the #2. Simple as that

Author:  mansquatch [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

It would be a MAJOR coaching blunder to switch starting QBs in the playoffs after Keenum has been at the helm since week 2.

I really want to believe that Zimmer and his staff are too smart to do something that colossally stupid with all the marbles on the table and the best defense in the playoffs.

That article was daily norseman, so curious if they are just pontificating or if they have a source. My guess is they are just being stupid.

Author:  Dames [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

mansquatch wrote:
It would be a MAJOR coaching blunder to switch starting QBs in the playoffs after Keenum has been at the helm since week 2.

I really want to believe that Zimmer and his staff are too smart to do something that colossally stupid with all the marbles on the table and the best defense in the playoffs.

That article was daily norseman, so curious if they are just pontificating or if they have a source. My guess is they are just being stupid.

The article doesn't suggest that they would make Bradford the starter, just put him back on the active roster (presumably to be the backup). I think it it would be smart. He looked razor sharp week 1. Case is clearly the starter going forward.

Author:  mansquatch [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

I don't care if they put him on the roster, but can you imagine what would happen if they started him and they lost the playoff game? That would go down as one of the most egregious coaching blunders of all time.

Author:  TSonn [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

mansquatch wrote:
I don't care if they put him on the roster, but can you imagine what would happen if they started him and they lost the playoff game? That would go down as one of the most egregious coaching blunders of all time.


If we lost 41-0? Sure.
If we lost 41-35 in a shootout? Probably not.

Author:  Mothman [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

TSonn wrote:
mansquatch wrote:
I don't care if they put him on the roster, but can you imagine what would happen if they started him and they lost the playoff game? That would go down as one of the most egregious coaching blunders of all time.


If we lost 41-0? Sure.
If we lost 41-35 in a shootout? Probably not.


Where did you come up with a hypothetical score of 41-0? I'm not aware of ANY conference championship game ever ending with that score. Not one. Nope. Never happened.

Never. Happened.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Mothman wrote:
TSonn wrote:
mansquatch wrote:
I don't care if they put him on the roster, but can you imagine what would happen if they started him and they lost the playoff game? That would go down as one of the most egregious coaching blunders of all time.


If we lost 41-0? Sure.
If we lost 41-35 in a shootout? Probably not.


Where did you come up with a hypothetical score of 41-0? I'm not aware of ANY conference championship game ever ending with that score. Not one. Nope. Never happened.

Never. Happened.
Remember they canceled the Super Bowl that one season for no apparent reason? Maybe that is when something arbitrary like that happened

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  TeamChaplain [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

I agree that Sam is done in Minnesota.

Author:  Cliff [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

I think Sam should maybe considering just being done period. He's a competitor so I expect him to keep pushing ahead but man ... the poor guy has taken a beating. Not only with one of the worst offensive lines of all time last season but he had some real stinkers in his first several seasons.

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Cliff wrote:
I think Sam should maybe considering just being done period. He's a competitor so I expect him to keep pushing ahead but man ... the poor guy has taken a beating. Not only with one of the worst offensive lines of all time last season but he had some real stinkers in his first several seasons.


Yeah he's had poor OLs his whole career. I feel bad for the guy because I do believe he is a good QB.

Author:  soflavike [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

If you need a quick refresher, here are Bradford's highlights from Week 1 vs New Orleans.

https://youtu.be/wDRPG8JdHqQ

The guy can play when he's healthy.

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

soflavike wrote:
If you need a quick refresher, here are Bradford's highlights from Week 1 vs New Orleans.

https://youtu.be/wDRPG8JdHqQ

The guy can play when he's healthy.


Exactly. That is why he should definitely be the #2 IF he's healthy. He's a good QB with awful luck IMO

Author:  VikingLord [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Even if Bradford is activated I don't see how he gets back on the field. Bridgewater should be the backup at this point in the season.

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

VikingLord wrote:
Even if Bradford is activated I don't see how he gets back on the field. Bridgewater should be the backup at this point in the season.


If he's activated and (knock on wood) we need a QB change, why wouldnt he get on the field. Teddy hasnt played in over a year and a half. Do you really want him running this offense in the playoffs?? This is why I said earlier in the year that if Teddy didnt play when he was activated, we should've held him out the rest of the year. Which we've done so far but we are now at the point where the playoffs are about to be here and he has no IN GAME experience other than 2 check downs. Hopefully he can get some burn in the next two games but right now, IF Sam is healthy, he needs to be the #2. I feel 100% comfortable with Sam running the show if it ever came down to that in the playoffs. I dont feel that with Teddy

Author:  TSonn [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

I think there's a case (no pun intended) to be made for any of our QBs moving forward.

Bradford = easily the best arm talent on the team. Also might be the best at pre-snap reads (thanks 2016 o-line). Legs could literally fall apart at any moment on or off the field.
Keenum = toughest competitor and best intangibles. Lacking in measurables but who cares about those. 29 years old so still could have a solid 5+ years left. Plus, he has two knees.
Bridgewater = great leader but has never really proved himself on the NFL field. Youngest option and could still have 10+ years left. Could still become great? Could also have another fluke injury?

I'm sure the front office has a plan and I'll understand their reasoning for whichever guy they keep. I'll be super stoked if we're able to keep 2 of them.

Author:  Boon [ Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bradford Could Return (?)

Mothman wrote:
TSonn wrote:
mansquatch wrote:
I don't care if they put him on the roster, but can you imagine what would happen if they started him and they lost the playoff game? That would go down as one of the most egregious coaching blunders of all time.


If we lost 41-0? Sure.
If we lost 41-35 in a shootout? Probably not.


Where did you come up with a hypothetical score of 41-0? I'm not aware of ANY conference championship game ever ending with that score. Not one. Nope. Never happened.

Never. Happened.




:lol:

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/